PAL after Recurrent Losses - come join us!

What is everyone having for dinner? We're having chicken stuffed with phili with garlic and herb and wrapped in Parma ham, baby potatoes, carrots and peas. Mmm!! For desert I'm having a fruit salad. Kiwi, melon, pineapple, grapes and satsumas. Yummy!!

OK managed to listen, that u/s tech sounded really vague! Did she really say 'it looked empty but then i zoomed in???' lol

Glad you got a good pic though, I don't know if you're allowed to video your scan here, I'll ask on Weds :)

Em on the complete other end of the health spectrum I'm having chip shop chips in bread and butter - lol. Although in my defence I did have savoury rice with peas, green beans and sweetcorn at lunch.

When DH is in charge it usually equates to some sort of take away. Can't imagine ever doing what you're having, wouldn't know where to start tbh! lol

Yea but you can afford chippy pups! You skinny minny!!!

OK managed to listen, that u/s tech sounded really vague! Did she really say 'it looked empty but then i zoomed in???' lol

Glad you got a good pic though, I don't know if you're allowed to video your scan here, I'll ask on Weds :)

yeah, LOL. DH asked me the same thing when I had him watch it. I asked her if it looked empty (not sure what it's called but it looks like a big sac, amniotic? :shrug: And she zoomed out for me and said that it did look empty until she zoomed in, she said it's cause the baby was small. She didn't verbally confirm in that video that there was two, she just said it looks like there are two & then some man came in and took over and confirmed that there were two and individually let us listen to each HB. I think they were about 111bpm, which I think was okay for how far along I am? I've got that video too, but can't figure out how to get it from the disk to my computer!

Florida 111 is great, especially for two! You are on your way. Hopeful can be your mentor.

Speaking of, where is that girl?

Embo, It's only 10:30am here! I just finished breakfast! LOL. I'm usually ok with nausea until the end of the day. Dinner is hard for me. I never want to eat anything!

Looking good, Florida! All I could understand the sonographer mention was that it's very early for a transabdominal scan. Is that what this was?

Embo, never mind that you couldn't get the doppler to work. I was quite brutal with mine and still consider myself lucky to have hit just the right spot and angle to find ducky. :hugs:
It's nice that your mum is coming to your scan although I understand your concerns. I was quite pessimistic and even a bit morbid in preparing my mum when she came to mine in first tri. I explained exactly what I hoped to see and that a lack of certain elements/ the right shape/ the heartbeat would mean it is all over and that was a huge possibility given my history. My poor mum, she took it very well! We have to remember that our mums have so much more experience than we do with life and sorrow. This is something they can handle.
I will keep everything crossed for you fxfxfxfx

Just munched my way through a plate of radishes with salt. Want more!

Yes, it was transabdominal petitpas. The U/S tech had a pretty strong spanish accent, lol

That reminds me Pip, I heard the same thing about the transabdominal. Florida, if you didn't have a transvaginal, it would make it even harder to see those little ones. Amazing that they saw as much as they did.

Embo, I tried my doppler today and couldn't find the hb. I've found the preferred spot for the baby and kept prodding around there. Finally I could hear it very distantly. If I had never heard it more loudly, I wouldn't have even noticed it. But now I know what I'm listening for and where to find it. It didn't get picked up by the doppler numbers, but I could faintly hear it way, way down inside, barely audible. It wouldn't have picked up on a recording if I tried. So that's also something to keep in mind.

Croy, I see you lurking! How are you??

NT scan went AWESOME! so happy!!!!!!

baby A: NT 1.1 mm, heartrate 149, measuring 12+2
baby B: NT 1.0 mm, heartrate 146 measuring 12+1

will get bloodwork back in a few days but because it's 2 they just average it and it isn't as accurate as if it were 1. I'm not worried about it at all.

couldn't sleep last night, up from 3-5am. had a dream that adrienne's husband (the plastic surgeon) from real housewives of bev hills was going to do my scan, than I woke up!

hope everyone is doing well, I took 1/2 day from work this morning and am there now.
will post pics later. it's amazing how much they look like babies now.
DH was there, got to see his first scan, he was amazed too. one baby was jumping around then the other woke up and was moving around too.

it was my first belly scan! which is funny as I took my shoes off to get weighed, then left them off and about started taking my pants off and she said i could sit on the table.

no more internal scans now.
the first 1/2 hour or so we met with a genetic counselor who just explained what they test for, asked about our family members history and talked about other tests we could do, etc. then the scan, then the blood draw. whole thing (with some waiting) took about 1.5 hours.

That's such wonderful news Hopeful. I'm so pleased for you. I can't wait to see the pictures!

Yay Hopeful!!! Can't wait for pics!

Congrats Florida on your twinsies!

One set is Baby A and the other is Baby B
check out the legs on Baby A! ;) And you can see Baby B's spine.

Haven't really had a chance to be on here much this weekend, and it took forever to catch up!! Lots of fun news, new ladies joining and BEAUTIFUL scans!

I am very glad that today is a holiday from school because I only slept for a few hours last night and had a splitting headache from about 4am. It was feeling slightly better but it's coming back now I think. I have tried to be good with staying hydrated, but my doctor said that this is just the time in pregnancy when headaches can strike even if you have never had them really before. I guess sadly that I fit into that category. I know I can't really complain but I am in bed feeling rough and feeling sorry for myself, I promise to end this pity party soon!!

I just could not get comfortable last night, and kept having tog et up to pee, 5 times between 11 and 5am?!! Seriously! Then I was having vivid dreams - no Real Housewives in mine - but still the kind of dreams that you wonder if you are actually sleeping or just day dreaming!

I can't wait for Thursday and my scan, just so much easier to feel good about feeling so bad when I see the growing little bean. I am looking forward to having a bump so other people will know why I am feeling so yucky. Still have a nice bloat by the end of the day but first thing there is not much to speak of!

Yay hopeful where's pic??? So pleased for u!! Hope ur the start of things to come xx

Great news Hopeful I'll be back later for a peek at pics :)
Hiya to you all and welcome to the new names Ive spotted... I havent read through all the posts Ive missed I dont think so excuse me if Ive missed something!
Ive been feeling a little poorly with my kidneys lately so havent been around that much but I have been brave enough to try and listen to babys heartbeat at home and found it quite quickly so I think I may have the bug and will be at it nightly lol xx

edited to add... wow I see the pics went up whilst I was posting!!
They are fantastic :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"