PAL Fall 2011 ***26 Healthy Babies***

i absolutely love the Fall. It is my favorite season. :dance:

I dont normally like Fall (or Autumn as we call it in England). I usually find it depressing that the lovely Summer is over.
But im really looking forward to it this year! :happydance:
xx

My favourite season is Autumn. I love halloween and bon fire night. I would absoloutely love to have a baby on halloween!! Hope everyone is feeling well and hopefull x x x

My favourite season is Autumn. I love halloween and bon fire night. I would absoloutely love to have a baby on halloween!! Hope everyone is feeling well and hopefull x x x

I love halloween too! Here is hoping for a Halloween baby. What do you do on bon fire night? We don't have that here and I am so curious!

Also it is wonderful seeing all those names at the begining of the thread with the due dates! Looks great!

I do have a question for you ladies. I posted this elsewhere but didn't get a clear answer really. The first time around I never asked my doctor this question and I am slightly lost. How exactly do you judge how far along you are? I know that supposedly in the U.S. and some other places we start counting from your LMP. Other places date from the day of ovulation. So does this make the 12 week scan really that "safe zone" if you are only technically 10 weeks (or later for us late ovulators)? I did find this site that says the end of the first trimester in places that start dating from the day of ovulation ends at 10-11 weeks. In the US it is 12-13 weeks using the LMP. Has anyone heard anything diffinitive? I know when I ovulated and I will be 4 weeks past ovulation tomorrow. Does that actually make me 6 weeks pregnant?

Thanks for the help and welcome all the Autumn mommies to be!!! :yipee:

Hi Barbie, I am not sure about other places, but I know for the us it is definitely 12 -13 weeks. So week 1 is your period essentially, and looking at your EDD I believe that makes you 6 weeks. Congrats! Half way out of the first tri!

Barbie in the uk it's the same as us. They go off Yr lmp but at Yr dating scan they make alter Yr due date especially if u ovd late xx

anyone else still POAS i have a sickness, testing every morning just to make sure the line is still there then spend rest of day running to the toilet checking i'm not bleeding!! am i the only crazy one?

I love halloween too! Here is hoping for a Halloween baby. What do you do on bon fire night? We don't have that here and I am so curious!

Bonfire Night is a British celebration. You should google its origins, its quite interesting.
Basically, we go to "Bonfire Parties" on 5th Novemeber.
People gather together to make and light a bonfire, then children make a "Guy" to put on top of the fire. A guy is a dummy made of old clothes.
People then gather around the fire to keep warm, and eat baked potatoes, hotdogs,etc. We eat toffee apples and popcorn, and drink hot chocolate.
Then there is usually a big firework display. Its great fun!

I do have a question for you ladies. I posted this elsewhere but didn't get a clear answer really. The first time around I never asked my doctor this question and I am slightly lost. How exactly do you judge how far along you are? I know that supposedly in the U.S. and some other places we start counting from your LMP. Other places date from the day of ovulation. So does this make the 12 week scan really that "safe zone" if you are only technically 10 weeks (or later for us late ovulators)? I did find this site that says the end of the first trimester in places that start dating from the day of ovulation ends at 10-11 weeks. In the US it is 12-13 weeks using the LMP. Has anyone heard anything diffinitive? I know when I ovulated and I will be 4 weeks past ovulation tomorrow. Does that actually make me 6 weeks pregnant?
Thanks for the help and welcome all the Autumn mommies to be!!! :yipee:

Hey Barbie.
Here is England we take our dates based on our LMP (the first day of our last period) regardless of when we ovulated. Which means that we are already 2 or 3 weeks pregnant by the time we conceive. It makes no sense, but thats just the way it is :wacko:
But we still say that after 12 weeks is the safe zone (12 weeks after our LMP). However, when we have our dating scan, our dates our usually changed based on the size of the baby (so late ovulators usually have their dates moved back).
Hope that helps?
xx
ps: happy 6 weeks, half way to the safe zone already! :yipee:

Thanks Mrs.Wells and shelleney! That makes sense to me. Awesome that I just tacked on 2 weeks to that long wait. phew!

Shelleney: Bon Fire night sounds so fun! I looked it up and I actually knew the history but not the celebration lol. So much for my brain making the connection. I blame being pregnant lol. Thanks for sharing! Too bad we don't have it in the states.

anyone else still POAS i have a sickness, testing every morning just to make sure the line is still there then spend rest of day running to the toilet checking i'm not bleeding!! am i the only crazy one?

LOL you r not alone- nearly sick every time I go to the loo(which is every 5 mins ) so afraid of seeing blood. thought it was all over yeaterday-terrible cramps but nurse thinks it was just constipation so have upped the veg and water and might take the lactulose she prescribed. six weeks tomorrow 1st scan on tues if the worry doesn't kill me first xx

Yeah I definitely look at the TP to see if there is blood every time I go. Had first ob appt today. Was hoping for an early scan, but it was only my history and flu shot. lol First ultrasound is in 2 weeks. I cannot wait!

Welcome kimini!

barbie- the first day of your last period is considered day 1 of your pregnancy. (thus gaining 2 weeks usually), they do this because there is really no other way to 'date' your pregnancy since while we may know when we ovulated, we don't know for sure when we conceived since the sperm lives for a while as does the egg. And a majority of women don't know when they ovulate but can usually guess about when they had their last period.

Niahm- I just took my last pregnancy test the other day!! LOL And I do check to make sure I am not bleeding evertime I pee!

Mrs.Wells- yay for the U/s!!! Super excited for you!!!

Shelleney- Bon fire night sounds so nice!!!

How is everyone feeling? I am been sooooooooooooo tired and pretty cranky lately. Other than that, I have been fine.

Woohoo, only 2 weeks til your US Mrs Wells! :yipee: Good luck!

Yes Niamh, I also look after the tissue every time I go to the toilet. I think I will do it every day until baby is here :wacko:

Superkat - Im also exhausted all day everyday. This growing a baby lark is tiring! :winkwink:

Hope you're all well :hi:
xx

Hi, you are definatly not alone, i have lost count of how many times i have took preg tests and i go to the toliet just to check TP. I really cant stand this waiting. Had a bit of a panic yesteday as i had lower back pain but that seems to have gone. I have a early scan on Friday morning but so scared! I hope you are all doing well! x

Thanks for adding my due date Mrs.Wells :hugs:

I've been feeling a bit rotten this week, not physically, just mentally/emotionally. Work is stressful and that's obviously not what i need right now on top of being newly pregnant after a miscarriage :dohh: i've just been feeling a bit overwhelmed by it all, but i've posted all about it in my journal so won't go on about it here too :blush:

I've been feeling better today though, less hormonal/weepy and a bit more positive. I saw the midwife on Monday and i have my proper "booking-in" appointment on the 7th March. Unfortunately i also found out on Monday that our local EPU have recently changed their policy re: early reassurance scans, and now only offer them if you've had 3 or more miscarriages, which means no early scan for me as i've "only" had two :nope: So after much deliberating we have booked a private scan for Monday afternoon at 6w3d. I was initially planning to hold out longer as i know the longer we wait the more chance we'll get a clear picture of what's going on in there and if the heart is beating etc but i also feel like my sanity is hanging in the balance a bit right now so in a way the sooner i can have some idea of if things are going to be ok (or not) then the better.

So i guess it's fingers crossed for Monday- eeeeeeek!!!!!!

I am due the 25th October :) Previous pregnancy MC at 9wk+4 so hoping for a sticky pumpkin.

hi everyone, I think I'm due oct 1st going by my lmp. so I'm 9weeks 1 day. doing good tired, feeling quesy, sore breasts all very reassuring. up untill 7 weeks I was very sick then I got a sore throat and was put on antibiotics, I also had a headache for a full week but after that my sickness eased up so not sure what to think now. Doc told me come in to see him if I get to 12 weeks for booking in app and he would talk to me about an early scan after that. so I suppose I'm just gonna have to sit it out for another 3 weeks. I m/c in august at 12 weeks so lets hope i get passed it this time.

fingers crossed for you littlebaby.

This thread has been very quiet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"