PAL after Recurrent Losses - come join us!

Davies - What a beautiful picture so happy for you.

Mandy - I'm so sorry hun hopefully you get some answers.

Fili- I'm glad they are looking into things and your getting some answers.

Good luck with the rest of the scans for today.

Fili, I saw a haematology professor in London last year who said that the latest research is looking into how some people display all the symptoms of APS but still test negative. I've always tested negative and keep getting sent for the same test again and again. It makes no difference as I have to he on heparin during pregnancy anyway :dohh:

So yeah, it might not be the most correct way of doing it but I would go for everything: heparin, aspirin, progesterone and steroids. That way, if (hopefully not) anything went wrong again you'd know you tried everything and wouldn't be left wondering if the one thing you left out might have helped.

Just go home from a long day at work. Exhausted. Was hoping for more scan pics! Davies I'm dying to see your 4D pics!

Croy, hope all is well. I hope you are staying safe and warm. Update when you can.

Hi to everyone else! I'm feeling really positive for Fili's new info. This is the magic key to your forever baby. I can just feel it.

Davies that is definitely a girl. The nub theory was right on for me! Yours is certainly parallel.

Heart, I agree that this is the answer to Fili's problems. I remember when the nurse called me with my NK cell results. I was SO happy that they had found the problem. I cried quite a bit, from relief. I just knew in my heart that was it, the answer I had been looking for. All the pushing I did for testing had been worth it. I was pregnant less than 1 month later after getting my first IV.

Mon do u think?? What's the fork bit at the end?
Heart the alien is the 4d pic!!! I will take better pics in daylight tom but u can see eyes nose mouth if u look, very alien like I have another one with lumpy head lol!! I out a pic in ingender web an they all said girl to!! I will b ecstatic!! Everyone at home we showed said boy so far!! Only websites said girls!! But then we no more!! Haha x

Hey ladies! Oh my goodness what an afternoon. Good news, scan looked great but it took some work.

First we walk to the hospital, me with full bladder, in the snow and ice and still snowing. We get seen pretty quick which is great but when she looks the baby is sitting up, which she tells us is exactly the wrong position to get the measurements she needs. So I lay on one side, and then the other, I cough. She makes me walk laps around the hospital finally when that doesn't work to move baby she has me pee (totally happy about that by this point) She tries 2 different wands neither help really. Baby is getting mad, putting hands in front of face and batting at the place where she is poking! At one point, it looks like baby's running and I can't hold it any longer, and burst into laughter at which point my belly is jumping all over. And then I couldn't pull it together for 5 minutes. Sonographer was so sweet and very patient but I felt bad!
She got another doctor to come and try, but he couldn't get it either so after we had been watching our baby for an HOUR! they told us to come back in an hour - me with a full bladder again!

Now, I never mind watching our little one and had had a blissful time watching him/her wiggle around but still...

We don't want to walk home and back again because its still snowing so we hunker down at the coffee kiosk, hubby who didn't eat before gets a sandwich so he doesn't pass out, and I had hot chocolate and tried to fill my bladder with water too.

By the time we walk around a little more and go back, we get seen about 15 minutes later than expected and I can literally not stand upright as we walk to the room my bladder is close to bursting and I am almost crying when she starts to scan, a bit because it hurt and a bit because I was so afraid I was going to pee right there on the table!! Baby had moved position so she let me pee and then was able to get the measurements she needed. Everything was in the normal range, I can't remember what the numbers were.

Baby was measuring 12w 2 days which is great. No mention was made about gender, I am not to wait a bit longer to find out.

Also as we were leaving she handed us a little plush lamb with a vest on that says, "I had my ultra sound at Northwest hospital" I guess that's baby's first toy!

I have to wait a week or so for my blood test results but hopefully that come back ok.

I will try and post pics later. She took them during the mammoth scanning session so they are a weird position, and not the cute profile ones. You can see the profile and its adorable (of course) but its not as good as what we saw at the second scan.

I guess the baby is just showing us who's boss! So cute, and feisty! I love this kid already!!

Anyway, now we are home and warming up in front of the fire with a cup of tea. Only a few more days until we open up and share the news. Not sure if I can wait for the blood work to come back?!

Welcome Pretty!!

And looking forward to sunny's update soon

So happy for you Croy! Too bad they made you have a full bladder! Can't wait to see pics, they will be adorable.

I've never heard of that nub before, what is the nub? Never even noticed it before!

Davies - Beautiful pics!

Heart- hope you get some rest!

Oh Croy that story had me laughing! I'm sure it was quite the ordeal, especially with a full bladder, but absolutely hilarious how stubborn your little one was. You are going to be in trouble with this one! LOL! It already has a mind of it's own!

Glad everything was normal. Looking forward to a pic.

Davies, maybe I didn't read back far enough. All I saw was the profile pic. Did you post an alien pic too? I'm going back to have a look.

Mon, I'm glad you think the same thing about Fili. Sounds like you had a similar experience and look at you now! We need to make it our mission to get Fili pregnant with her forevs babe.

Croy what an experience but so good it turned out well in the end. So happy for you. I'm sure the results will be just fine and you'll be shouting it from the roof tops.

Ok just read back. Great pics Davies. I'm thinking girl!

Mrskg, I know how scared you must be for tomorrow. The first scan is the worst. Try not to pay too much attention to what your hubby said. He's just feeling protective of your feelings. If you had to try again, I'm sure he'd come around. But you are pregnant with your forever baby so it's a mute point!

Embo you have a scan too tomorrow, right? I'll have to go look. Good luck, but I know it will be brilliant!

Hey ladies, here are Croy's scan pictures! Yay Croy!!!

https://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff419/ahartrey/scans%20for%20other%20people/IMG_4649.jpg

https://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff419/ahartrey/scans%20for%20other%20people/IMG_4648.jpg

Mrskg- your scan will go great! My dh used to say he's done trying too, just a defense mechanism I think but sucked to hear. You will be fine!

Embo- you will have a great scan too!

Can't wait for pics.

Cute pics Croy! My baby b took 15mins or so to get into position but I didn't have a duo bladder!

We were looking at the baby for an hour the first time and about 25 minutes the second time! It was crazy, but I actually loved watching the babe squirm around. The tech kept apologizing for it taking so long but I actually didn't mind a bit!

Oh I imagine it was wonderful! What an amazing thing to witness. Isn't it strange how you can't feel any of that movement that you are watching?

The whole thing is still so surreal. I know earlier today people were talking about feeling disconnected from their baby. I feel like that too. I still can't believe it's happening, and I think trying to protect my heart to this point I have not wanted to really believe. But now I am trying to transition. I think when we start to have bumps that don't go away overnight it will help to believe it's real!

I agree. A proper bump will help. For me, getting into the second tri and getting through the NT scan and blood results will also help. If I can get through that with good results I'm going to make every effort to bond with this baby.

Great scan pics glad everyone is doing well and all is growing nicely!!

Heart happy 12 weeks!!!

Wish time would go even quicker, I'm so ready for march now!! I feel so close but so far at the same time. But mind u I need to start the nursery etc yet.

Aww croy!!!! :cloud:9

Good luck today everyone!! Mrs kg minus zero more sleeps and everything will be perfect I'm sure x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->