PAL after Recurrent Losses - come join us!

After recurrent miscarriage, it is always such a relief to have genetic testing come back okay. I felt so relieved, too.

Aww congratulations I didn’t realize you’re having your fourth daughter! How exciting!!!!!

It is so lopsided - I don't understand it! I don't know how my son was ever born. :laugh2: I have friends that have five boys or four boys and a girl (a couple of those!). How do some people have most or all of one gender? I'm glad I love little pink bundles! My DH would have loved another boy, but you get what you get and we are both so happy she is healthy! It is so odd, though. Like wouldn't 50/50 odds play out a little more? :shrug:

Marple, she's adorable! How are you?

TTC - congratulations on your fourth boy and 23 weeks!

Jules - congratulations on your fourth girl!

I've got another hospital appointment as they found antibodies after a blood test at the same time as the anti-d injection, they are hoping it's a lab error.

Can i join? 6w1d preggo with #4. Lost DD1s twin at 17wk and had a loss in 2009, babys HB stopped at 6w3d.

Jules, it means that any subsequent babies could be at risk of rhesus disease, where my blood would attack a baby with positive blood as it would produce antibodies against positive blood. The midwife thought it was a lab error and something else caused it. I'm not planning any more babies after this. I'm not sure if there are any more implications, the midwife didn't elaborate on the phone, she's going to explain more at my appointment and when she gets the test results.

Blue - that is one of those conditions I am clueless about. When is your hospital appointment?

Doctor checked at my last appointment and I'm at a 1 and high, which was a little discouraging. If baby hasn't come on her own, they plan to induce me on the 18th. They ran another cholestasis test and it came back normal, so no worries there. I'm doing what I can to go on my own naturally, but it looks like I'm headed for another induction. It would be nice to have a baby on it's own just once, but as long as they get here safely, I am thankful.

Glad the cholestasis test was normal, hopefully they won't have to induce you, when is your actual due date?

My hospital appointment is next week.

I'm due the 22nd. She won't let me go that long due to age and past history.

Jules, so close, how exciting! For some reason, I thought you were having a section, but now I realise you're not, it's no wonder you're so concerned about baby's size!

Blue, glad all is well, not too long for you either. I don't believe there is any impact for the baby you're gestating with that blood thing, I think that's what my mum got from me & I was fine, but because the medical cocked up testing afterwards & tested the wrong one of us, they had the wrong results which caused problems for my subsequent sister. However, it will be good to hear from the midwife.

Welcome to the other new ladies! Any more updates, red_head? RM is very difficult & I also lost a son at 5 months before my daughters were born.

MissMarple, Margot is adorable. I can't believe she's over 4 months already!

Congratulations on :blue: ttc.

Yes - that is why I'm worried about a large baby. I've always needed stitches from either an episiotomy or a tear and my babies were all between 5lb 14oz and 7lb 12oz, so not exactly huge in size. Can't imagine what a big baby could do. :help:

Jules, hope she isn't too big! Not long to go now

Thanks Squig, hope you are ok! I have appointment this week. Had a fall the other day and had to have anti-d as a precaution in case it was a lab error. I was monitored and the baby was ok

Had a scan Friday and the scanner said it all looked perfect, heartbeat and right size for my dates, but I’m really worried - baby measuring 2.3mm and I’m 6+2. Some things I’ve read say that’s right and after 6 weeks you grow 1mm per day, so 6+2 is bang on, but then most things say that’s way to small and more like 5 weeks? I have no idea but I’m a wreck now. That’s just the embryo size not the sac etc. I don’t know. I’m so glad there was a heartbeat but I know that’s not enough from experience. I’m just really struggling. We’ve got another scan in 2 weeks (which again makes me worried as if it was all perfect why invite us back so soon?). I’m second guessing everything it’s ridiculous!
It also makes me really sad as I’m in another group for Jan babies, and people as far along as me are all buying everything and so excited. It just makes me sad to have lost that innocence you know? I wish I could be that hopeful. Even with my last pregnancy I’d only got a few bits and I was five months when we lost him. It’s all upstairs boxed up and it breaks my heart.
Sorry to vent. I just feel so alone, like no one understands and I don’t know how I can get through this. I honestly don’t think I can cope with losing another baby. I feel like if I survive, there would be no chance I would ever want to be pregnant again, and that pressure on this pregnancy makes it even harder.
Sorry to be such a downer. I have asked for a mental health referral, but the waiting times are so long and I don’t know where else to turn xx

The sac is bigger than the baby. When I lost my baby in 2009, I gave birth at home. The baby was 6w3d but the sac was much bigger.

If the scanner and doctor are ok with the small difference in days, I wouldnt worry.

I'm nervous for my scan. I have no idea what I'll get on Wednesday. Will the baby be 7w2d? Will the baby be gone? I have no idea. Losing a baby stinks and robs you of joy in these circumstances

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->