PAL- May 2012 babies

Received my doppler today YAY!!! I tried it out this evening and I think it's too early :-( However after about 15 minutes I think I might have found it but it was so faint that the white noise was louder than the heartbeat. So I will probably give it another try in a couple days (I would say a week but I know I won't last that long LOL).
I hope all is well!!

Semanthia - I had quite a lot of bleeding in my last pregnancy as well which didn't end well so when I seen the blood on Sunday I couldn't help but think that things were going the same way. I hope that this is just a one-off this time! I still have brown old blood when I wipe which turned into stringy kind of mucus last night but trying not to panic unless it turns red again.

You said you had a bleed in this pregnancy as well - how far along were you when it happened?? I'm lucky to have been seeing a really great lady at my EPU in this pregnancy and she was more than happy to investigate where the blood was coming from. But I was the same as you last time - I bled so many times and nobody seemed bothered about it :growlmad:

I've also got a doppler. I found the hb pretty much straight away (just above the hairline) and that was at about 10+4 so maybe you are a wee bit early. Don't panic though!! What kind of doppler is it?? Each time I've used mine I've had a full bladder so think that helps. I know what you mean about trying to wait a week before using it again - its so addictive when you get one. I just had my scan yesterday and I want to use mine already to check on baby :haha:

Lazandkiko - Thanks :hugs: I hope you're scan goes well today, let us know asap!!

Hi Ladies
just popping in to say hi again and see how you are all doing?
I also had quite a bit of bleeding with this preganncy, turns out it was twins but one was a blighted ovum, so lets hope that was what was causing all the probs and that the other bub is fine. Has a scan a week ago and all looked ok. My 12 week scan is on Monday, so a little apprehensive about that.

Semanthia - i've been using my doppler for past few weeks im quite impatient but finally found my babies heartbeat for the first time at 10 weeks exactly but not for long think i've got a right little wriggler lol same the day after then saturday i found it and it was really strong and long enough for hubby to record on his phone, it took about 20- 25 mins to find, found it easier to lay down and watch tv but turned down so you can still hear doppler seems to pass the time a little lol xx

Received my doppler today YAY!!! I tried it out this evening and I think it's too early :-( However after about 15 minutes I think I might have found it but it was so faint that the white noise was louder than the heartbeat. So I will probably give it another try in a couple days (I would say a week but I know I won't last that long LOL).
I hope all is well!!

I just got my doppler a few days ago and the first time I tried it I had no luck, but today I pulled it out again (I promised myself I would wait a week too lol) and found the heartbeat after about 5 minutes! My cheapo doppler wasn't picking up all the beats so its reading wasn't accurate but I counted twice and got 174bpm both times :D

For me I think the biggest problem was my own heartbeat getting in the way, and also I didn't realize how faint baby's heartbeat would be or that there would really only be one good angle to hear it. I'm sure that in a few weeks it will be easier for both of us.

Semanthia - I had quite a lot of bleeding in my last pregnancy as well which didn't end well so when I seen the blood on Sunday I couldn't help but think that things were going the same way. I hope that this is just a one-off this time! I still have brown old blood when I wipe which turned into stringy kind of mucus last night but trying not to panic unless it turns red again.

You said you had a bleed in this pregnancy as well - how far along were you when it happened?? I'm lucky to have been seeing a really great lady at my EPU in this pregnancy and she was more than happy to investigate where the blood was coming from. But I was the same as you last time - I bled so many times and nobody seemed bothered about it :growlmad:

I've also got a doppler. I found the hb pretty much straight away (just above the hairline) and that was at about 10+4 so maybe you are a wee bit early. Don't panic though!! What kind of doppler is it?? Each time I've used mine I've had a full bladder so think that helps. I know what you mean about trying to wait a week before using it again - its so addictive when you get one. I just had my scan yesterday and I want to use mine already to check on baby :haha:

Lazandkiko - Thanks :hugs: I hope you're scan goes well today, let us know asap!!

I completely understand assuming the worse especially when you experienced the worst in the past. I had really light spotting the end of my 6th week but my doctor thinks that might have been from my progesterone suppositories. Then I had bright red, more than just spotting towards the end of my 7th week. Both times I assumed I was miscarrying but the ultrasound showed that baby was just fine. I am hoping and praying to not have another incident.

I have the Sonoline B 3mhz doppler. I'll have to try the full bladder tip.

Hello ladies. My NT scan went very good! Measurements were good according to the tech. I measured 11 weeks and 5 days which is off by a day! Heard and saw the heat beatingvand it was 166 bpm!! Im soooo happy. The tech was very nice and gave me 4 photos and a cd. My anatomy scan was scheduled for December 13 when im 18 weeks and 6 days....yay! Just waiting on my blood work and hopefully it turns out just a good as the ultrasound. Hoping you ladies have a positive outcome too!!!

Hello ladies. My NT scan went very good! Measurements were good according to the tech. I measured 11 weeks and 5 days which is off by a day! Heard and saw the heat beatingvand it was 166 bpm!! Im soooo happy. The tech was very nice and gave me 4 photos and a cd. My anatomy scan was scheduled for December 13 when im 18 weeks and 6 days....yay! Just waiting on my blood work and hopefully it turns out just a good as the ultrasound. Hoping you ladies have a positive outcome too!!!

YAY!! That is great!! :happydance:

Sementhia ...glad you ad a god scan and everything is still on track and going well

Carry Im so glad to hear everything went well despite the bleed.

Laz That is fantastic news happy for you

Claire....wishing you all the best of luck for Monday and praying the baby will be ok

Poodle yeay for for you and acrobatic baby, so glad everyone is having good scans and good news.

Going for my 12 week scan on friday hoping for the best too....but i have a good feeling about this baby

I found baby's heartbeat this morning!!:happydance: I am so excited!! It was so clear and loud there was no doubt. Baby moved a few times but I was able to follow him/her and it lasted long enough for me to grab my phone and record it for the Grandparents and Aunt and Uncle.

We haven't told very many people just a few close family members so sometimes it feels like my only excitement outlet is here. So thanks for listening to me yammer on about baby's heartbeat :)

:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

I'm nervous again... I went to the bathroom and had a tinsy bit of brown. I then whipped out my doppler and searched for baby's heart and I found it after a few seconds loud and clear again. Even though I heard baby's heartbeat (twice today) I am still nervous. I was starting to get excited... I have been too scared that if I get excited something bad will happen and every time I start to get excited I am reminded of that fear. My doctor is about 3 hours from where I live ( I stay at my parents when I need to) so I am going to just keep an eye on things and try to see my doctor Monday.

Oh Sementhia i hope everything is ok, those nasty browns and pinks are scary i know but be comforted that its old blood when its brown. So stay off your feet and take it easy:hugs:

Hey semanthia

How's the "brown stuff" - has it gone away??

I know how you feel - I had a tiny bit of brown last sat, followed by a bleed and a few more days of brown. Its stopped now so hoping that's it gone for good! I've been using doppler every day this week and have found hb every time so trying to be positive but its just so hard!!!

Think positive thoughts xxx

So far no more "brown stuff" and I am hoping and praying that there is no more. I keep checking for baby's heartbeat and it is where it should be (bpm wise) so I don't feel as scared. I'm still trying to decide if I should go see my doctor about it. I have an appointment in the beginning of November.

I hope everything is going well for everyone!

Hi all

im new to bnb and im currently 13 wks pregnant. my due date is 2nd may i have 2 beautiful boys and have had 2 mc. since i found out i was pregnant 8 wks ago iv had numerous bleeds so i know how u feel about checking each time you go to the loo. i hope and pray that everyone has a happy and healthy pregnancy and look foward to chatting with you all xx

hi cathreina welcome!! :flower:

Hi ladies, so i had my appointment on da 31st for my 12 week scan and everything is going excellent I was supposed to be 12+3 and scan showed baby to be 13+4 and HB was 157bpm im finally starting to relax now that im in 2nd trimester....wishing all a safe passage with our lil bundles to the rest of the trimesters pics attached
:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

Attachments

• IMG00329-20111031-1210.jpg
    IMG00329-20111031-1210.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG00330-20111031-1211.jpg
    IMG00330-20111031-1211.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 6
shangeas That is GREAT news!! Congrats! I am glad the second trimester is bringing you comfort.

Shangeas congrats!!!!!!! Those are lovely pics...we're almost to the 2nd trimester!!!!

How is everyone doing?

I have the NT scan a week from today and am nervous and excited. I am curious to see what the length of my cervix is compared to my first pregnancy and I hope everything is going well in there.
Then I'll probably be getting the cerlage put in the following week. I am very nervous about that but I am willing to do whatever I have to for baby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->