PAL after Recurrent Losses - come join us!

My last mc was July 11 I being my 4th I decided I needed time for myself usually I jump straight back on the trying train! But I needed some me time! So I did just that I went back to work as hadn't worked well I hadn't been in the sky for a year! So I did some lovely trips had me time us time with Pete an then september I decided I want to try! October I was gutted!! Then obviously late nov I got my bfp! When I fell in nov I didn't really try that hard as I was booked in for my hysterocopy in late dec! But that would of been 2 cycles for me which I didn't want to miss hence I took my clomid!! I was always told my 4 mc were bad luck! Maybe they were! Who knows! Good luck sweetie I no its hard but believe it will happen its just about when it will happen! U will get ur baby. X

Fil - only one since Elliott has been born but wanted to try quick and it took a while to get him and if I was going to go down immune therapy even though paying thousands and private u still have a 7 month waiting list to have the treatment.

Only u know honey. If u can I'd try and see what St Marys have to say with your results. Depending on who u see if u aren't satisifactory I'd even consider paying private to see a consultant at St Marys just for all your questions to be answered and they spend ages talking to u. The Ivf seems one of the final routes and if I was u I would give one more chance - if it turned out mc ( that we all hope u never have one of these again cos u have had more than your share) and after testing if that turned out normal baby ( and u was on the prescribed drugs) then I'd go down Ivf route.

So if I was u step 1. Go by St Marys do exactly what they say and meds 2. Go back steroids 3. Then consider Ivf as the last option cos it will be really hard on u .

I know it's really hard honey and I bet it all must be crushing your brain but u will get there. U only know what u have to do too honey but that would be my view for me if I was u. Hope u think it's ok and remember St Marys test blood within 2 hours so they might be more accurate with u . Also everyone is different honey so don't think really can compare person to person as u don't have whole picture . Iif get on correct meds and luck u will have your baby xxxxx

happy valentines day girls!

cla - i got blonde highlights a weeks ago (at 15 wks), foil, just didn't put any close to scalp and they use Aveda which is pretty natural stuff

tracie - 2 months already? time flies here!

jen - that sounds like fun, a little scavenger hunt?

fili - i looked into pgd w/ivf and asked the dr what their success rate was with the treatment and rpl and he didn't really have any info to back it up. have you ever taken stim meds before? sometimes it takes a couple of cycles to find the best dosage and mix of meds too... the meds I took in Nov were a smaller dosage of what many ivf girls take. they monitor you heavily though.
i think if you have the money, maybe do it? but hopefully you will get some extras to freeze too in case the first cycle doesn't take (it's so expensive here, like 20K USD for 1 cycle ivf with pgd and the meds)
if it were me, i would also want to do blood thinner and steriods too, it's common practice here at some ivf clinics to do it soon after transfer I think? with any clotting/immune or implantation issues. I know a girl that has factor V and has been on lovenox since shortly after transfer too....

AVOCADOS!!!!! (i'm teary eyed looking at this avocado! hilarious!)

Happy 16 weeks Hopeful!

Embo happy 15 weeks!!!

Fili, like Davies said, I don't know much about PGD and IVF. Not ignoring, just don't know. I do know how hard it is to wait to ttc but you have some very good reasons to wait one cycle. I've always waited personally. My last loss was my ectopic on July 16. I was supposed to have a saline sonogram right after I got my first AF. They found a polyp so I had a hysteroscopy to have it removed. I did all this in preparation for IUI. I honestly think doin IUI with meds gave us a healthier egg and sperm.

I'm sooo tired this morning. Woke up at 2:30 to the sounds of sirens. There were 4 police cars on a low speed chase after someone. Tim could see the police cars driving very slowly with their sirens on! So the sound of the sirens lasted forever!!! Grrr. Then I couldn't fall back asleep. Work should be interesting today. I hope I don't fall asleep talking to clients! LOL!

Have a great day everyone. xoxo

Haha an u have 2 avocados!!
Just eaten a toasted teacake an I'm going to have a nectarine that's lunch as we f off out for dinner xx

Oh yeah, Cla, I waited until 12 weeks and then got foil highlights. Personally I didn't want anything touching my scalp but I've read these days it's perfectly safe.

If you are using straight bleach that might be more controversial, but I've read that dyes at the salon are safe because very little of it actually gets absorbed into your skin. I also use Aveda color and they told me that it is even safer as it is 97% natural.

I don't no how you ladies do it! I'm do tired!! I wake up at 530 an I'm awake but by 8am I need to sleep! Just been to do weekly shop sn I'm shattered in fact so can't b bothered to go out tonight but it's hubby's best friends anniversary do should really! X

happy 15 weeks embo!!!!

heart - hope you can stay awake too as i think tuesdays are your busy day?

Happy avacado's week!! You have two in there hopeful!! Your bump must be coming along nicely :)

Hey ladies, sorry I have been MIA for a while.
Happy 16 weeks Hopeful and Happy 15 week Embo! Love seeing those tickers changing!

Jen - I don't usually get headaches but I had one a week, almost like a migraine (had to lay down in a dark cool room with no noise or light). My doctor told me that at about 10 weeks the hormones hit a level when headaches might start, but that by the end of 16 weeks they should have simmered down again. I am still waiting to see if that is true for me, but I haven't had one in over a week so fingers crossed.
Sorry you can't take your medicine but I hope Tylenol could offer you some relief.

I am actually waiting for my doctors office to open, I think i might have a UTI or some kind of infection. I have been having some mild pain in my lower abdomen and have had to pee more frequently. I know some of you ladies have been talking about having to pee a lot but not much comes out. I haven't really had that but even though I am hydrated, my wee smells awful...(TMI?!) It's the weirdest thing. So after reading on the internet that UTI's can be bad in pregnancy I just want to get it checked out. Not sure I will get in as an emergency but I can try. I think its just a pee test so I hope they can swing it. I got all worked up last night, you know the point when crying actually feels like a relief. Hubs got out the doppler and we heard the little one beating away but I am still anxious.

Making a pot roast for the hubs for valentines dinner - lucky its a throw it in a pot and leave it meal, but its his favourite.

Hope you are all feeling well this morning. Happy Valentines Day to you all xx

Croy I'm exactly same sometimes smelly pee but I'm going every 20 mins sn not slot there! If I haven't been in like an hour it stinks! X

This is a weird question but does it smell like strong wee - or does it smell gross? Mine smell like when you eat asparagus - except not quite like that but a foul smell. And I haven't eaten any asparagus. I don't know what's going on. I don't have pain when I pee which is not like a UTI but I have weird symptoms I want to get checked out if I can.

Doctor just called me back - I can get in to see the nurse practitioner at 10.30. Not exactly the best timing because I have to miss class (its 10-11) but I will take it. Just glad they could fit me in, and that I actually get to see someone and not just pee in a pot because I have some questions. I love the nurse Practitioner, she is an older lady and very reassuring, so I know she will be empathetic and listen to all my symptoms!

That's good news Croy (about the NP, not about the smelly pee!) I hope you get all your questions answered and they can figure it out. Good to see you pop in!

Embo, I thought you were 15 weeks today! Oops, jumped the gun a bit! LOL!

Hopeful, today is my busy day. Good memory! Usually I just talk to clients on the phone on Tuesdays, not face to face, so they can't see me if I shut my eyes! LOL!

Not quite there yet :) Can't wait to be an orange but what the heck is a naval orange??!?

Heart - I9 hope that you make it! I got up at 7 to start the pot roast (I had prepped all the veggies last night) but then I couldn't get back to sleep. Its only 1/3 hour earlier than I get up usually but I am already feeling a little sleepier than usual. I can only imagine how tired I would be if I was woken up when you were. Do you have a lunch break that could could fit a nap in to?

Embo - it's just a regular orange - Here they get specific, but in England I think they are just oranges! ha ha

Sorry I jumped the gun too on the well wishes, soon enough you'll be there x

No naps for me today Croy. That's ok, I'll just go to be early tonight.

Embo, that's so funny to me! I live in California where there are at least 20 different kinds of oranges at the store. Naval is just one kind. There are blood oranges, mandarin oranges, tangellos, etc, etc, etc...

I have to say though, sometimes Naval oranges are bigger than avocados! Oh well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->