PAL after Recurrent Losses - come join us!

Heart, even if you were eating the same as before pregnancy I think you will find that you still put on weight. Our bodies are programmed to slow down our digestion so we can extract all the goodness and build up a fat storage for breastfeeding.
As long as you eat when you feel like it and don't deprive yourself you should be fine.
The 25lb thing is more a guide and more as a maximum healthy weight gain rather than a target you have to achieve.

As for sleeping on your side, even though I mostly do I spend a lot of time on my back (no, not for that! naughty girls...), too. So I asked my midwife about it. Her advice was to stay comfortable. She said that once the baby starts pressing down on lungs etc. (later on) I would feel uncomfortable and automatically seek out a different position.
Right now, ducky is just past my belly button and my breathing is normal so I'm still ok, I think.

I hope you don't mind me saying that I love this thread and how successful it is! So many of us made it to second tri and beyond! :yipee:

I guess all of our medical cocktails have something to do with it. When I was in a first tri due month thread last year the loss rate (mainly unmedicated first pregnancies) was much higher...

Thanks Pip, that's all very reassuring about the weight and the sleep. Can you tell I'm new at this! :haha:

When did you stop taking progesterone? Was it 16 weeks?

thanks heart x happy 15 weeks xxxx

im afraid im still up & down just now xxx

Heart - My doc told me 1/2 pound to a pound a week. I think it will just happen. I have only gained about 3lbs so far - and infact when I went for my check up the recorded weight at the doctors showed no weight gain since my last visit 4 weeks ago (not totally accurate because they weigh you dressed - think i may have been wearing a heavier sweater last time or something. Anyway, my doctor told me that my 0 weight gain was totally fine. She could see my bump was growing and baby's heart was strong. I think the major weight gain happens as the baby grows and wants more food (and weighs more) I am assuming my appetite will increase as necessary. I am certainly more hungry these days but we are only supposed to eat an extra 300 calories a day or something so I hope that continues.
I am trying to listen to my body, and eat when I am hungry, but eat good things. I am a big fruit/veggie/beans and lentils girl too. We are not big meat eaters, maybe just twice a week? so every now and then I get a craving for red meat, which i give into but otherwise I am not really consuming high caloric foods.

Thanks Croy, you sound exactly like me. I gained a few pounds right when I got pregnant, but I think I was a little underweight when I conceived. I stopped going to the gym which I believe contributed to the few pounds I added. But since I've been doing weigh ins at the doctor's office, I'm always the same weight! It's weird to me because my belly is definitely bigger.

I appreciate the feed back. I never realized how much I would stress out about GAINING weight! LOL!

Did you schedule your next scan yet?

Ok, I know I must be a hormonal mess now. I just saw this Pampers commercial and started crying!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxbRdxbBROI

Urgh, I knew you'd asked me a question but forgot it by the time I had caught up with the thread again. Seriously, I really need to work on my memory skills :dohh:

I was supposed to stop the progesterone at 16 weeks but with the vomiting diarrhoea going on in week 15 I stopped a little earlier. I was a little scared but still being weak from the illness helped and I felt reassured that most other people on here stopped earlier and were fine.

Interestingly, you reminded me that I recently had a few spats of endometriosis-like pain. I'm not supposed to: Endometriosis becomes dormant during pregnancy and can even shrink. Isn't it the same with adenomyosis?
At the moment I am feeling fine again. Who knows, there is so much movement going on inside so my pains could just as well have been caused by shifting internal organs :shrug:

Thanks for that Pip. Yes, adeno is supposed to be dormant in pregnancy as well. I think specifically because of all of the progesterone being produced which is why I got freaked out about feeling it 2 days after I stopped the progesterone.

I tried researching if you could feel it during pregnancy and couldn't find anything. I asked other ladies on this thread if they felt their adeno while pregnant and no one did. I really think I'm feeling the adeno. It's in the spot where I know the adeno is. And it's a familiar feeling. It's only in one spot and has been fairly consistent.

I'm definitely staying on progesterone for another week just in case.

Thanks again.

Ah heart too cute xc
Mrs k hugs to you my lovely xx
Florida I said to my hubby love willow for lil girl can't we have willow 1 and 2!! I call her willows!! We have a willow tree in garden she lays under it in summer for shade!! Ah gorgeous name X
Well I hope I don't put on to much weight my sis put on 60lbs!! Man I couldn't deal with that!! She never lost it all either! I was 12lb heavier than normal anyway thanks to clomid an 4 pregnancies, I was still in normal weight area but do t want to put lots on! B
Am trying to eat healthily but also have a very sweet tooth to satisfy at the moment! Very sweet! That does include lots of fruit though!! X

Davies, my sister is adopted so I don't have her genes. I'm secretly glad about that right now. She was so slim before her pregnancies. In general I'm also a healthier eater than she is and exercise more. Hopefully I'll be able to continue doing that after baby comes. I know my sister struggles with her weight and I feel so bad about it. When she met her birth mother, she got depressed because her birth mother is very overweight. She didn't know it until she met her mother, but it's in her genes.

See I'm very similar to my mum an my sis is like my dad! I'm hoping if im careful I b ok! My sis has big appetite plus she craved mcd's !!! Yuk!! Fruit an sweets!! Fxd don't puto loads on but who knows x

I'm excited, I just booked my anatomy/gender scan for Wednesday March 14th. It isn't until 5pm so its easy for hubs to come along.
I know it's weeks away but time seems to be passing pretty quickly. I have finals that week and the week after so i hope I am able to concentrate! We will be one day away from 20 weeks.

You and Davies have yours on the same day! And I have mine the following day! Yay!

So you did decide to wait it out a little longer then. We have to wait a little over a month, but it will be totally worth it!! I have no idea how you are going to concentrate for finals. LOL!

Yes, we decided to wait, it just made sense with my school schedule too. I have some group project due the week before so it would have been harder to fit in knowing i will have to be at school for longer hours. I thought it would feel like forever but when everything is counted in weeks the time seems to pass quickly.

I agree. The weeks seem to fly by when you think about it in such small increments. Before you know it, we'll be 16 weeks!

Just think how much we'll be showing by the time of our 20 week scan. We'll be cantaloupes!

I like how you're thinking! Although, even the thought of an orange coming out makes me wince..as the fruits get bigger I can't help but begin to freak out slightly about how it's going to come out! ha ha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->