Painful Left breast

goddess25

Reaction score
OK so a few days ago I started feeling my Left boob getting a bit sore, last night it was pretty painful and I did a little check and I can feel a little blob about 3 cm from nipple on the underside of the boob. Its very localised and close to the skin so I am thinking milk duct.

Today I feel like my nipple and the underside of my boob feels like its on fire. It also feels heavy but not full if that makes sense.
When Livi feeds from it, it feels better for about 10 minutes then it starts to feel like its on fire again, I am also feeling a bit hot but this isnt unusual maybe a bit more than normal.

So just wondering do you think its a blocked milk duct? What can I do about it? Livi seems to be feeding normally and they supply coming from it seems the same.

I've never had a blocked duct but maybe try hand expressing on that side after she's done feeding on it to see if you can unblock that duct. Also, hot compresses on it might help as well.

Definitely sounds like a blocked duct. Take a hot shower, and massage the heck out of that boob! It'll probably really hurt, but it will feel soooo much better when you clear it.

If you start to feel like you have got the flu get yourself to the docs because it may have turned into mastitis. :hugs:

Hm this is very interesting as this is almost identical to what i have.the only difference is it hurts a hell of a lot when feeding him From the off,and i have a lump nearer my armpit.it still hurts now and he last fed 3hours ago. iv also got a head cold flu thing.but so has dh+lo.literally as im writing this im getting shooting pains in that breast. ill try+massage in the shower+see what happens.

It sure sucks... just been in a hot bath and did a massage. Its really starting to hurt now when she is feeding too. There is now a little white blob on my nipple. OUCH.

I would go get it checked out by the doctor to make sure it's not mastitis. Hope it gets better soon.

I have found a hot water bottle held against the sore area really useful for clearing blocked ducts....

Also, having your LO's chin on the side of the duct helps - i.e. if your lump is on the outside of your breast, try feeding in the rugby hold. Babies are great at clearing out any blockages!

There is this advice from Dr Sears

'If you notice a small, white dot at the end of the milk duct on your nipple, that is the end of a plugged nipple opening. Apply moist heat on this white blister and with a sterile needle gently pop the blister. If this pore stays plugged, it could block milk drainage and lead to a plugged duct and mastitis.'

https://www.askdrsears.com/topics/breastfeeding/common-problems/plugged-milk-ducts

I hope it clears up for you soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->