PAL March 2012- 5 Beautiful Girls and 5 Adorable Boys!!

I just realised i haven't posted here in ages. Much read back over the pages to catch up. Hope everyone is doing well?

Jax and I are doing great, he is waking at midnight, 4am, and between 6 -7 am. Big improvment on the almost every hour. I've started baby wearing, he wriggles a bit til we get outside, then falls asleep lol.

This is us today
552833_10151765366480344_907895343_24363635_88920020_n.jpg

This is him now
36631_10151750731030344_907895343_24309521_1677070109_a.jpg
540620_10151697434030344_907895343_24121163_43583886_n.jpg

He's gorgeous and baby wearing is looking good-so much easier!
I'm hideously jealous of you that are getting sleep!
Second jabs done here and nearly 13 weeks old. Getting re weighed on fri and still feeding -all the time!
Enjoying the weather!
Hope all are well.xx

He's so cute Wyntir :kiss:

J is now 8 weeks and weighs 12lbs. He goes to bed around 8.00pm until 3-4am and then straight back down until 7-8 so all good :thumbup:

Gs- that's amazing, and well done on 12lbs. after the night I've had I want to :cry: though! surely I'm not the only one who feeds every couple hours?!xxx

I'm pretty sure you aren't Cornish.....I suppose it's one of the things that comes with BF but obviously there are so many + points too. It's all swings and roundabouts in the end :hugs:

My head feels quite like a roundabout! Spinning in circles!!

Cornish I feel for you, at the beginning Jax was nursing every hour, then every two hours, we've finally got it extended

Wyn - cute pics, I must get mine it lOoks much easier to carry LO around.

Nsn not long to go now I'm so excited for u :happydance:

Cornish LO only started sleeping through last week after his injections I'm hoping the next set don't put him back. But Ethan feeds every 2hours in the day. Hope bubs sleeps more soon for you

Glow well done on weight that's amazing Ethan was 11.7 at 9 weeks. Xxx

Ah man your los seem to be sleeping better at 2 months than mine at 3! Rubbish! Please give me some tips/advice. Last night for example he fed at half 6, then half 7, sleepy so put him to bed. Woke and fed again at half 8, then half 11, 1, 3, 4.30 and awake at 5.30-fed and played until 7 when he went for an hour sleep. He will feed again at half 9. This sound similar? I know all babies are diff but I'm exhausted!

Hope baby doesn't stop sleeping after jabs -fxd!xx

Cornish, my first daughter was exactly the same way! I fed her every hour to two hours for months. I remember being so excited that I got 4 hours of sleep one night!! I know how lucky I am with Avery as she is such a great sleeper! She gets up once between 3 and 4 am, and then sleeps until 7am. About once a week she will sleep right through the night, but is up earlier....between 6 and 6:30. I really have no advice for you, because every baby is different. I truly hope he starts sleeping longer, as I know exactly how tired you are feeling right now.

So great to hear from all of you! We should all try to post more!

NSN, 28 Weeks!! :happydance:

Thank you addy, I know deep down its just him rather than anything I'm doing but suppose I was just hoping you'd give some magical advice!
So how is avery other than sleeping well?

I'm getting J weighed today! He is now reaching for toys and wants to be sat up loads, think lying down is boring! He has rolled a few times (and got stuck!).
Other than the sleep, all going fabulously!

Can I ask when people plan to wean? Any one doing baby led?x

Hi all.

Hope the babies start sleeping better soon! Verity is such a good sleeper at night, she goes from 7.45 to 5.30 then goes back off to 8.30/9 am so cant complain at all! she doesnt really sleep during the day though just 2 30 min naps or 3/4 10 min ones! so shes really grumpy just before bed!
we had a while where she wasnt feeding very well and only put on 1lb over 4 weeks so hv sent us to hospital. the doc said shes fine though and just finding her own weight line. but she would feed for 1 min then scream and not want to go back on, but now she is on refux med and colief and since then she has feed feeding like a star and put on lots of weight. we are still dairy free put going to try little bits of daiy soon and see if it ok!

cornish- rolling allready, wow.
verity has no interrest in rolling, she doesnt like being on her tummy so i dont think shes in any hurry!
I think she may be starting to teeth, she is v dribbly and chomping on her hand all day.

cant believe she will be 3 months tomorrow, where has the time gone!!

Hope everyone is well? xx

Cornish my only advice to you is this ( BF for 8 months last time)

Every time he feeds with such short intervals he is only taking a small amount and not really increasing your supply, so he's snacking little and often. I would be tempted to try and get him to go 3 hours in between feeds and let your supply build up in between so he then actually has a proper feed rather than a snack. Obviously this can be really difficult as it might involve a couple of days of him being a bit unsettled and you being frazzled :wacko: Once he has managed to go 3 hours and then fed he should in theory take enough to last him longer and also increase your supply for the next feed. It's easier to do this by writing it down and even just try it for 24 hours not easy I know when you also have a toddler but certainly easier for you long term :winkwink:

We've still got a good routine going, usually last feed between 7.30 -9.00pm and then just up once through the night between 2-4am. He's really good then as seems to realise it's just a quick feed and change and he goes straight back down without a peep :thumbup:

Thanks for the advice, will give it a go. He does snack a lot! But gets distracted too! He weighed In at 14lb 13 and happy on 70th percentile.
Ss he only rolled a couple of times and seems to have stopped, he was drawing his knees up then going sideways! He's managed to go backwards by digging his heels in too!

GS, that is really good advice. I had the same trouble with my first daughter. She would eat small amounts often. She also seemed to get more of the first milk, and not the good thick stuff!

Hope things get better Cornish, and let us know how things go!

He's obviously getting plenty then :haha: because he's a big boy...it could also be that he is increasing your supply ready for a growth spurt but that should only last a few days really and not weeks.
It's just to try and get you more sleep really and stop the snacking. Hope it works and you get some proper :sleep: a block of 3-4 hours or more makes you feel so much better :thumbup:

I tried giving it a go and was up several times to give him his dummy to tide him over till the 3 hrs. After that feed I lost track of time and feeds as was a bit tired-and ds1 was up as had an accident! Tonight I've told oh he is to get up every time until its feed time-he sleeps through normally!
So will let you know tmrw!

The injections started Ethan to sleep through, I was dreading them too. But that night onwards he sleeps through and doing 8:30-6. I am worried though its such a long time but he does feed every 2 hours in day. Anyway I have also found keeping him amused more in the day has helped too, he does sometimes whimper in the night for a couple of minutes but ignore it and he goes back to sleep. Hope you manage to get a good night sleep xxxx

The weight gain is fab!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->