PAL after Recurrent Losses - come join us!

Just got my second beta yesterday, results are amazing! Progesterone is 18, and HCG is 11,569. I just passed into 5 weeks yesterday! Can't wait till my ultrasound on the 28th. I am still scared but really hopeful. Why is it that I can't stop googling?! I friggen stressed myself out by looking at if there is anything bad that can come from having high HCG....and of course there is. UGHHHH. the 28th couldn't get here any faster.

The thing is when you've had a loss, you've lost that innocent belief that a positive pregnancy test always leads to a healthy full term baby. When you've had multiple losses and there's no explanation for it, you've lost even more of that innocence and it's hard to trust that things will be okay when there are so many unknowns. For me, pregnancy will never be a happy time. I've had too much trouble and even my successful pregnancies have had their share of complications. I bleed even with my viable pregnancies, I have had pre-eclampsia symptoms at the end of a few pregnancies, and now I've had a birth resulting in a 3 week stay in the NICU for unstable blood sugar levels.

When you can't trust your body to do what it's supposed to do because it hasn't done what it's supposed to do, it's hard to trust that everything can and will be alright even if everything points in the right direction. We all understand what you are feeling because we've all been there. So know it's totally normal and perfectly fine to feel that way.

The ultrasound had gone wonderful, we saw the heartbeat. But now as of Friday, my symptoms are gone. Will this be my 3rd miscarriage??? I hate this journey.

Sorry it's so worrying ohhappyz. Will you be able to get another scan? I can only speak from my own experience where the disappearance of symptoms was always a bad sign - & I saw 3 early heartbeats. I hope that's not the case for you. :hugs:

Hey can I join you guys? I’m currently anywhere between 5.5-8 weeks (lmp not accurate, exact ovulation date unclear but measuring behind in early ultrasound). This is my 4th pregnancy - no children and never made it past 7 weeks before. The signs in this one aren’t looking good so I’m not coping well. I’ve got a thread in the pregnancy tests area documenting every meltdown so far!

Oh happy I don’t want to get your hopes up as I know that can just make it harder but my symptoms have been coming and going - apparently that can be completely normal as our body adjusts to the hormones (according to dr Google!!). Also I’m not sure how long you are but around 10 weeks they disappear as the placenta takes over baby care. The last who has scanned me said that once you see a heartbeat your % chance of having the baby is 95%. Squig I’m so sorry that wasn’t the case for you. Did they find out what caused the losses in your case? I haven’t had investigations into my previous losses so I’m terrified it’ll happen again.

Any reason why you haven't had investigations, red head? I'm in the UK so I was investigated for everything after my third loss & some treatments tried. Nothing worked but I had a procedure/test between my 5th & 6th pregnancies that I believe helped to get my 6th pregnancy off the ground. However, there was still an underlying problem of blood clotting which could only be identified when I lost my son so late on. So I was on bloodthinners (clexane & aspirin) for my daughter's pregnancy. I'm now 17+4 with the same treatment protocol & all seems to be going well. Sorry to hear that things are all over the place for you; it's very hard. When will you get another scan?

My first loss was 4 years ago and I had pcos at the time which they said was the cause - we then didn’t get pregnant again for three years and at that time they found I no longer had pcos, so they ‘restarted’ the clock according to my consultant - which really annoyed me, especially now it looks like it’ll happen again as I feel thy could have maybe done something to help. I’m taking baby aspirin this time though so maybe that might help.
I’ve got another scan Monday. If they don’t see a heartbeat we know it’s not going anywhere. I’ve never had to medically manage a loss before they’ve always just happened naturally - I’m worried this time will be different though as so many signs are pointing to bad things but it doesn’t seem to be making any difference. But then I also don’t want this to drag out any longer than it has to.

As we from measuring behind with dates, are you having symptoms? How far along was baby measuring?

Very frustrating & unfair about restarting the clock - especially s you no longer have PCOS & yet have had 2 further losses, so how can they be sure the PCOS was the problem? Sorry to hear you're in limbo til Monday. I hope it's a good outcome, it could still be as I've seen on here a few pregnancies that didn't look like they were getting off the ground turn into healthy babies. Unfortunately I don't have a crystal ball, but am hoping for the best for you. Keep us posted.

Well, I freaked out over nothing. Got my bloods done and my HCG is at 216,000. Which at 8 weeks is amazing. Still waiting to hear back about the progesterone. But I'm back to feeling good and hopeful.

Hey red, I'm a redhead too! I love being a ginger lol. We are the spice of life.

Sorry about your losses, that's so tough. I'm glad you were able to miscarry naturally, as I'm sure the pain of meds or surgery would have been the worst. I also naturally miscarried. Have you considered going to a different dr? This one seems to have his head up his ass. Where are you located? Because in the US I have to push with all my might to get anything done. A year ago I knew something was wrong, and I guessed that I had endo, but not until August did I have a giant ovarian cyst that had to be removed, they went in and duh, they found I had endo. It's just bs that we have to be our own advocates. The healthcare system is more about money than helping people and that's just so sad. Just push them. Or switch doctors until you find one that actually cares about you. Personal referrals is a great way to find a good dr. Hope your scan goes well. I'll be thinking about you.

Thank you Squig :) the dates are really confusing - I’m somewhere between almost 6 weeks according to scans (and impossible due to timing of bd/or etc) and 8 and a bit weeks (although it’s actually somewhere in the middle as I’m sure I ov’ed late). It’s a long story!

Oh happy - that’s an amazing number!! Are you sure there is only one in there?! Congratulations :) my real doctor is okay, but the last couple times I’ve seen his registrar rather than him, and she does seem a little less good!! I’m in the UK so we don’t really get a lot of say over who we see, but we don’t have to pay either so it’s a compromise! I guess all I can do is see what happens. Hope your progesterone comes back good :)

OMG progesterone came back at 66 LOL. Way higher than it should be......and twins do run in my family. We have 5 sets in 4 generations on the female side of my family. But when they did my ultrasound at 6 weeks they only found one. Who knows. I will be happy either way! I am on a progesterone suppository so that could be why too. Maybe my body finally decided to start producing it's own.

What a great number! For what it’s worth mine was 140+ on suppositories and it was only one babe.

That’s really good :) mine was in the 50s a couple weeks ago - I don’t know whether it keeps going up? Are they supposed to test regularly during pregnancy so you know? I don’t think I could cope with twins first! It would be lovely though. When I was on clomid I kept secretly hoping! When is your next scan?
I’ve got a load of questions I hope you don’t mind me asking them here! I’m in the UK - I read that you’re supposed to see our midwife before week 10 - I haven’t heard from mine at all yet - when do they normally get in touch to book an appointment?
Also, I think the main thing I’m worrying about is because so much of the symptoms or lack of symptoms I’m experiencing is the same as when I miscarried. But obviously I was pregnant before I miscarried - I don’t know whether what I’m feeling is warning signs or are completely norma, and were normal last time(s) until I lost the baby. Everything I’ve heard or read basically says oh that’s normal, and then the next thing about the same symptom says it could be miscarriage! I’m going out my mind! I’m just really twingy especially in my hips/ovaries but that could just be where things are adjusting? I’m having very few symptoms at all - the ones I do have come and go which is freaking me out. The main constant thing I have is very mild pain (not cramping though - more like an aching either side) and lots of discharge. Which everything says could be normal or could be awful.
Does anyone else feel the same as when they lost? I just don’t know if this is supposed to feel the same, or whether it’s a bad sign. I guess I don’t know whether before they were warning signs or not.

Honestly hun, symptoms really do come and go. It's annoying as hell, but they do. My nausea went away completely before 8 weeks, and now I'm nearly 9 weeks and just heard the heartbeat on Doppler. My only real symptom is being tired, which could be exaggerated by the progesterone too. I say just chill and enjoy every day of this pregnancy.

Did you call your midwife to request an appointment? I don't know how it is in the UK, but I've already had 2 and I'm only 8 weeks. But I was pushy, and was sure to tell them I've had losses and I need to be seen. You kind of have to be that way with our medical system though.

You should probably chase the midwife up red. It's different Where I live to other parts of the UK & you see the midwife & have your scan together. But I know from what I've heard from others that they can be slow.
Great news on your numbers ohhappy:)

My first loss was 4 years ago and I had pcos at the time which they said was the cause - we then didn’t get pregnant again for three years and at that time they found I no longer had pcos, so they ‘restarted’ the clock according to my consultant - which really annoyed me, especially now it looks like it’ll happen again as I feel thy could have maybe done something to help. I’m taking baby aspirin this time though so maybe that might help.
I’ve got another scan Monday. If they don’t see a heartbeat we know it’s not going anywhere. I’ve never had to medically manage a loss before they’ve always just happened naturally - I’m worried this time will be different though as so many signs are pointing to bad things but it doesn’t seem to be making any difference. But then I also don’t want this to drag out any longer than it has to.

Omg Squig! Its been ages. Hope you remember me!!! :hugs:

Hey! I pop in here from time to time. We got pregnant in November and on Christmas found out the heart had stopped two weeks before. I didn't physically lose it til New Years. It was my 9th loss.

Well on 3July found out I'm pregnant again. Had a US at the ER Tuesday the 10th, only saw a gestational sac and my HCG was 1172. Got another quant on Thursday and HCG was 2828. First official scan is on the 17th.

I do remember you Sunshine 😀 how are you?

Hope this pregnancy is finally successful for you DSemcho, sorry to hear about your further losses.

How are you, OhappyZ?

I haven't been on in a while (maybe three or four years?), but I remember Squig, Sunshine, and Dsemcho from my days in the RPL thread. Glad to see you three are doing well and have all had sweet babies!

Anyone currently pregnant in this section? It seems to be so quiet, but really the whole forum is quiet compared to several years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"