PAL after Recurrent Losses - come join us!

heart - your advice and words are just so good! i wish i had those skills! i am growing bigger and bigger, up 13-15 lbs depending on when i weigh myself. that's around a stone I think? ;)
i feel strange laying on my back so need to lay on left side all the time now, can't wait for another scan in a week. i need to do a bump pic again.

florida - that's precious!

Florida what a great sound!!! Congrats

Heart - Yes, thank nausea seems to be gone today. Hope it was a one off relapse! Doc also told me that the headaches should begin to ease soon too, I guess this is the peak time to get them. That gives me hope.

So happy the orange on my ticker :)

I think we will have the scan at 18 weeks and take our chances! we are both impatient, and worse case scenario we have to get another scan a few weeks later! There is aplace that does a gender scan for $75 that my friend just used and said it was nice. Not cheap, but not scary expensive either - it would be worth it just to see the baby again.

Hopeful your bump must be glorious right now! Bump pic indeed!

I'll add mine from today. Not much to see I'm afraid. I just look bigger all over. I took one with my shirt down as the bump is a little more defined. I took these pics this morning after I released my bowels. :haha: I wanted the pic to reflect my true bump and not my ridiculous bloat. At night I can push my stomach out and look at least 5 months pregnant if not 6!

Attachments

• 290d8ff4.jpg
    290d8ff4.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 18
  • 0774cef5.jpg
    0774cef5.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 15
Fab bump starting there heart :flower:

Croy $75 is nothing! My private scans were $320!! Definitely do the 18 week and then do another one too!

That's good news that the headaches will ease off too.

Who else is sharing bump pics???

Sunny, I really liked St Mary's. They are very scientific in the way they address everything and have a protocol for what to test when. Unfortunately, my problem seems to have been outside the standard box. That is why I went for the nk cell testing with Mr S. St Mary's don't do the nkcell testing or treatment because it hasn't been proven yet. If Prof Quenby manages to get a large enough cohort for her study and can prove that the treatment works then St Mary's will consider it.
If you haven't had all the tests then definitely go to St Mary's as they are very thorough and there is a very high chance that they can help you. Their team is very reassuring and believe strongly in TLC so you get regular scans and there is a lovely nurse you can call if you are ever worried.

Tasha/heart, clexane is proven to be just as effective as fragmin or tinzaparin or any of the other low molecular weight heparins. Of all the lmwh, I believe clexane is the most widely used in pregnancy and therefore considered the safest.

The dosage is calculated by your weight and is aimed at putting your blood clotting in broadly two target ranges (not entirely true as there is a third but that is irrelevant here). The higher range is the so-called treatment dose. Tasha will have been on this initially when she was diagnosed with an active clot (dvt). The lower is the so-called preventative dose. In theory, when you are on lmwh and pregnant you should have regular blood tests to make sure that the dose you are on puts you in the correct target range. As you get heavier with pregnancy you might move into a higher weight category and need a slightly higher dose to get you into the target range.
My haematologists, in desperation, put me on a higher dose which puts my blood within the treatment range. There is no evidence that this is necessary and I know of nobody who has this higher target range without an active clot. You could ask your doctors for this, Tasha, but as you probably know from your previous treatment, higher doses of blood thinners do not come without risk so not every doctor will agree to it. If you want my (my doctor's) details to help with this, you can PM me.
Interestingly, Mr S is more than happy with me being within the higher target range and has asked for me to try and continue with it until I complete my treatment (six weeks post partum).

Hopeful, when you were put on clexane you were put on it as if you had a clotting issue and that was how your dose was calculated. So someone of your weight with known clotting issues will be on the sane dose.

The official NHS guidelines don't actually ask for everyone with a clotting gene to go on heparin. Mostly it is unnecessary and not worth the extra bleeding risk. It is 'only' if you have more than one gene, APS, a history of clots or recurrent losses that you are to be put in it.

Urgh, here I am banging on about what seems to be my favourite topic at the mo. Sorry! It's not true! As of today, my favourite thing is to look at my belly and watch (yes, watch!) ducky kicking :cloud9:

Great doppler action going on today! :thumbup:

Heart, your bump is so adorable!!!
Thanks for posting about the yoga. I found your posts and determination to go a big motivator. My mission tomorrow is to find out where and when I can go. If I can find a swim suit I'll also try aquanatal, which they offer at my local swimming pool. I feel really slobby not having done any exercise since I was 5 weeks along :blush: but I only got my consultant's agreement to let me do (light and gentle!) exercise this week.

Pip, you'll fit right in at a yoga class at 23 weeks pregnant! It was very gentle and easy. Not a huge work out. More of a relaxing time to stretch and breathe. For me, it was a good way back into exercise. I'm going to go to the gym this week too. I'm on a roll!

I'd love to see a video of Ducky kicking! Have you taken any yet? What a feeling that must be!

Thank you for the explaination Pip, I will come back and read it again tomorrow to take it all in :flower:

ETA Yay for seeing ducky move, that is so exciting.

Hey ladies very chatty on here lol!! Sunny I went to st Mary's when I had no where else left basically!! I had my tests locally all negative! I had couple more tests at st marys negative!! Was basically going to try a hysterocopy next an was having op 21dec so bout 3 weeks after my bfp! But when I said was pg I had tests an scans every 2 weeks sn saw djctir every week at 12 weeks I graduated! So excited! Have faith in st Mary's I honestly felt bit gutted at first with negative results but negative can b good an I think constant care can help to, wish u luck my lovely xx

Heart cute lil bump xx
Yay croy were an orange I love it I feel pg! That's massive an orange!! X
Hopeful I wanna see twinny bump!!
Afm day 5 night 5 can I do no prog??? I felt little bit twingy tonight! Drank lots of water! I'm meeting my friend Tom who has a lil boy she's 9 weeks pg she's been having spotting she bled with her first an had more brownish spotting this week but has had her scan N seen hb! Keeping my fxd for her, she's never had a loss but has been trying a while an is so lovely x
I said I dtd yest an enjoyed it..., well today I defo have swollen bits!! Anyone else had this! Bit embarrassing I feel like I'm a teenager! I wouldn't mind we only done it once! X

Davies, I think I'm done with the progesterone. It's been 3 days for me and I checked the hb today and it was 162. I would think the baby would be struggling right now if my progesterone was low. That's what I'm going to believe anyway.

I didn't get any swollen bits after DTD. I didn't really notice a change at all to be honest.

I hope your friend is ok.

When is your next scan? Have you scheduled it?

Pip- my clinic just does 40 mg as std for suspected early implantation issues, they didn't discuss any diff dose and my blood was never monitored for it. I never saw a hematologist or anything, just my usual re/ob/gyn clinic. I'm sure it would have been more invlolved of I had a clotting disorder.

Davies- Yay for no prog! Swollen bits sounds so funny :)

Heart, fab bump!

Tasha, hope you're doing okay, been thinking about you! :hugs:

That's interesting about your clinic's standard levels, hopeful! Not quite logical for heavier ladies than yourself but then if you don't have a clotting issue then you don't necessarily need heparin anyway.

By the way, I forgot to write a disclaimer :haha:
A, I'm an amateur, not a medical professional.
B, my knowledge is based on UK practices and guidelines (google 'green top guidelines' to read the royal college of obstetrians and gynaecologists' guidelines yourself).

Heart, I really should try and capture the movement on video but I am rather self conscious about my bruises and don't like showing them off... :blush:

Pip, no pressure. I totally understand! You might want to record it for yourself so you can look back at it when Ducky is 18!

Happy 23 weeks by the way!

Aw, thanks heart! I suppose I am 23 weeks along now - it is half past midnight here... :yipee: just one more week until V-day :yipee:

Yes, ma'am! Though I am in bed (typing on my phone) and I did have a three hour nap this afternoon. :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->