PAL after Recurrent Losses - come join us!

its never easy. I spent ages wondering why me. what did i do wrong. was i a bad person. then i realised just what my poor children would have had to go through if they had survived. then Izzy came along :)

Thanks pip and tracie, I just feel horrid, shocked and tearful! Hubby is pleased it wasn't a treatment failure too as am I really, but i just feel like it wasn't fair to have bad luck like that lol! I wonder if that's why my hormone levels were so high? It's the first time they've been that high. Histology report said normal - not molar so wonder why they were so high. I feel really shocked though like how you feel after a bad scan that kind of feeling. Another 'normal' loss would have done me in more though!

Fili, I thought you might be feeling rather ropey after that news :hugs:

You know, it might well have been the reason for your high hcg levels (but don't let that worry you with your next pregnancy or you'll be going mad trying to figure out whether they are too low or too high or what). I think that is one of the things they test for with the nt bloods. If your hcg is off the chart, that ups the risk of a chromosomal issue.

Yeah I read that somewhere about the nt scan. Next time I won't want my tests to be too dark lol! Omg I will be driving myself insane. This pregnancy was the most behind than all the others though it was practically 2 weeks behind growth and I've never seen an empty sac at 6.4 before, so maybe this was the only abnormal loss??

Oh fil - I'm glad u have some answers as sad as it is. Do u feel slightly happier that bubs was abnormal ? My last mmc I was happier to know my baby was abnormal as at least I could process in my mind it was a standard 1 in 4 mc that was very bad luck and it wasn't because I was lifting too heavy bags. Are u going to do steroids next time? I really next bubs is healthy and stats say it should be honey xxxxx lots of love Louise x

Thanks Louise, :hugs:. Yes I feel less sad knowing it was abnormal iykwim! Does that sound awful? What did your abnormal baby have? Was it a trisomy too? X x x

Fili it will take a little while to sort out your feelings about this one. I never had any of my pregnancies tested so I'll never know if some of them were abnormal. When I had my NT bloods taken, they absolutely test for high hcg as a marker. But mine were pretty high in the beginning too. They do the bloods between 10 - 13 weeks. I thought for sure my bloods would skew my results for Trisomy, but they didn't. The hcg must have leveled off. So the next time, try not to get too worried if you have dark tests again. It's not necessarily an indicator of Trisomy or Downs so early in a pregnancy. I think Mandy found out her baby had Trisomy after her bloods and NT scan as well as a severe heart defect. She ethically terminated at 17 weeks. Personally I'm glad you weren't faced with that decision in the second trimester. This sweet baby made the decision for you. I have even greater hope that your treatment plan is going to work and bring you your healthy baby.

Jen, good luck with the extraction. I hate the dentist!

Davies, thanks hon. I did the progesterone last night and haven't felt my adenomyosis since. Now I'm not sure what to do. I'm in between doctors at the moment. I see my new high risk doctor in two weeks. I'm definitely going to keep taking it for another week. I also found a research paper that said adenomyosis has a higher incidence of NK cells. It was a theory I had a long time ago but could never find any evidence of. I talked to my doctor about it but she didn't believe in it. I also found out that Dr. Alan Beers is less than an hour away from me and he tests for NK cells. I know it's too late for this pregnancy, but before I get pregnant again, I want to get tested to see if I need additional treatment.

Hope you've been enjoying time away from your hubby! Mine leaves next month for Europe for 2 weeks and I can't wait! My mother will come visit for one of the weeks, but the other week, I have the house all to myself. Yay!

Pip, I'm off to go look at your new bump pic!

15 weeks today for me! Yay for oranges!!!

Happy 15 weeks to heart and all the other oranges out there! :cake:

Heart, can't you climb into your husband's suitcase and come over here with him?

Pretty, I forgot to mention, if you don't have insurance in the US, you would have to pay out of pocket. Usually they give you a "discounted" self-pay rate, but it is still expensive. But most people have insurance. Most people get it through work or can get it through their spouse's work. If neither work, or work doesn't offer insurance, there are other ways to get insurance. There are also low income and low fee clinics where you can get health care. But for things like fertility, a lot of people have to pay out of pocket anyway because insurance plans often don't cover it. That's what happened with me. My insurance covered all of my miscarriage treatments, but the second I wanted to take progesterone or do IUI, it wasn't covered. Go figure!

Pip I would love to go with him. He's going to London, lots of places in Germany, Austria, Amsterdam, Paris. Jealous! He's going for work. Sting is touring and he's going on part of the tour. He hired his brother to shoot video of the concerts and he's going to help out and to interview Sting. Double Jealous!!! I've decided not to fly during my pregnancy. I've never had chicken pox and am terrified I might get them. I decided not to expose myself to large groups of people.

I've been exposed to them a million times as well as shingles and have never gotten them. My grandmother never had them either. A natural immunity? Or Natural Killer cells at work? Who knows? Regardless, I'm not risking it which is why my mother is coming to me, rather than me go visit her in Florida.

happy 15 weeks heart! interesting about prog and adenmyosis, if I read that I would want to stay on a little longer too. hopefully the high risk clinic knows something about it? would you be able to at least talk to them on the phone?

fili - huge hugs! i think it's good to get a definite answer, no wondering why and i would much rather have an answer, esp because apparently that is a common reason for early m/c. so are you going to do intralipids next time and add heparin?

jen - good luck on the tooth extraction!

Heart, I don't fly in pregnancy, either. (ok, apart from my return flight at 9dpo)

I have endometriosis, which is similar to adenomyosis but outside the womb. It is also an autoimmune disease and supposedly linked to nk cells. We are a weird bunch, ey :D

Heart I don't blame you staying put! I am missing my hubby lots!! But it's nice to clean the house sn no it's going to stsy that way! Dogs bored of just me!! She wants new people to play with! Whenever she sees car headlights pull up or go passed she's convinced it's him!! Poor little girly xc
Well no prog still an nice healthy hb! All good have had few twinges but been good! Heart do it when yr ready hun we no it can't harm so wait an speak to doctor, congrats on 15 weeks! V exciting!! Xx
Think dinner tonight be jacket potato with cheese an beans, an I might make myself a little Eton mess for dessert have a craving for meringue cream fruit yum yum!! I will buy shop brought meringue don't worry! X

Hey guys back from the dentist Paul got pretty pissed at the dentist the tooth had a big root and while he was trying to get it out he kept slipping an punching my mouth grrr it's done now I'm still numb for now I gotta go back next Friday for a final check up then that's me done thank god not looking forward too it wearing off x

Fili I'm sending you massive massive hugs xxx

Pip I knew endo and adeno were essentially the same. I just never knew either were autoimmune disorders. Wish I had talked to you about this earlier. I'm hoping that since this baby made it to 15 weeks with no apparent problems, I'm going to be ok with regards to NK cells. How long did you take progesterone for? I remember it was longer than most ladies.

Davies your dog sounds so cute! Sounds like you have dinner sorted out. I haven't even eaten breakfast yet! LOL! It's not even 8am for me. Your hubby is going to be so relaxed and happy to see you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->