PAL after Recurrent Losses - come join us!

Hopeful the pictures are just so precious! They look like little babies!! It is just a miracle that the scans we were sharing only a few weeks ago were just unrecognizable blobs and now they are perfect little babies, with faces and arms and legs. Congrats!!!!

Now I am even more excited for my scan! I am measuring a little smaller than you though so I hope it won;t make too much of a difference in what they look like.

DH and I have been struggling with baby names, everything I like he doesn't.

We're watching his TV crap and they said a name that I picked up on Dewi Emrys, very welsh I know. Dewi is the welsh for David so that's a no for me because it's so common but I really like Emrys (pronounced Em-riss) - sounds lush. Hmmmm

Amazing pics Hopeful. Thanks for sharing. I'll be 12+3 for my NT scan so hoping to see a similar looking baby with results like yours.

Thanks for the update Fili. I was on Never's TTC journal, but not her pregnancy journal. I didn't even know she had a scan today.

Croy are you getting bloods done before your NT scan on Thursday? Sorry for the headaches. I hear they are pretty normal though, but no fun at all. I remember after my first loss having horrible headaches and I rarely get them. I found out it was due to all the hormones.

Never ask a man too do anything asked hubby to cook cause I'm feeling drained yet here I am cooking dinner while he sits on fecking twitter

Hopeful - I love the pics of the babies :oneofeach: they look like babies now im so so pleased for you sweetie i bet your on cloud 9!! x

Awe Hopeful, those pictures are adorable! Congrats!

So are you planning on any big announcements? Or have you told everyone yet?

My results came back and my hcg dropped to 7 so they said I am no longer pregnant... I am a wreck.

Amazing pics Hopeful. Thanks for sharing. I'll be 12+3 for my NT scan so hoping to see a similar looking baby with results like yours.

Thanks for the update Fili. I was on Never's TTC journal, but not her pregnancy journal. I didn't even know she had a scan today.

Croy are you getting bloods done before your NT scan on Thursday? Sorry for the headaches. I hear they are pretty normal though, but no fun at all. I remember after my first loss having horrible headaches and I rarely get them. I found out it was due to all the hormones.

Yes, I am having bloods done Thursday too. I am not looking forward to the full bladder I have to have for the scan. I love that the nurse told me like it was no big deal to drink 32oz of water 45 mins before the appointment time and hold it. Sure lady, that won't be impossible at all?! Plus, they never run to time, so I know I will have to wait way longer. I am going to wait to start the bladder filling until close to the time. Surely with all this technology they must be able to find a less uncomfortable way to scan us preggos!

Kay, I'm really so sorry to hear that.

Have you had testing done? Do your doctors have any suggestions for you next pregnancy?

Take good care of yourself. Big hugs to you.

:rofl: :rofl: croy you know what our Nhs is like, WHAT do all the ladies do when they have to wait 20 hours in the waiting room for a scan on a full bladder!!!!!???? Mine are always internal...

Yes, I am having bloods done Thursday too. I am not looking forward to the full bladder I have to have for the scan. I love that the nurse told me like it was no big deal to drink 32oz of water 45 mins before the appointment time and hold it. Sure lady, that won't be impossible at all?! Plus, they never run to time, so I know I will have to wait way longer. I am going to wait to start the bladder filling until close to the time. Surely with all this technology they must be able to find a less uncomfortable way to scan us preggos!

Aww I'm sorry Kay, it does seem like awful awful bad luck because you already have a child but I think you should run some basic tests just in case :hugs: to you x x

Kayla I'm so sorry to hear your news. I agree with the other ladies. You need tests done if you haven't had them done already. There may be some answers that can help you maintain a pregnancy.

Croy, my clinic told me I didn't have to start drinking water until I got to my appointment 15 minutes ahead of time. They said that they don't need that much water, just some in my bladder. I've done the full bladder scans before and they hurt!

Hopeful did you have a full bladder? How long did the actual scan take?

Oh Kayla :hugs: I am so so sorry!
Please look after yourself but as harsh as it sounds do try to take the opportunity to pester your docs for help.
Wishing you all the best :hug:

Hopeful, lovely scan pictures :cloud9:
It's incredible how quickly they grow from dots to little humans...

As for peeing and bladder prep, I swear, this is the most comfortable way to do it:
Make sure you are very very well hydrated for a few hours before your scan. This gets your kidneys into gear and your bladder will be able to fill up within 20 mins. An hour before the scan, have another drink. Go to the toilet as often as you want with your last wee being 20 mins before scan time. Keep a bottle with you to sip on while you wait (though this is not strictly necessary). Even if your scan is bang on time you'll have a full bladder. If there is a wait, try to find out how long and if it is longer than 30 mins have another wee :winkwink:

PS: They scan you with less than that, as heart said. It's only if you specifically want to make an effort without going through the suffering.

Great advice Pip. I'm going to print it and bring it with me on scan day!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->