PAL after Recurrent Losses - come join us!

My first loss was a mmc I'd never even heard of them till then x I had loads of symptoms right up to 11/4 after 3 healthy pregnancies I never for one min thought anything would go wrong X when symptoms went away I did have a feeling things weren't right but hoped it was because I was nearly 12wks x at 11/6 I had a tiny bit blood so rushed to epu where I got a scan n baby had stopped growing at 6wks i had 2 failed medical management's an eventually 3wks after finding out everything passed itself 2 days before I was due for op x so all in all it took 9wks to pass x I find the cruelest thing was the symptoms I was bring really really sick an looked about 4 months xx

Good luck with your scan tomorrow heart!

I was thinking angel delight was angel food cake and so hungry for it! I bought jello brand instant butterscotch pudding a few weeks ago but still haven't made it.
That pic with the avatars mixed up made me laugh! Was scared to pop out the progest suppos!

I still have enough energy to actully be up for a few hours, it's so nice . When I first wake up, it feels REALLY good to stretch, especially stretching my body back so it stretches my stomach. It freaks me out to do it but feels so good. Anyone else feel like that?

Fili- try and get a scan this week, I don't think you should have to wait 2 wks, that's just too long.

I have mixed feelings about a Doppler just because I hear of people with twins not hearing 2 heartbeats for just normal reasons but freaking out about it.
I think I may get one though i don't know. My scans are almost weekly throughout anyway

I have a scan on Thursday.

I totally agree with Hopeful Fili. There is no reason for you to wait that long for another scan. I would ask for an earlier one and if they still decline I would pay for a private one, if your finances permit.

Being a fellow NK cell patient all I can say is that in my research I have found most doctors prescribe the intralipid IVs every 4 weeks. You may want to discuss that option with your Dr.

Oh it just breaks my heart to read your stories ladies. So much heartache for such lovely ladies.*

Fili, my first loss was due to a large blood clot in my uterus that dislodged the baby and the placenta. The baby was growing perfectly. I opted for a d&c because the pain was so severe I just wanted it to end.*My second and third never looked right from the start. At the 6 week scan for my second pregnancy they suspected a molar. It definitely didn't look right. I never got a measurement because it was already doomed. They had to do a d&c to test the tissue and rule out a molar. At the 6 week scan for my third, it was a similar story. My uterine lining was wavy which indicated the start of a mc. Again I didn't get a measurement because I was already in the process of losing this one. I opted for a d&c for this one as I was about to go on vacation and didn't want to pass it on the plane. My forth was my ectopic. So I never was in the same situation as you. I hope you get some answers soon.*

Oh these cramps are really driving me crazy! They have been pretty much with me all day. No spotting or bleeding. No back pain. They are uncomfortable though. They are making me nervous. Glad I have a scan tomorrow but now I'm less excited about it. PAL is so damn hard!!!!!

Heart I think you'll miss the cramps if they stop, I think they're a good sign x x x

Fili you are always there with a supportive word. You amaze me! Shouldn't you be sleeping? It must be so late for you!

It's actually 6 am I'm waiting for the docs to open at 8.30. Can't sleep anyway as I was sleeping on and off yesterday so I think I got my 8 hours. Still have tiredness and sickness and bbs very mildly sore. With my other pregnancies the cramping/twinging/stabbing etc suddenly stopped, literally overnight never to be seen again and this was definitely because the baby had stopped growing, everything had stopped growing. And as you know this time I never felt a thing, absolutely nothing! I really believe in my case anyway that no 'Cramps' no matter how light etc = mc. So next time I want strong preg tests (I think the placenta was working well this time because of good implantation due to the steroids) and cramping on and off but never stopping permanently. I even wouldn't mind spotting as I never get that and it could be a different ok symptom! oh and a very bad cold! X x x

Mon my drip would have been every 4 weeks, I had it at 11dpo so this is near enough 4 then I was to be booked in for another at 8 and 12 but obviously will never make it that far x x x

Oh I haven't even gone to bed yet! It's only 10pm on Monday night. I hope you get scanned this morning. I imagine you must be feeling pretty nervous. I'll give you the cramps and a bad cold as symptoms next time but no spotting. Believe me that is one symptom that causes more fear than comfort! I'll be thinking about you in my dreams. Good luck sweet Fili. :hugs:

Pip, I have come across 2 stories about large yolk sacs. One lady on b and b actually had hers tested when the Yolk sac was large (early mc erpc) and the chromosomes were normal. Another lady I know of got to 20 weeks with a large yolk sac. She had a PAPP-A test and it was incredibly low in the region of 1 percentile, this meant that her placenta was failing - she also had cvs and that came back fine so no downs or chromo prob. So that pregnancy failed because of the placenta not implanting properly from the beginning. I would think that it could be caused by chromosome problems too ive read that too and docs have told me that it can be, but women with enlarged yolk sacs are actually given a 40 % chance of success so it can't all be chromosome probs??? As these are usually fatal aren't they? So all this lends weight to the nk cell theory and my placenta being utterly crap until this pregnancy with steroids when the placenta seems to be working brilliantly! I wish I'd had this placenta for pregnancy number 3! maybe that would have worked! Does that make sense? Please feel free to disagree it gets my brain cells working! Def think this pregnancy is chromosomal prob tho x x

Here's a link to the PAPP-A/large yolk sac poster I found https://www.babycenter.com/400_shou...arger-than-normal-yolk-sac-when_7416782_30.bc

And here's a link explaining how if papp a tests are low on a chromo normal baby it indicates placenta implantation problems from the beginning. https://www.theovalplanet.com/post....h-low-papp-a-during-testing-for-down-syndrome

Sorry for the ramble! Id really appreciate your opinion! I think fate has been cruel to me this time giving me the right treatment and a bad embryo! Maybe my pregnancies are early IUGR because of the bad placentas because of the attacking cells.

Fili..hoping you get some answers today hun..you don't deseve to wait all this out :hugs:

Heart...good luck with the scan :hugs:

Dopplers....I've always said I'd never have one but if I get a good scan at 7 and 9-10 weeks then stuff it I'm buying one!

MMC..first two pregnancies were and they are just so damn cruel. Especially with NY second one as I saw the HB at 7+2 :cry:

Blah...back to work today :sad2:

XxX

Thanks nsn sorry you're back to work :hugs:
So was your hb pregnancy behind LMP from the beginning or were you always measuring perfectly? So at 7.2 was your baby's size 7.2 in line with your LMP date? X x x

Well Doppler arrived!! I was upstairs trying it out just as I think I found it 146 bpm my step daughter comes upstairs so I turn it off quickly!! Now I can't find it again! I need some tips? Theres a heartbeat or something around by my ovaries what would that b? I no my ovaries don't have a hb!! Lol!! Good luck today fili am here waiting for ur update darling, what times ur appointment xx

Yay Davies sounds like u found baby, I know when I first found baby it was low down above pubic bone. But like you've had, it's sometimes hard to find again as they are so small.

So bored waiting at hospital for next blood tst and soooooo hungry

Oh Lou why does it take so long this blood test ur having? I'm going to have mine this afternoon bet it's mobbed this morning isn't it? I feel hungry sick if that makes sense!! X

Am i the only one who has no idea where my ovaries and pubic bone are? :blush:

God luck today heart x

Fili hope you managed to get an appointment x

Davies how amazing is that :thumbup:

Afm...ms started today :happydance: lol x

Gale force winds here hubby been out all morning trying to secure our 10ft trampoline think he's managed it this time now he's away round to his mums part of their roof has blown off an damaged their brand new car! Don't think insurance will cover it since it's an act of god! :nope:

How's everyone else today x

You have to fast and have blood taken, then drink this horrid drink then wait 2 hours for another test. Only 10 mins to go.

Mrskg- we have horrid winds too, good old winter hey! Good luck with trampoline

Puppycat- lol it's just above bikini line, I wasnt sure till someone told me

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"