PAL after Recurrent Losses - come join us!

Gorgeous hair Jen love it hun, x
Bumpy gorgeous lines xx
3x welcome lovely lines for so early good luck hun xc
Hopeful I had my roots done last week feels so much nicer!! I have hair extensions so my hair is mega long an if I have roots feel like it changes whole hair!!
Heart yay for your coming out day hun xc
Lou babe doesn't sound like part the plan but listen we all jumped hurdles to get here so few more hurdles is nothing babe don't let it get u down u will face it an deal with it I no it xxx
Puppy pleased your midwife care now well done I see cons after 20 week scan! X
Fili how u my lovely? Xx

Hi ladies! Stalking as per and just thought I'd offer my 2pennoth on the tearing discussion. I tore when giving birth, upwards towards my clitoris which is fairly unusual and sounds absolutely horrific doesn't it? But you know what? I didn't give a shit! Obviously it stung a bit pushing her out (I only had gas and air) but I never noticed the tear at all, didn't really feel her stitching me back up and it all healed beautifully. Don't worry about tearing at all.

Oh dear .... Just read that back and I'm not sure it sounded as reassuring as I intended it to :blush: sorry ladies. What I meant to say is just that it was absolutely fine. :winkwink:

Thanks Mrs Higgins it actually was reassuring.

Beautiful lines bumpy. I still have everything crossed!

3x welcome and congrats.

jen lovely hair, Sounds like it's hair week, Got mine done last night too!

Amanda - Congrats on the reveal I'm so happy it went well and you work with a great bunch of people. It feels great to get it out there doesn't it.

sorry if I missed anyone, working on memory here!

afm - I'm a lemon. 14wks, no one can dispute I'm in the 2nd tri and I'm actually feeling a little better this week. heard baby's hb yesterday had a little cry haha.

Heart - so glad your reveal was so special. Hope you enjoyed your celebration!

Oh Mrs M that originally made me cringe! It never occurred to me that the clitoris could somehow get damaged! NOOOOOO. I hope yours is ok! LOL!

Just, Congrats on being a lemon. It's funny because you still show as a peach to me but you are 17 hours ahead of me. Welcome to the indisputable second tri!!!

It was a lovely day today. Everyone was so happy for me. The most common questions asked were, "did you pick out names?" and "do you know the gender?" I had to keep explaining that we're taking it one day at a time. Names haven't even entered our minds yet. Too scary. Funny how a harmless question like that makes you realize how little people understand what it means to be PAL after recurrent losses.

True, I just came home from my friends house with a pile of baby books including a name book. I won't need to buy bedtime reading for months with this pile! ha ha

Hubs is already throwing out suggestions every now and then randomly its pretty cute when I know it is something on his mind without me mentioning anything baby related.

Picking a name is a big responsibility, we want to give our kids a cute baby name, a cool adolescent name and a respectable adult name...all in one...not an easy task, but I must say that I am looking forward to the challenge :)

Choosing names is so hard! We never agreed on a boys name for our daughter so I was so relieved when she was a girl and I got to use the girls names I wanted so much!
Heart, I am so sorry I didn't mean to make you cringe. The tear never actually reached the clitoris (thank god, that really is incredibly rare) so no harm done at all.

Mrs M i tore up too, not down. I didnt know until after and the midwives were so blase about it i only realised after reading my notes how bad it was. They stitched me up straight after so i was still high on gas and air and that was that. You do have to look after it e.g. rinsing after a wee or wee in water, drink plenty so your wee is diluted and dont try to dress too early, let as much air circulate there for healing x

Hello 3x :wave: welcome to the club!
Are you on any preventative medication at all? Progesterone, baby aspirin, vitmin D supplements? These are considered harmless treatments but may make all the difference to an rpl-er. 5 out of 6 pregnancy losses being genetic sounds a little far-fetched unless you or your partner have an underlying genetic problem. Has your doctor run the karyotyping test on you both?
In any case, I am sending you sticky sticky vibes! fxfxfxfx

Puppy, that is great news that you are back to the care you like! :thumbup:

Lou, hopefully you just had a bad wee day. Fingers crossed it was a blip fxfxfxfxfx

Heart, your colleagues sound amazing! They will look after you so well, I'm sure. How was the happy hour?
As for the FB announcement, if you are thinking of meeting up with people who don't know yet in the near future maybe wait as it is so lovely to tell people in person first.

Bumpy, your line progression is perfect! I am in awe! :cloud9:
Photobucket does offer you the choice of a link to the full image (the large one) or a clickable thumbnail if you prefer it smaller. I'm with heart in that double lines need to be celebrated and flaunted with as much exposure as possible.

Fili, I love that you had such a positive dream! :happydance: Go team fili! :happydance:

Jenny, your hair is gorgeous! Really swishy and modern!

Hopeful, you are amazing with the shopping! Wow!

AFM, I had a scan yesterday but the doc must have put my pics into the wrong file as they aren't in my handcarried one :dohh: poor DH couldn't come with me and now has nothing to see.
Everything was fine, though. It was such a lovely scan with ducky scratching his head, then rubbing his eyes, twitching, wriggling... :cloud9: I was amazed he was moving so much without me feeling anything.

I failed again terribly at baby shopping. Then when I got home my mum surprised me with loads of baby clothes. I was really upset and cried all over DH. I know I am an ungrateful daughter but I am ducky's mother. I want to be able to buy stuff! I didn't even like most of what she bought :cry:

Pet can't u take majority of the clothes back? Is your duck the first grandchild for your mum? Suppose they could be a back up in your car boot incase of wee accidents ! Or if you can't be bothered to do washing one week u have back up !

Aww Hun I feel your pain I bet you don't want too feel rushed imyou wanna take your time doing it xx

I found puddings hb it was faint in the back ground but I heard the train so give it a few more days hopefully I can get a recording I had my headphones on while using it xx

Fab news, Jen! :thumbup:
Remember that you might not find pud's hb every time (so no freaking out, please) but it will get easier as the weeks go on. It's so lovely to have that reassurance :cloud9:

Pretty, I asked her to take two items back to the shop. The rest are second hand items. I'm afraid that she'll just keep buying for the next four months. She just can't stop herself! I easily get overwhelmed by volume. I have boxes of stuff I need to sort out already and her adding to it stresses me. I don't even have a nursery or nursery furniture yet!
I suppose that after all this time I also have specific ideas about what I want ducky's room and things to be like. Baby blue doesn't feature at all!
It's like my mum is hijacking my dream. I know that sounds awful and I know she doesn't do it on purpose but that is how it is.

I remember wanting to buy my first digital camera. I was so excited, researching, reading reviews, saving up for it. Then a friend heard about my plans and sent me a really basic camera for my birthday. I was gutted! I didn't go out and buy a new camera and made do with low quality pictures for years. It ruined it for me. This is how I feel now but 100 times worse. And I hate myself for it as I should feel grateful for what I am given. I also find it hard to throw usable things away and replace them with new. Once they are in the house I use them.
DH is upset, too. After all it took to get ducky he doesn't want me to have to make do.

Darling this is a whole different kettle of fish it's your baby I'd say politely not tok until after the birth that way you can do it at your own speed there is nothing worse than feeling like this huge huge hugs xxx

Oh hun I know I'm happy with what I have heard so far plus the baby is so small just now so I'm not gonna freak out well happy though it's keeping ticking through to my scan on Monday xxx

Yay u found it Jen now put it down lol x
Petit sorry Hun mayb you need to tell your mum how you feel she's probably doing a proud nanny but which is lovely but there's nothing wrong in wanting to do it urself first an pick ur own bits, just tell her your overwhelmed with it all and need to do it your way xc
Sorry hun sometimes people just don't get it!!

Hope everyone else is ok. X

Thanks for thinking about me ladies. I had two periods of pink spotting the other day but nothing since.
I've had thrush for a week and recently stopped my progesterone so I'm thinking it was probably this rather than anything to worry about.
If it comes back ill be going straight for a scan.

Saw my midwife yesterday. I've lost 4lbs but they're not worried because I can afford to lose a few pounds!!

Aww Pip I completely understand how you feel. I suppose it would be kind of mixed emotions too, good in one way as this is 'it' for you now but awful in so many other kinds of ways... So many. I would cry too. :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: not sure what you can do here, it is a really difficult situation x x x

Oh pet I'd defo have a word with her. Maybe tell her if she wants to buy a couple of items and let her keep them at her house. I completely agree there is nothing worse than crap / colours you don't like and it's just a waste all round. Maybe if you told her that you have dreams and if she wanted instead of spending loads on items maybe she would want to contribute to something u defo want whether that's nursery items.

There is nothing worse than stuff you don't like especially with number one u might not want 2 hand too. Good luck honey I really feel 4 u but u might have to be a bit stuborn to your mum to get your dream and u will feel better too :) xxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->