PAL - July 2012 babies

Yay for boy! I am going to be so disappointed if they won't tell me gender at my scan on Thursday!

hey ladies hope your all doing well :thumbup:

confused - congrats on having a boy!!! there seems to be a high volume of boys right now. Ive still got 4weeks to wait till we can find out, its taking forever lol.

Can i ask, is anyone else having days where you feel nervous and scared that something has went wrong even though nothing has happened to even make you think that???
Iam drving myself mad, i have days that i go about my daily things then i notice that i havent felt baby move which i "know" at this stage is really common not to feel it every day but that doesnt make a difference so i start to worry, i really fight against it though but it seems to be getting worse as my midwife appointment gets closer :dohh:. I bought a doopler the other day the summer prenatal listening system, only when you open it all up does it say to use fron 21weeks but i tried it anyway and i couldnt pick up anything and it really freaked me out. The reviews for it are rubbish, most people cant pick p heartbeat until 28weeks but say they hear baby moving and kicking before that. Iam so stupid, should never have bought one:dohh: I went out this morning, i had a few things to pick up and all the walking has aggravated my spd but i was so glad to feel that pain as strange as that sounds, it was kind of reasuring to have pregnancy related pain:blush:

Sorry for the rant, just had to get it out, i feel a bit stupid saying to anyone else, no one understands that hasnt had a loss. :hugs: xxx

hey ladies hope your all doing well :thumbup:

confused - congrats on having a boy!!! there seems to be a high volume of boys right now. Ive still got 4weeks to wait till we can find out, its taking forever lol.

Can i ask, is anyone else having days where you feel nervous and scared that something has went wrong even though nothing has happened to even make you think that???
Iam drving myself mad, i have days that i go about my daily things then i notice that i havent felt baby move which i "know" at this stage is really common not to feel it every day but that doesnt make a difference so i start to worry, i really fight against it though but it seems to be getting worse as my midwife appointment gets closer :dohh:. I bought a doopler the other day the summer prenatal listening system, only when you open it all up does it say to use fron 21weeks but i tried it anyway and i couldnt pick up anything and it really freaked me out. The reviews for it are rubbish, most people cant pick p heartbeat until 28weeks but say they hear baby moving and kicking before that. Iam so stupid, should never have bought one:dohh: I went out this morning, i had a few things to pick up and all the walking has aggravated my spd but i was so glad to feel that pain as strange as that sounds, it was kind of reasuring to have pregnancy related pain:blush:

Sorry for the rant, just had to get it out, i feel a bit stupid saying to anyone else, no one understands that hasnt had a loss. :hugs: xxx

Heavyheart, I know that feeling of nervousness so well..I think mommas with losses, all of them do feel that.

HH, I have days like that too. Thankfully, I bought a good doppler, where I heard the HB at 12 weeks. Can you purchase one the better dopplers? Mine is a Sonoline B. It totally gives me peace of mind.

Also, 16 weeks is very early to feel the baby move. With my first I didn't feel anything till 22 weeks. This time I'm just starting to feel the odd kick now.

HH- i think we all have those nervous days where we think everything is wrong i think that is to be expected for all of us who have had a loss. I agree if you are able to get a better doppler i have a sonotrax if i didn't have that i would panic every day but listening to baby every day puts my mind at rest it has been a huge stress reliever so i think that would help you a lot.

ASM- morning sickness has just left me in the past week which would have been great except i caught a nasty cold right away so i am hoping to get healthy this week and start to enjoy and get excited about this pregnancy. Just wondering does anyone else get a kind of throbbing pain in nether regions?(sorry tmi) i have bad sciatica pain so thinking its related to that as i only get the pain if i am on my feet for a while.
Does anyone else keep getting different dates every time you go for an ultrasound? the keep bouncing back and forth within 7 days i know its not much but some times baby measures to my dates and other times its 5-7 days off?

Mommy_k wouldnt worry about scans, been few days out. i find with different sonographers you will measure differently. my friend had 2 scans, with the second scan she was measuring 2 weeks out!!i paniced when she told me this and made her go get another scan and when she did she was measuring to date of 1st scan!! my scans (iv had 3) i have measured differently in all, just 3 days tho. hope your feeling better soon. My sickness has left and i feel great!!long may it last.

Had our 17 week scan yesterday, and after much stressing from me it all went well and baby was looking big and strong :thumbup: we were hoping to find out gender but baby was in a very awkward position - upside down, sideways with its legs crossed AND tucked behind it LOL! So they couldn't get a clear view :cry: 3 more weeks to wait!

I'm struggling still to bond and accept this pregnancy and was hoping once I knew what it was that that would come... But I'll wait I'm just so happy everything looked healthy :happydance:

Yay for a healthy scan! Sorry you couldn't see the gender but hopefully in three weeks time baby will be feeling more cooperative!

Collie - aw iam so glad your scan went well and baby is doing good :hugs::hugs:
Its totally understandable but dont be hard on yourself it will come in time. This is just your hearts way of protecting its self from the pain

I had an appiontment with the midwife today and got to here our babies heart beat :happydance::happydance: it was wonderful and reassuring after not finding it with my own doopler. Still having feelings of not complete acceptance or excitement yet either so dont feel alone xxx

Glad you got the reassurance of listening to the heartbeat - there is no sound quite like it :cloud9: I think you're right though - it is just a protection thing I am getting better though the further I get, but I'm glad to know I'm not the only one feeling this way... its just hard to imagine having an actual baby at the end of all this, its been such a journey!

Here is our 17 week scan - with baby doing a headstand :haha: The picture isnt as clear as our 14 week one right enough

Attachments

• 17weeks.jpg
    17weeks.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 4
hi everyone I had another scan yesterday and baby is doing good we are having another girl and Ill be 17 weeks tomorrow Im thinking Ive past the time my baby grew her wings since they estimated her to be 6oz and lily was just under 3oz when I had her but I had her at 17w4d so still 5 days until I pass that milestone Dr said baby was growing really well but he wants to see me every week until I get to about 22 23 weeks so Im just so nervous about it all right now! hope everyone is doing good :) pic of our baby girl Sophie is in my sig :cloud9:

Congrats on team :pink: :happydance:

We found out we are team :blue: tonight at a private gender scan :happydance: If I'm honest my emotions are mixed on it but more excited than anything :thumbup: I am just so glad that everything looks good and healthy so far :baby:

highkick18w.jpg

Baby doing a high kick!

We even got a 3D sneak peak of our little alien son :haha:
3d18w.jpg

OMG Collie those pics are awesome, the bottom one looks like he is seriously thinking about something!! Boys are sooooooo much fun.

Do we have a tally somewhere of pink blue and yellow?

yay for all the lovely scan pics!!

we have our gender scan tomorrow evening... getting so excited (and a little nervous if im honest... but am feeling little kicks).

Belly is getting big already... my avatar is my 16 week bump pic, taken on tues!! xxx

Hello! I'm new to this thread! I am due July 3! :thumbup: Find out the gender on the 15th!!!

welcome Oreo and congratulations!

Jox - awesome bump - very nice :)

Well I had my GTT today - soooooooooo not good, I have crap veins unless I am super hydrated and fed but with the fasting necessary we ended up getting blood from wrist and foot as well as arms! Ouch ouch ouch. Did OK at hospy, did some groceries on way home, got home, wigged out entirely, got the shakes, blurred vision, the sweats all not good, rammed in a bacon sandwich and a hot cross bun and a large glass of milk and then promptly passed out for almost 2 hours. I wonder if I had a hypo (sugar crash) and was actually unconscious. I have a major headache now and don't feel great at all, good news is feet swelling is down today, have air con on and have been flat out on couch so that probably helped.

Wow - your GTT sounded horrible! Hope you're feeling better today? Was there a particular reason you needed one?

Colie - great pics! I can imagine it's a bit strange being team blue after losing Emily :hugs: but wow a little boy - congratulations! I was convinced I was having a boy so when it turned out there was a girl in there it took a little getting used to! In the end just happy there's someone in there at all!!

Good luck today Jox - hope scan goes well

Welcome Oreo. I'm due on the 4th so pretty close to you!

Hope everyone else is well. I've started to feel a few wriggles and kicks now - the flutters have turned into little flicking feelings. It's a strange but amazing feeling that I never quite believed I'd get to feel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->