PAL after Recurrent Losses - come join us!

Hi all! Haven't been on in a LONG time! My rainbow was born in 2013. But we've had a bit of a surprise and now I'm pregnant with Rainbow #2! We've had a scan already. It was EARLY (6 weeks 0 days) but there was already a heartbeat!! I'm so excited (and TERRIFIED!!). I feel like I didn't do all the magical baby juju you're supposed to do to make a sticky bean. And of course, I can't tell anyone but you ladies because we don't publicize until at least 12 weeks now. ACK.

Hi mighty mom! We're due very close it appears. So pleased you're expecting a second rainbow!

Dairy how are you? 14 weeks!!!!!! Amazing!

How is everyone else?

I had a scan Monday and all was well. Baby measured perfect and hr was 167❤ I felt happy for a day but the anxiety crept back in yesterday and today. I have days where I'm so sick I can't function. Then I feel ok a day or two and panic. I'm also panicking because my next appt in a week I'm supposed to start weaning off progesterone. My DH wanted to tell some close family on Saturday at family breakfast for my sisters bday....but I don't know if I can bring myself to do it. So much stress. I feel so tired. I want to quit worrying but how is it that is getting harder?

ttc-I'm doing so-so. Anxiety has been mostly managable but it got the best of me the last two days due to a m/c milestone and I went in today. Baby was fine and the hb was 154. I'm hoping this was the last of the anxiety spells though because I haven't had issues with pg beyond this point. :thumbup:

And I totally understand the 'I am so happy today/AHHHHHH!!!! ANXIETY!!!!' rollercoaster since I've been on it myself. Would staying on progesterone longer make you feel better? If so, then I'd ask your doctor if you could extend your prescript for another 3-4 weeks. I was on it til 12 weeks with DS, 13.5 weeks with DD, 14 weeks with LO, and I'm just now weaning off it now with bubs.

Hi ladies, nice to see this thread busy with more rainbows cooking!
I'm also back again. This is my second pregnancy since Ds3 but 14th overall. Unfortunately a natural one, which I've never had success past 12w with, but we will see! (3 rainbows are all clomid)

I'll go for a scan to keep the molar people happy first (had chemo for persistent mole in 2009) then see what the consultant says after that! Probably nothing like last time, as all my miscarriages have been pure bad luck........ :roll:

Hey dan-o. I just saw your hpt thread and was so happy to see you got a bfp! Congrats. FX this is a super sticky bean and you have no issues the rest of this pregnancy.

I'm cautiously dipping my toe in, I'm trying really hard to ignore the fact I'm pregnant again, though with back ache and cramps it's making me panic alot!

Glad to read positive updates & see more ladies joining! :dust: to you all!

How quiet it's been around here lately...

Anyhow, quick update on me. 20 weeks and had my anatomy scan yesterday. Baby was uncooperative when it came to getting a pic of the spine so I get another ultrasound in a few months but likely would have anyway as baby is firmly breech. I know, I know, I've got plenty of time for baby to turn and LO was breech at 20 weeks but turned head down later so I know it's very likely s/he will turn yet but baby has been breech or transverse on every scan so far and that's unlike my other pregnancies so we shall just have to see how stubborn this one is.

Anyway, all looks good, baby is doing great (aside from being breech and back/to/back right now :dohh:), and I'm feeling so much more confident. Roll on September!

Dairy the whole of bnb seems quiet :(

Congratulations on the 20w scan going well! Shame baby was naughty tho :haha: bless!

I've just had my NIPT and scan, baby looks fine so far, results next week and hopefully my 12w scan the week after <3

So happy for you both!!!!!

Dairy happy 21 weeks!

Dano happy 11 weeks! Almost done with first tri!!!!!

I am hanging in there too! Can't believe I'm having a baby!!!! Still a bit disconnected and feel like it's happening to someone else.

Thanks all. It's not been easy getting to this point (my anxiety was cripplingly terrible this time and only through my weekly appts with my therapist, have I kept myself somewhat sane...) but that anatomy scan just made it so REAL for me. I can't believe I'm having a baby. It just seems so surreal, like I've just woken up from a dream or something. But it's a good feeling and I'm loving it.

Dan-o: wow, 12 week scan already? 2nd tri is right around the corner.

ttc: I totally get what you mean when you say it feels like it's happening to someone else. I didn't really believe this baby was happening until my scan last week and seeing bubs on the monitor just made it all come into focus or something. It was very strange but now I am feeling movement on a regular basis, I'm not so worried, and I'm finding myself actually getting excited about this baby. Like all of a sudden that light switch clicked on and I finally let myself really BELIEVE that this child will actually make it.

How is everyone here? It's been crickets for a while but just wanted to pop in for a quick update.

Rodney Allen arrived at 38+1 and he was an itty bitty boy at 5lb 5oz and 19 inches long. We were transferred to the nearest NICU two days later as his blood sugar was pretty much 0 at birth and we couldn't get it to stabilize even with frequent feedings, a dextrose IV, and oral glucose gel. After 19 days in the NICU and lots of ups/downs along the way, he's coming home tomorrow. He'll be 3 weeks old and has gained over a pound already. :shock: He and I are both more than ready to be out of the hospital (I've been staying in a hotel near the hospital since the NICU doesn't have a space for parents to room in with their baby(ies) but I spend most of my day at the hospital with him so it feels like I've been living in one anyway.) So all is well despite the NICU stay and we're both doing well now.

But I will say that my little man made me the talk of the hospital...His delivery was the first doctor-unassisted delivery my nurse has had in her many years of nursing and the whole experience was terrible for me. Long story version is in my pg journal but the short version is my contractions weren't showing up on the monitors so the dr wouldn't admit me. I couldn't get pain meds until I was admitted so I endured 2 hours of the most unimaginable pain I've ever felt because the dr didn't believe me. :growlmad: My contractions got so strong at the end that my water ruptured violently enough to DRENCH the entire bottom half of the bed as well as me and baby boy literally shot out of me without a single push on my part. The dr wasn't even in the room! :shock: (He walked in 5 minutes later saying "So I hear I need to deliver a baby....*sees me holding my newborn* Ohhhh.....") Needless to say, every L&D nurse knew my name after that and I have instructions to call the OB floor when we are sent home from the NICU to update them all on how Rodney and I are doing. :rofl:

Is anyone else still around? I am tentatively back at 11 DPO with positive tests getting darker and pinker over the past few days :)

Dairy! Congratulations!!!!!! That’s amazing! I’m sorry about the doctor. Horrifying he didn’t believe you! I’m so sorry about the NICU stay as well. So glad he’s coming home! Super big hugs and congrats to you!

Squig! Congratulations! I’ll be watching for updates!

As for me, I’ve ended up with cholestasis of pregnancy! I don’t have an exact date yet but he’s coming out next week at the latest! Nervous but just praying all goes well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->