PAL Winter 2010/2011 Mummies Group

Aw fingers crossed Lou! All sounds extremely promising!

Also Lou, been meaning to ask. As Archie weighed 4kg I've got to have a GTT this time around. What do you think the chance are of me developing GD?? I'm a bit clueless about the whole subject to be honest.

Oh my! Good luck, Triple! Happy birthday as well! xx

Kimmy, I had GD with both boys. I don't think having a big baby means you are at risk for GD. I managed my GD so well that they reduced my meds with ds2 and he was larger than Liam. I would try not to stress over it until you get the GTT back. xx

Totally agree with wish, big baby is not a good indicator alone. The other risk factors e.g. family history of diabetes (as in my case), maternal BMI over 30 etc are better. Also, even women with GD have small/average sized babies every day! Don't worry, chances are you'll be fine.

X

Ah brilliant! Luckily I don't have any direct relatives with diabetes (except for a maternal uncle, but thats not classed as a direct relative is it?) and my bmi on getting pregnant was 21.9. However, I do tend to put a lot of weight on during pregnancy. Should I try to be more strict with myself? Or will it not make much difference?

Good luck for Thursday Triple and happy birthday, congrats to everyone else expecting, I'm going to be an auntie again :)

hope these babies that are due show their faces soon ladies :D

SEA34 congratulations on being an auntie again :D

Waiting patiently for news, Louise!

Congratulations on team :blue: Kimmeh! Archie will love a brother! :cloud9:

Thanks Choolip :) still need it confirming at 20 week scan but there was a definite bulge! The sonographer was as certain as he can be at that stage. Very excited for Arch to have a little brother :cloud9: Although hubby has said he would like a 3rd now incase we get a girl the third time :shock: erm, no way buggerlugs! This is my last baby for sure.

Can't wait to hear from Louise!!

OMG I did it (and I'm never doing it again!). William James was born at 8.50pm (BY VBAC!) weighing in at an eye-watering 9lbs 1oz. Went from 5cm to birth in an hour (******* Synto drip) and took 1.5.hours to sew me back up. I was rather idiotic and refused everything but gas & air, jeez it hurt! Anyway he is a beautiful boy, looks just like his big sister when he cries and has a rather purple head from the speed of delivery! Will post some pics tomorrow, when they might let me home! X

Well done Triple so glad you got your VBAC and welcome to William :) ouch on the stiches x

Congratulations mama! WOW vbac and an awesome size, you are a SUPERSTAR!

Welcome to the world William <3

Thumper should be here today too, Jo is 5mins apart :happydance:

MASSIVE HUGS Louise! Xxx

Well done Louise! Bloody hell, you deserve some kind of medal! You absolute superstar. Can't wait to see pics. I hope you're really proud of yourself :)

Now, come on thumper!!

TripleB well done triple. i know the feeling of a big weight you don't beleive them when they first tell you do you.

Hope thumper comes soon for you jo.

I am having a brown type bleed, hoping it could just be the hematoma sorting itself out but worrying a bit. got a scan tomorrow to see if all is ok

I'm sure it's just the haematoma creeping out babes. FX for you xx

Thanks ladies, i ended up going in today as i started cramping. They have no idea why this is 3rd bout of cramping and i didn't get told why i had bleed but baby had heartbeat this time :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->