PAL after Recurrent Losses - come join us!

Jules, that's great news! I hope it's reassuring but like Squig know that we never stop worrying.

I have a viability scan on Friday now. Not feeling that many symptoms and not sure what the outcome will be. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Blue - I will be looking for your update. I'm glad you don't have to wait too long.

AFM, I moved my appointment out another week. I want to be sure I'm at least 10 weeks when I get the genetic testing done. I would have been 10w3d at original appointment, but my cycles are longer and usually changes my due date. So December 4th is my new appointment.

I’m so glad to hear you’re both doing well!

I am so torn on what to do. I’m temping and charting and my cycle this past month went from 24-25 days the past few months to a full 28! I was happy about it but it also got my hopes (and fears) up. I almost called to ask for the clomid script this cycle but now it’s CD4 and too late. Another month of waiting won’t hurt.

Great news Blue! I know it's early days, but still, you need this bit before you can get to the next bit. What's your care plan?

ttc, good luck for next month.

Squig, I'm just on progesterone with extra scans, they said they don't think it works (I think it was from results of the Promise trial?) but I asked as my symptoms faded.

TTC - I hope to hear good news from you soon. Enjoy food while you can!

Blue, I understood that the results of the PROMISE trial showed that progesterone didn't stop a pregnancy from miscarrying that was more or less already on its way, but I think that supplementing progesterone to prevent it from dropping & causing a m/c as a result, might help, if you can see the difference? Anyway, still hoping for the very best for you!

Thanks, Squig. I think it could help me, as 3 of the losses occurred the day after a scan and scans were very stressful after the first loss as it was an mmc (there's an idea called "pregnenolone steal" where the creation of the stress hormone cortisol also uses the precursor of progesterone - pregnenolone, and your progesterone level drops). At least I feel like I'm doing something x

I had some miscarriages with progesterone suppositories, but I still felt better having them this time up until 10 weeks. I will never know whether they made a difference or not, but don't knock the placebo effect anyway!

I always take them until 13 weeks. Is 10 weeks the time to stop?

I always take them until 13 weeks. Is 10 weeks the time to stop?

I was really nervous stopping at 10 weeks because of reading about people taking them up to 14 or 15, but both my reproductive endocrinologist and ob/gyn were of the belief that if they do any good it's only needed up until about 8 weeks.

They admitted that it wouldn't really hurt anything if I wanted to take them longer but I was discouraged from doing so (also they were causing me to be rather constipated, sorry TMI!)

I'm 10w 4d and I think it makes me more nauseous and sick. :sick::nope: I have been counting the days until I can quit taking it. I heard the placenta takes over at 13 weeks and that is why they say to take it until then. I have an appointment on Tuesday and will ask about it. I hope she says I can quit. I wish I knew that many pregnancies ago! I hate the first tri so so much. Worst part of pregnancy, and the one I've repeated the most. I hate that progesterone makes it worse! :sad2:

I'm 10w 4d and I think it makes me more nauseous and sick. :sick::nope: I have been counting the days until I can quit taking it. I heard the placenta takes over at 13 weeks and that is why they say to take it until then. I have an appointment on Tuesday and will ask about it. I hope she says I can quit. I wish I knew that many pregnancies ago! I hate the first tri so so much. Worst part of pregnancy, and the one I've repeated the most. I hate that progesterone makes it worse! :sad2:

It's so frustrating hearing different things from different doctors! My RE said the placenta takes over at 7 weeks, and 10 weeks to stop was quite conservative. But then there are anecdotal stories on the internet about people stopping them before 12 weeks and having miscarriages that week, etc. I wanted to trust my doctors, but as you know, the thought of having yet another miscarriage is just the worst, and we will do anything including being uncomfortable to avoid that.

That's interesting Blue, I hadn't heard that before.
Jules, I was supposed to take progesterone for first tri. I did with my first but stopped about 11 weeks with my second as I was taking them as suppositories & got totally fed up. That said, progesterone wasn't technically part of my prescribed protocol, I'd had it in previous pregnancies & didn't want to stop so they let me take it - I don't think my issue included progeserprog, only blood clotting, but took it to be on the safe side!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->