PAL- May 2012 babies

Hello ladies! I hope everyone is doing well.

I am back in the hospital and bored out of my gourd! I had an ultrasound which showed my cervix shortened to 10mm and is starting to open a tiny bit. So I was put on indocin again and they gave me betamethasone injections. They also did the fetal fibronectin test and it came back positive which really doesn't mean too much because a negative result is really all that tells them anything for sure. Oh an I failed my one hour gluclose test so Saturday I have to do the 3 hour one but they want to make sure the steroids are out of my system first other wise I won't get accurate results.
My doctor wants to me make it to 34 weeks and that's my goal. But my first little goal is 30 weeks which is about a week and half away.

I am back in the hospital and bored out of my gourd! I had an ultrasound which showed my cervix shortened to 10mm and is starting to open a tiny bit. So I was put on indocin again and they gave me betamethasone injections. They also did the fetal fibronectin test and it came back positive which really doesn't mean too much because a negative result is really all that tells them anything for sure. Oh an I failed my one hour gluclose test so Saturday I have to do the 3 hour one but they want to make sure the steroids are out of my system first other wise I won't get accurate results.
My doctor wants to me make it to 34 weeks and that's my goal. But my first little goal is 30 weeks which is about a week and half away.

Aw, that is rough, hang in there! You have already made it so far, and even if your LO was born today (which of course let's hope she isn't) the odds would be overwhelmingly in favor of her not only surviving but doing so without significant problems later on. So that is definitely something to celebrate! Now tell her to get comfy and stay put for another 6 weeks :haha:

Hi ladies

I'm afraid I dont venture into PAL very often so haven't found you before now :blush:

I am expecting our first baby after a mmc a year ago, edd is 31st May :cloud9:

I hope you are all doing okay (I'm afraid I haven't read all pages) and Samanthia I hope your LO stays put for another few weeks yet :thumbup:

Hello,

My little one is due May 1st :winkwink:i have never posted on here before!!!

6 Weeks & 5 days left :)

Hey all,

Happy to hear we still progressing with this journey almost there now its a bit scary to me as a new mom....how is everyone feeling?

Sementhia we were praying baby makes it past 28 weeks and now we are on to the next milestone, hang in there that LO is a fighter !:flower:

Wanna say helloo to all the new mom-to-be's on this thread, wishing all the best as we deliver these precious miracles!!:happydance:

Hello ladies just checking in to see how everyone is doing and hopefully everyone is still pregnant and waiting for their bundle of joy :) As for me I have about 34 days left and I'm sooooo ready not ready for him to come yet because i want to be able to take him home when my baby arrives. I hope all is well and hope to hear from some of you guys soon.

Everything is fine here. I have my baby shower this weekend and we've already gotten quite a few gifts, which is fun and scary at the same time. There is still soooo much to do before LO arrives, I am exhausted just thinking about it! Hope everyone else is doing well :) I'm excited to start seeing baby pics in this thread soon!

I hope all you ladies are doing great! I can't wait to hear about the arrivals of all the LO's.
I am still going and still on the dreaded bedrest. At 37 weeks my cerclage comes out and I can stop bedrest. I am so excited to meet my LO.

Hello ladies......here I am at 37 weeks and 2 days with about 19 days left and FULL TERM!
Also feeling braxton hicks contractions right now as i type this. Wasn't able to sleep much because they were painful enough to wake me up. I hope all is well with everyone and looking forward to seeing and hearing about our May babies arrivals!!!

Hey ladies I hope everyone is doing well. I am in labor and delivery waiting to see what happens. I went to my NST and was contracting every 3-4 mins and was 4cm dilated. So I was admitted and they noticed part of my cerclage had torn through so they removed it and now we are just seeing if I progress into labor or if I can go home until either my water breaks or my contractions get worse.

Hey ladies I hope everyone is doing well. I am in labor and delivery waiting to see what happens. I went to my NST and was contracting every 3-4 mins and was 4cm dilated. So I was admitted and they noticed part of my cerclage had torn through so they removed it and now we are just seeing if I progress into labor or if I can go home until either my water breaks or my contractions get worse.

Wow, good luck! I hope everything goes smoothly for you. And congrats on making it to 36 weeks!! :happydance:

good look semanthia hope everything goes smoothly, yey for making it to 36 weeks :happydance:

Thanks! I'm very excited I made it this far. I'm still 4cm, my contractions are only a little uncomfortable and they aren't regular. I may be sent home.

Hello Ladies!
I had Braeden May 3rd 2012 at 36 weeks and 3 days. I am in love! My husband and I are so blessed to have our little miracle.
They decided to induce me on the 2nd because they were worried my water would break and because his head wasn't down far enough that the cord would slip through first (prolapsed cord). I spent Wednesday morning to Thursday morning in labor but it wasn't doing anything, I was stuck at 6 cm and baby hadn't moved down any further so they took me off pitocin and had me shower, eat and nap and then started it again at 10am Thursday. At 4pm baby was down further but I was still at 6cm so they broke my water and I instantly started getting horrible contractions with 15 mins I was at 9cm and it went quickly after that. He was out shortly at 5pm! He didn't cry but was very alert. They tried pinching him to get him to cry and hr just barely made a peep. His eyes where going around the room following sounds. I can't wait to hear everyone's birth story! Good luck ladies.

Congratulations, Semanthia!! I am so happy for you. Enjoy your sweet little boy :hugs:

congratulations semanthia :) how much did the little man weigh? enjoy him the time flys lol x

Congratulations Semanthia please add pics soon x

Well havent been on in FOREVER! I found out when i went to the doctor on April 10th that I was dilated to a 4 and was 75% and my braxton hicks were in fact REAL! I was only 33 weeks. So i was put on a medication and while waiting in line at the pharmacy for it I indeed felt more intense contractions and pressure! So I left and went straight to the ER and I was contracting every 2 minutes!!! :/ By the time my doctor arrived I was starting to progress a little more so they started me on magnesium and betamethazone shots to develop her lungs and try to stop labor! But my doctor in Bartlesville doesnt take preemie babies born before 35weeks. So they called the hospitals in Tulsa to transfer me but they wouldnt until my contractions were more spread out, so they then upped my magnesium (which sucked) and finally got me trasnfered to St. Johns! By the time I got there and was rechecked they stated i was at a 4.5 and was 75% effaced with a bulging bag. they did an ultrasound which made her measure 4.12lbs. Magnesium was slowing labor but my cervix was still thinning, so they told us to expect a baby within 48hrs. (WOW right). So here we are rushing like fools! They gave me another shot the next day and took me off of magnesium so we could just go on with the labor process. Needless to stay IT STOPPED! My contractions were irregular and my body was staying put! YAY. They told me that my water could break anytime, etc. But i infact stayed in the hospital anther week, and i then noticed ITCHING AND ITCHING in my palms and feet. I told the doc and they ordered a series of bloodtests and a few days later confirmed I had Cholestasis of Pregnancy! SCARY. My gullbladder was secreting bile into my blood and making me toxic so they scheduled me for induction at 36 weeks. But 2 days before the induction.... they rescheduled it for that morning! Oh ya freaked me out i thought i had a lil more time to prepare. So on April 27th they transfered me back to L&D and started Pitocin (which i didnt want) to kick start my labor wince i thickened up a lil bit! & My contractions werent getting any more regular so once I was thinned out enough at 3:45pm THEY BROKE MY WATER! && Thats when it all started! My contractions went into overdrive. & They rechecked me and said your at a 6-7 and almost fully effaced. So im like ok about another hour and a half til shes here, NOT! She had other plans! 15mins later I felt that oh soo well known (if youve had a child before) POOP FEELING! And I had to push! I called the nurses and dr came in and they were getting ready and trying to calm me down (BTW I do unmedicated natural deliveries, so ya slightly painful) and BAM part of her head was out and a few pushes later, Presaya Tamera Kay Miller was born Apirl 27th, 2012 @ 4:29pm! Weighing 6lbs 3 oz (she had retained alot of water) and was 18 1/4inches long! When she was born she had trouble breathing so was transfered to NICU where they found her heartrate extremely high and her oxygen was low and her bilirubin levels were high! After getting over all of it we had a 8 day stay in the NICU and we brought her home 5-5-12! Shes now 14 days old and FLOURISHING!!!!
Me in Labor!
https://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/485663_10150728995158043_592963042_9692093_1726647551_n.jpg
First Time holding my daughter
540369_10150729579363043_592963042_9693906_1185661824_n.jpg

My daughter in the NICU!
389341_10150733055728043_592963042_9705900_1066622866_n.jpg

Her now! Presaya. :)
581535_10150785827283043_592963042_9754506_1352979268_n.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members