PAL after Recurrent Losses - come join us!

Yes 14.5 lbs to be exact!! :smug: my clothes feel so much better too. Will TRY to keep it up when on the Roids at ov next week but... Hubby has noticed too! :happydance:
Yeah I think its random just hoping I'm not at risk for it happening again. Rosemary said it is random and I'm no at higher risk. Do you think rosemary knows her stuff pip?

Fili, of course Rosemary knows her stuff!
She's helped me out before, too.

Don't be upset if your body changes a bit with the roids. It won't be anything to do with your diet, they just make your body reshuffle the fat reserves to your middle section. I am hoping you'll really notice a difference as you'll be on them for THREE MONTHS! :winkwink:

Pip, you are right. I asked the genetics counselor this very question when I got my NT scan. My husband and I had normal karyotyping results and I was hoping that would prevent us from having a baby with Trisomy. But she said that's not the case. It's more random than that. But our normal tests do show that we don't have to worry about translocation.

Oh puppy why does it always happen at once?!! So sorry my lovely, have u got a credit card u can put it on to fix car an bit it off a bit each month? Xx

No we don't have any credit cards, we both had them in the past and when DH lost his job and then I was made redundant we sort of got fogged under. We're under debt management which has been fab but makes our credit rating shocking.

Aw puppy :hugs: that must be really stressful, I don't know what to suggest but here's some more :hugs:

Heart actually having a baby with trisomy is extremely rare 1 in 6000 think or less. Also they are growth restricted so you'd def see growth delays by now. The vast majority are lost in early preg like mine. Yeah it is random but think I have half a percent more chance of having another according to some articles bit won't worry too much about that then!

Aw, Puppy, is there anything you can sell to get the car going again/buy a new (old) car? If DH's income depends on it I suppose it is a priority. How horrible - big :hug: to you!

Oh puppy I got friends that have done that, it's so hard I struggle a bit now I'm not flying my salary is poo!! I have a £1000 on credit card an the interest is bloody astronomical!! I do feel for you could you ask parents as a last resort? I no its horrible to buy sometimes there's no other way! Xc

Heart bubbles same as me! An I def wee stopping more at the mo every 5 mins! Let's hope we feel soon so excited!

Fili congrats on a stone hun that's fab news well done u xx

Fili that's amazing. I wish I'd done the same before this beanie came along.

Sorry bout your car pups. As if you needed that right now. I hope you can get things sorted. Have you any family you could ask?

I've been sooo lazy today. Ate and slept, ate and slept!! That's it. I'm a lazy moo!!

DH's parents are minted but they're tight as a duck's........

My grandparents have helped me out before but I hate to ask and I hate to think how we'd pay it back.

I'm sure we'll think of something, eventually.

Just a though Puppy. I sell things on Ebay whenever money is tight. You might be surprised how much extra cash you can make this way.

Fil congratulations of weight loss!!!!

Davies - are they allowed to do that with your job? How's your hours work now? Have they reduced them? Thought u would be well protected by unions and seems like they are penalizing u for being prego with reducing your income

I did shift work and if they took me off that pay scale I'd be pissed off as it wouldn't be worth inconvenience of working nights / weekends also need the additional cash to make the job feasible

Lol- the c section talk didnt scare me off, just tired. I still get fitness mag (wish I didn't get that 2 year subscription last year) but Rebecca romjin was on the cover, looking great, and had c section couple years ago. Must be a sign ;)

Puppy- sorry for the shit day! Always comes all at once, huge hugs!

Fili- that was fast! Congrats on the stone!

Lou- congrats on no gd!

Davies, heart n Croy- we r all so close in due dates and I thought I felt bubbles a week ago but now seems more like gas. I've just been nervous with no Doppler! It does suck not having one. Like I'm in limbo until scan on thurs.

Embo- u r lucky to feel the baby!

Hi pip and pretty!

Heart actually having a baby with trisomy is extremely rare 1 in 6000 think or less. Also they are growth restricted so you'd def see growth delays by now. The vast majority are lost in early preg like mine. Yeah it is random but think I have half a percent more chance of having another according to some articles bit won't worry too much about that then!

Interestingly, one of the Republicans running for President of the US has a baby with Trisomy. I'm not concerned for this baby. My results for this baby were a 1/6100 chance of having a baby with Trisomy. I wanted to make sure you knew that the karyotyping test doesn't have anything to do with conceiving a baby with Trisomy. I highly doubt you would conceive another one with Trisomy.

Hopeful, I get Fitness magazine too! She does look great! I've started looking at the Fit Pregnancy website now for tips. I think I'm going to save my Fitness magazines to read after the baby is born.

Pretty we get our basic salary plus a ground Materbity payment each month but its an average amount of short haul! Whereas I have done lots of long haul that doesn't go in the average! So it's rubbish I do save money on petrol but I pay to park! I am not full time but on my week off every month I have the opportunity to pick up extra work if I want! So that's out the window!
I sound like a real moaner! I am lucky an rarely go without I just find it wierd having to think bout that extra few hundred pounds that I'm used to! But would rather b pregnant anyday!
Guess what I had tonight?? Chocolate dipped strawberries yumyum!! Galaxy chocolate to!

Hopeful pleased ur ok hun was starting to worry bout u xx

Puppy think I'm going to try eBay of my new one is Facebook items for sale in your area, of you look ur bound to have one an it's free to advertise free to sell to! An people collect!! My sister did it for me recently an sold my old bed got £150 as it was a black sleigh bed an a memory foam mattress! But I didn't have any fees! X

Thanks for the tips girls. I just don't have anything to sell! Lol. Sure we have books we've read and some old films we don't watch but nothing of any great worth. We're not really big on buying stuff like that, and never really had the money to tbh. Most of the stuff i have that's 'big' are second hand freebies e.g.

Our bed frame i bought when i first moved out for £99 in 2003
Our mattress was given by my mum who bought herself new
Our sofas - 1 from my mum, one from grandparents.
Laura's bed bought by grandparents
Spare bed given by uncle

The two things in the house we've had to buy recently are the fridge/freezer and the washing machine which both packed up within weeks of each other. I guess the car is number 3 (and hopefully the last) but we can't just buy a new one! Sadly.

They don't need to be big items Puppy. I usually sell clothes and shoes I don't want or need anymore. If you have ever collected anything you could sell that. I have sold my Barbies and hubby has sold his collection of matchbox and 50's themed cars. I have sold most of my Coca-Cola memorabilia. Old picture frames do well too.

Think small and just look around and see if there is anything cluttering up your home that you could do without.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->