PAL- May 2012 babies

Semanthia hope everything is ok and the bleeding stops, I know its worrisome but my best friend who also has a loss had bright red bleeding towards the end of 1st tri and she is now 8months along....just relax and explain everything at the app hopefully its as bananaz says. :hugs:
Do the Suppositories make you sick at all? so far i have not had any side effects from them except excessive thirst? im on 10mg 2x a day

Yavvy & Bananaz congrats on the great scans and HB is a great sound to hear isnt it though:thumbup:

Semanthia - I hope that your appointment went well and that all is ok.

Yay for all the scans, I cant wait for mine, it still seems ages away.

Hope all you girls are ok. I have had no real nausea/sickness since the weekend, I am constantly worrying, thinking its too early for it to stop!! Why do we worry about everything?
Love to you all xx

Hi Ladies,

I am due at the end of May and have my 8 wk scan tomorrow morning. I am really excited, but I'm also freaking out. When we had the first ultrasound with my first baby (at 14 wks), our excitement turned to terror in a matter of minutes. We thought everything looked perfect and were amazed to see baby's heart beating, but the doctor saw something different, a large cystic hygroma. That day marked the beginning of a long nightmare. I know the chances of this baby having something wrong are slim to none, but I can't help but worry. Just the idea of this appointment brings back so many bad memories. I know I'm going to be a total wreck. That said, I hope to have good news to share tomorrow - and a nice scan pic!

Hi everyone :flower:

Was looking for a PAL May thread a while ago so glad to see this here today :thumbup:!!

I am currently 11+5 (ish) after m/c at 15 wks in June. Like everyone else I am extremely anxious and nervous most of the time!! Had a couple of early scans and have my dating scan and consultant appt on Monday (can't wait, it will be almost 3 wks since I was scanned last) so hoping and praying all will be well.

I did something i said I wasn't going to do last week and got a doppler (rented off the internet) - I was so worried when we first used it but we found the hb pretty much straight away which felt great. I'm trying to limit using it to a couple of times a week as its pretty addictive!! Is anyone else using one???

Semanthia - hoping all went well for you today :hugs:

tootsiegb - I haven't had much nausea since 10 wks which really worried me as well and is the reason I got a doppler! I'm still feeling quite tired and maybe get a tiny bit of nausea now and again. Have all your early symptoms eased off now?? All I do is worry - its driving me mad!!

Carry xxx

Hi All!!

Totsie & Carry my symptoms are on and off so i cant really say they have worn off, Its been 2 weeks since my last scan and only having the next one end of next week...hoping all is still well with the baby.

Sunny so sorry to hear about your loss...hoping this time you get good news .....

I had my appointment yesterday and my doctor sent me to get an ultrasound and everything is fine. Baby is measuring where he/she should be and had hb of 188. I didn't really get any answers about the bleeding I had and as for the other thing that was going on down there that just went away and my doctor didn't seem worried about it.

sunbaby777 I hope your scan today goes well!! It is hard to not fear the past, try and stay positive! I hope you get some relief from todays ultrasound.

Carry22 My appointment went well yesterday!! I hope everything is great for you Monday! I just ordered a doppler online this morning!! I am so excited!!

Carry/Shangeas,
yes my symptoms have gone, but really my only symptom was the sickness. I am still weeing quite a lot, and i can feel my uterus just above my pubic bone so i take that as a good sign.
I have never had sore boobs, and they havent grown yet, poor dh its all he is looking forward to haha.
I haver felt a little bit nauseas a few times over the last week but nothing compared to how it was. I am still very tired too.

Roll on the 1st November for my scan.

Sunnybaby, I am sure all will be fine, I hope the scan went well x

Hope you girls are ok love to you all xxx

I had my appointment yesterday and my doctor sent me to get an ultrasound and everything is fine. Baby is measuring where he/she should be and had hb of 188. I didn't really get any answers about the bleeding I had and as for the other thing that was going on down there that just went away and my doctor didn't seem worried about it.

That's awesome! A very strong heartbeat too. I can't imagine how relieved you are.

semanthia im so happy your pregnant! i remember you from second tri losses!!!!
im currently 8 weeks pregnant as well and due in may:):):) and have my first scan next week... im petrified of everything and i swear every morning i wake up th first thing i do is poke my boobs to see if they are still sore lol.. my symptoms seem to be coming and going this week but im really trying to stay positive and healthy for this little one.

heres hoping to all our sticky beans xxxx

semanthia im so happy your pregnant! i remember you from second tri losses!!!!
im currently 8 weeks pregnant as well and due in may:):):) and have my first scan next week... im petrified of everything and i swear every morning i wake up th first thing i do is poke my boobs to see if they are still sore lol.. my symptoms seem to be coming and going this week but im really trying to stay positive and healthy for this little one.

heres hoping to all our sticky beans xxxx

I remember you from second tri. losses also. I am so glad that you are pregnant again! It looks like we will be due close in dates! I hope everything goes well. H&H 9 months!! I am so nervous about this pregnancy my blood pressure sky rockets when I fear something is wrong. I'm suppose to be working on that... I have also been experiencing "phantom smells" from when I lost my daughter. For example I'll be driving somewhere (not just in the car) and will suddenly smell the doctors office (my old doctor) or the hospital or just a random smell. It completely takes me back to that painful place. I haven't experienced this until just recently.

Hey everyone, hope you are all well. Glad your appointment went well Semanthia!!!

As for me, well I had a wee bit of a scare today :wacko:

I'm 12 wks now and I've had quite a bit of discharge for a few weeks now, mostly creamy white but at times yellow/green. I was a bit concerned about it so had a swab done last week which came back negative for infections so that's good news. But today I had a bit of brown discharge - not much but definitely brown. I haven't had any brown / bleeding this whole pregnancy.

I'm totally freaking out now as when I had my m/c in June (at 15wks) I'd had brown discharge and bleeding since week 5.

I used my doppler today to settle my mind a bit and found heartbeat no problem and it was at a good rate (150) but I'm still really worried. I have my scan and consultant appt on monday (thank god!!)

Has anyone experienced brown discharge for the first time this late in first trimester??

Extra info: I have also been suffering from a really bad headache for about 2 days now which doesn't seem to be easing off and I had the flu jab on Thursday.

Can anyone help??

Carry I'm sorry to hear that you're worried but I'm sure everything is ok (I know easier said than done) I really dont know if the headaches have anything to do with the discharge but i have had headaches yesterday and today that feel like a head cold sooooo i hope you feel better....good luck on you scan Monday. I have a NT scan Tuesday :)

Hi, girls - I'm so sorry for all your losses... but thrilled that everyone has another little one on the way!!

After six first-tri miscarriages and no living children yet, we are 12w4d pregnant with what seems to be a healthy growing baby!! We got to see the little one on ultrasound on Friday, and she (??) really showed off for us... starting with the cutest huge leap in the womb, then playing with her hands, then sucking her thumb. This baby is already SOOO adorable!!! All measurements were perfect (she is measuring two days ahead... what an odd feeling to have a baby measuring ahead instead of far behind!!). All our doctors believe this baby is going to make it!!

Hey everyone - thought I'd give an update on my situation after my post on sat.

Well unfortunately I woke up yesterday morning with quite a heavy bleed and passed a large clot. As I'm sure you can imagine - I had a complete breakdown and thought, this is it happening all over again and I just cannot go through this :cry:

I spent most of yesterday in hospital and bleeding has totally calmed down to just brown when I wipe. I had a scan to check baby yesterday and I also went for my 12 wk dating scan today. The sonographer found the bit of blood on the scan and said its nothing to worry about and that its just due to the placenta embedding into the wall of the uterus. Does this sound right to everyone??? I also seen my consultant who did a transvaginal scan as well just to reassure us that all was looking ok from that side as well. He said to expect the brown stuff for more than a few days and then it should settle and to go back if it turns bright red and fresh again. Has anyone else experienced / heard of this kind of bleed??

On the plus side I had 2 scans (yesterday and today) and baby was VERY active at both - bouncing around all over the place!! When the sonographer was trying to reassure me today the funniest thing happened - the baby gave a big thumbs up on the screen as if to say "I'm fine mum" :thumbup: and I'm measuring ahead of what I thought - 13 wks today.

It is very reassuring to have seen baby looking so well but the bleeding gave me such a scare and reminded me that I have no control over anything - all we can do is hope and pray!!

Hope you are all well :hugs:

Poodlemommy - welcome!! So happy you had a good scan :happydance: your baby sounds like mine being so active and showing off and measuring ahead!! Here's hoping for a happy ending for us :hugs:

welcome poodle,
glad to hear of your good news.

Carry, I am sure that if the consultants arent worried that all will be fine. I bet it scared the life out of you, it would me!!! You would jusy not expect to bleed like that so far on.
Fingers crossed for you that all will be well now.

I am so looking forward to my scan a week 2moro. It cant come quick enough!! Like poodle I am worried about it.

Love to you all xx

Hi, girls - I'm so sorry for all your losses... but thrilled that everyone has another little one on the way!!

After six first-tri miscarriages and no living children yet, we are 12w4d pregnant with what seems to be a healthy growing baby!! We got to see the little one on ultrasound on Friday, and she (??) really showed off for us... starting with the cutest huge leap in the womb, then playing with her hands, then sucking her thumb. This baby is already SOOO adorable!!! All measurements were perfect (she is measuring two days ahead... what an odd feeling to have a baby measuring ahead instead of far behind!!). All our doctors believe this baby is going to make it!!

I am so glad things are looking good for you and your little one!! Congrats!!

Hey everyone - thought I'd give an update on my situation after my post on sat.

Well unfortunately I woke up yesterday morning with quite a heavy bleed and passed a large clot. As I'm sure you can imagine - I had a complete breakdown and thought, this is it happening all over again and I just cannot go through this :cry:

I spent most of yesterday in hospital and bleeding has totally calmed down to just brown when I wipe. I had a scan to check baby yesterday and I also went for my 12 wk dating scan today. The sonographer found the bit of blood on the scan and said its nothing to worry about and that its just due to the placenta embedding into the wall of the uterus. Does this sound right to everyone??? I also seen my consultant who did a transvaginal scan as well just to reassure us that all was looking ok from that side as well. He said to expect the brown stuff for more than a few days and then it should settle and to go back if it turns bright red and fresh again. Has anyone else experienced / heard of this kind of bleed??

On the plus side I had 2 scans (yesterday and today) and baby was VERY active at both - bouncing around all over the place!! When the sonographer was trying to reassure me today the funniest thing happened - the baby gave a big thumbs up on the screen as if to say "I'm fine mum" :thumbup: and I'm measuring ahead of what I thought - 13 wks today.

It is very reassuring to have seen baby looking so well but the bleeding gave me such a scare and reminded me that I have no control over anything - all we can do is hope and pray!!

Hope you are all well :hugs:

Poodlemommy - welcome!! So happy you had a good scan :happydance: your baby sounds like mine being so active and showing off and measuring ahead!! Here's hoping for a happy ending for us :hugs:

When I first started reading this and saw the "unfortunately..." my heart sank but I had a smile on my face by the end of your update! That is GREAT news!!
I had a lot of bright red blood with my first pregnancy (in first trimester) but my crappy doctor didn't seem to care enough to look into it. I had a bit of bright red with this pregnancy (scared me) but the ultrasound tech didn't really say much (she seemed put out by having to squeeze me in) so I don't have answers. However seeing a healthy baby with a heartbeat and measuring appropriate is good enough for me :)
At least you were given a reason and they aren't worried about it. Boo for pregnancy scares! YAY for healthy baby!!

Hello and welcome Poodle! Carry im happy that everything turned out for the good. You had me going there for a second.....congrats! Well tomorrow is my NT scan and crossing my fingers that all goes well. Will keep you guys updated and hopefully we have nothing but good news with all the ladies here on PAL May 2012 and we all have happy and healthy 9 months!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->