PAL after Recurrent Losses - come join us!

Thanks Fili and heart. The Doppler is away and Im not going to try again. I think you're right heart. Til after the scan.
Thanks for the support. I don't know what I'd do without you guys xx

One thing I've learned on this journey is that just because I worry about something, doesn't actually make it true. Our worry doesn't serve us in any way but to make us crazy. It has no bearing on the reality of the situation. I have to remind myself of that when my worry gets the better of me. It's not always easy, but it helps.

True that sometimes we worry about something and then it comes to fruition. But that was going to be the reality regardless. The worrying part played no role except to be a nuisance.

It's a good way of thinking. At my 8 week and 9 week scans I just "knew" something was wrong. I was so happy and shocked to be proved completely wrong!

Exactly! I had the same kind of thoughts but was also wrong! I don't mind being wrong in a situation like this!

Ooooh Em I didn't realise you had a scan this week - and if I did then I've forgotten! lol.

Exciting :D

That's true, I was really confident last time! Really confident because of the treatment and the no cramping and the storng preg tests. When the scan got started i saw the sac straight away (the viewing screen was small and high up in the corner so didn't have a great view). I was so happy i just knew that there was going to be a baby measuring on track etc etc. I was soooooo shocked!!! It didn't really sink in till 5 mins later! I was in denial.

I have my first midwife appointment Thursday too! Big week for embo!!

Yeah and its going to be a great week for you embo you'll see! X x

Oh Fili I know that feeling all too well. With my first angel I went for a private scan at 8 weeks. Even though I had some spotting I really was expecting to see an 8 week foetus. I can't describe that sinking, gut wrenching pain when I realised there wasn't.

I have my scan, MW appt and bloods all on Wednesday. Scan's at 1.15pm but with the appts after it's going to be good few hours before I am on to update :)

Hope I can get adequate fluid into my body so there's a vein for them! lol

Ooo exciting pups :)

Heart you can put my appts on the front page if you like.

Way ahead of you Em. I already added it. I figured if you didn't want us to know you wouldn't have told us.

Lots and lots of scans this week. I think I'm the only one without a scan this week. Good luck to everyone!

It's past 11 for Hopeful. Can't wait for her update!

Hi girls I though I'd update you on the bleeding.
went to midwife appt, they date me at 5 weeks 6 days.( Though
I ovulated on cd 20 I reckon I'm 5 weeks exactly.)
In view of my history and slightly heavier bleeding over the weekend she wanted me to go for a scan. she found a gestational sac with "development" inside.,but it was low down near the cervix,. on asking was it possible that if it was low down could it be about to be expelled and she said it was possible. She did hcg bloods, and will repeat them on thursday, so instead of being scanned on friday now I've to go in on Monday, when I'll be somewhere between 6- 6 weeks 6 days.
a small bit of cramping earler today, but it could be attributed to stretching.
so yet another 7 days of waiting....
fedup.com

:hi: ladies, hope everyone is well!

mandy, I hope all turns out okay hun and that you get good news in a few days :hugs:

I've got my first prenatal appointment Wednesday at 1pm EST. I've changed doctor's again and this doctor is about an hour away, but seems worth the drive. They will probably want to do a scan once I tell them that there are two :baby: in there.. We'll see :shrug:

Feeling so so sick, I think I might ask for Zofran. Has anyone else used it? When I mentioned it to my grandma, she said that some anti-nausea meds are connected to birth defects? If it's true I won't take it, but it would be nice to have some relief :sick:

Florida I should think that carrying 2 babies means you're going to get a fair chunk of sickness/nausea. This is why I think maybe I have two - I can't get it out of my head, if it's one I'll be more shocked, lol.

Your Gran's right, Thalidamide (sp?) was an anti sickness med which scared the pants off me when I found out, however, there are quite a few 'pregnancy safe' meds that are out now and have had testing.

Mandy I'm glad they found something so early but I'm sorry you didn't get better news. It isn't the worst news either though. Limbo is the worst place to be. Can you take time off work and relax until next Monday? It seems to me that you have to take it really easy right now. I'll be saying lots of prayers to the universe for you. Xoxo

puppy, I couldn't get two out of my head either.. That was the whole point of the early scan, that and to see a HB. I shouldn't have been so shocked, but I was. When I told DH, he wasn't surprised and acted like he already knew because I joked so much about there being 2 in there! I just never thought it would actually happen :wacko:

Here's a video my mom took of the TV that she got to watch. You can hear me around the 2 minute mark, that's when I realize there was more than one (the U/S tech hadn't said anything up until that point).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ahc7cFS0gw&sns=fb

Florida, I agree with Puppy, thalidomide was a horrible drug during your gran's time but they don't prescribe it anymore. There was also a drug in the early 70's that caused uterine problems for the female babies as they got to their child bearing years. I know this because I was born in 74 and had to ask my mother if she tool it. I think it was called DES. They don't prescribe that either. You've been really sick. Do your research first, but definitely consider taking something. There are lots of safe drugs now.

Florida I have a noisy toddler, a husband who insists on exercising his voice box and his annoying TV habit in the background, I will have to try again later, volume on full I can't hear it. Gah I hate noise! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->