PAL after Recurrent Losses - come join us!

Heart I had that Hun when my symptoms disappeared nothing major it just was noticeable!! But they went an symptoms returned have had heartburn all night!! I hope there stretching I'm trying to think positive heart I'm going for stretching!! Lol
My Doppler should arrive Tom scared an excited have you got urs yet heart!? I'm hoping I find it!! But I no I prob won't!! Xx

I tried the doppler tonight - i didn't expect to find it so early and didn't either! Feels like i've been pregnant forever and i haven't got any pics or sounds to show for it!

Thanks Davies. I know around the 9 week mark cramps can increase. Let's just hope for the best. I know Croy had them and then had a perfect scan. So let's just keep hoping the best!

I can't wait to hear about your Doppler experience. It's almost like having a scan tomorrow! I hope you find it. I haven't bought one yet. I want to get past my critical phase before investing in one. Maybe next week if tomorrow's scan is good.

Aw Pup. It's way too early for the Doppler. Do you have a scan scheduled? I don't have anything on the front page for you.

Embo do you have a scan scheduled?

I was going to wait but this is going to b a long week for me! I feel like I need something to keep me busy!! An I can keep busy by doing it all day lol!
I won't have work till next week at the earliest! X

I don't blame you. You have to wait a while for your next scan. I'm so jealous you don't have to go back to work tomorrow! I want to stay home and eat angel delight!

before i disappear to bed - just wanted to wish heart all the best tomorrow!!Hopefully youll bring piccies back.

Ive got my glucose tolerance test at 9am which lasts 2-3 hours!!!!! That will be fun... DH is coming to keep me company and is also fasting with me till tomorrow lunchtime when i can eat again... such a long time :wacko:

I don't have a scan now until January 18th. Feckin ages away!

What do they do Lou? U don't have a blood test for 2-3 hours surely?? I will cry!! Heart good luck hun I will b with u can't wait for ur pic! Ur gonna b fine Hun just fine xxxx

Heart good luck at your scan! Sure you'll be just fine! I think your cramps are just stretching and that's a good thing! It's good that they're scanning you so much.
What is technically a missed mc. I get confused!

Good luck with the test and scan tomorrow!

Puppy, soon you'll be able to hear it :hugs:
A number of ladies have been able to successfully doppel in their 8th week.

It's when the baby dies but the mother doesn't know it. Usually they find out at a scan when there is no hb and the baby stopped growing. I know this has happened to several of our lovely ladies here. In my opinion it is just one more cruel thing we have to fear. Why can't a loss be obvious? If we're going to have one, why can't we be afforded the kindness of actually knowing that it happened. It's just so cruel.

Did you get scan scheduled tomorrow? How are you feeling?

Ah , pretty obvious in the name I suppose! :dohh: I don't know what mine were, they were always behind LMP dates got a heartbeat then stopped. Having early scans meant they weren't missed but I suppose they would have been had it been left till 12 weeks!
What were yours like heart if you don't mind me asking, were yours always on track for LMP dates?

Technically, I think it is when you go for a scan and it shows that the baby is dead but hasn't been expelled yet.
A miscarriage is when you bleed right away. It is immediately active as opposed to the missed miscarriage where you might not have any m/c symptoms or just some spotting.
The lines aren't quite clear. If I have spotting and a scan shows my baby died two days ago, I suppose it would be classified as a missed miscarriage. I might not have had a scan in which case the spotting could turn into bleeding and passing tissue overnight. Without scan measurements showing when the baby died I suppose that a doctor I saw the next day might have said it was a miscarriage.

From my own experience, I've had two miscarriages and three missed miscarriages. It was quite obvious which was which. With the mcs I started with proper bleeding and passed tissue/clots within 24 hours. My mmcs were later in gestation. With the first I had a tea spoon's worth of spotting. Next day a scan. Then nothing while I waited five days for my ERPC. Second one I had a drop of spotting, scan showed dead baby, ERPC same day. Third, no spotting, scan showed dead baby and it took four days to arrange ERPC. In the meantime my body made no attempt to start the miscarriage process.

Sorry for being so blunt again :blush:

So were yours always on track LMP wise from the start pip? Im wondering why mine are always so slow to grow and behind dates by a week at least. So for my second one for example, there was a strong heartbeat but the baby measured 6.4 instead of 7.4 which was my LMP!? Then the heartbeat stopped. No bleeding had to have tablets.

Fili, my first one wasn't scanned until 11.5 weeks and was unrecognizable. Just lots of placental tissue, no baby. They were worried it was a molar (it wasn't, baby probably died a few weeks before).
Second died suddenly a few days after good 8 week scan.
Third wasn't well from the start. Hb but gestational sac was too small. Came out the same day.
Fourth never made it to first scan before I bled it out.
Fifth died a few days after successful 8 week scan (this one was tested and came back as genetically normal).

Fili, do yours grow slowly or are they just behind your LMP dates?

Thanks pip. Every time I go for a scan they are a week behind LMP dates. So for eg I went for a scan at 7.4 for mc's 2 and 3 and the crl measured 6.4 with beating heart. Mc 2 also had a too big yolk sac. Mc 3 (the 'normal' one) had a sac which was too small too. I'm wondering if this means they hadn't implanted properly. My hcg level has never been as high as with this pregnancy. :shrug:

Fili, from what I have read yolk sacs above a certain size are a strong indication of a genetic anomaly. As for the dates, maybe that fits in with the whole nkcell thing? Your body attacks, the baby struggles along kind of thing? Not the most scientific of theories, obviously...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->