PAL Winter Babies 2010/11 - ** Waiting impatiently for our remaining babies! **

Great rising numbers Kirstie!

Yeah I was focussing on the rarity of MMCs.... in the sense that only a scan diagnoses it. I'm less scared of starting to bleed than I am of blissful ignorance. I was the same last time, hence the two private scans.

True, 25% of pregnancies end in MC - but the vast majority of these are prior to 5 weeks. There's a good stats thread going in 1st Tri at the mo. My preggo-day-by-day book says at 6w your risk has fallen to 15%. If you see a HB at 8w it falls to just 3%. That is my next milestone. Then the scary skull-check at 12w..

Kate - :yipee: for nausea!

Kimini - sorry you're feeling low babes. Pregnancy is bound to upset you mate xx

Great rising numbers Kirstie!

Yeah I was focussing on the rarity of MMCs.... in the sense that only a scan diagnoses it. I'm less scared of starting to bleed than I am of blissful ignorance. I was the same last time, hence the two private scans.

True, 25% of pregnancies end in MC - but the vast majority of these are prior to 5 weeks. There's a good stats thread going in 1st Tri at the mo. My preggo-day-by-day book says at 6w your risk has fallen to 15%. If you see a HB at 8w it falls to just 3%. That is my next milestone. Then the scary skull-check at 12w..

Kimini - sorry you're feeling low babes. Pregnancy is bound to bring your emotions to the fore mate xx

You are right Nic, those stats are reassuring! I'm in a right good mood tonight for some reason! Beady bubs is giving mummy happy vibes xxx

Here's the weird thing... I'm not worried about a MC. I'll notice if I'm bleeding and cramping! I'm worried about a MMC, where I walk around thinking everything is okay and then I get my dreams shattered at 10 weeks.

Me too!! I think any MC is just awful and the idea of starting to bleed and feeling like it is all going wrong must be hideous, but as I too had an MMC last time then that is my fear too. I hated the fact that my body fooled me or didn't notice what had happened and i felt such an idiot, like all my symptoms were in my head and that i was somehow a fraud (does that make any sense??). I know it's crazy, but that's how i felt.

I've had two scans so far and seen HB each time, but i still feel sick at the thought of going for the 12w scan (and any other scan). Until this bubba is kicking i will not be relaxing!

Wantabead - that's grrrrrreaat news!! I'm so happy for you. :hugs: Stick beans, stick!!!

M X

You just said everything in my head! EXACTLY!!! I never even got a heartbeat... so it makes me feel really freaking stupid. I feel almost like it wasn't real to begin with... and now feeling the way I felt then doesn't give me any reassurance because I feel like it was all some big fraud and it was all in my head. I'm having a terrible day today, tbh. I've all but convinced myself that it's not real and I need to stop pretending it is. I've been crying all day. My husband... my poor husband... He doesn't know what to say except that he knows I am pregnant. But, then I just yell at him or cry more... sometimes both. :cry:

xx

did you mean me hun?
if so my real name is not kate....:blush:
hekate or hecate is a greek goddess sometimes associated with childbirth and nurturing the young.....which it why I picked that name at the beginning of my baby-journey.....
I wish I had picked something else so now:dohh:....lol....feel a bit like a freak.....like I called myself he-kate....like some male-kate:rofl:

aww Megg big :hugs:...sorry you are feeling that way....but that in itself is really a good sign....pregnancy symptom: feeling emotional!

aww Megg big :hugs:...sorry you are feeling that way....but that in itself is really a good sign....pregnancy symptom: feeling emotional!

:rofl: Who would have thought that feeling like this could be considered a good sign! Only on a TTC/preg board, right? I should embrace feeling like a loser, fake, liar, psycho? I can handle that! :rofl:

:rofl: Who would have thought that feeling like this could be considered a good sign! Only on a TTC/preg board, right? I should embrace feeling like a loser, fake, liar, psycho? I can handle that! :rofl:

now that you put it like that I feel awful
I did not mean it that way:flower:

Meg, it's natural Hun to feel like this. It's a rollercoaster ride! We just need to stay on it!!!! Xxxx hugs xxxx

Aw Megg :hugs: I hate the way hormones make us soooo emotional. I know it's hard, but you need to try to be positive. The stats say after 1 MC you are no more likely to MC again.

I know there was much talk of early scans earlier in this thread - are any of you ladies opting for one? I think fellow MMCers would really benefit from it, if it's possible to have one.

I have been unbelievabley lucky so far to have 2 scans and it has made all the difference (well, the second one did the most as the bubs was a week older than the poor little one last year). I don't think i could have waited again until 12 weeks, i'd be an emotional wreck. I know things can still go wrong, but i feel such an achievment at passing the 6 weeks because if there is something wrong with my little spud, then it is different to last time (and in my head) that means no underlying issue with me and OH.

Roll on 40 weeks and oh god, painful labour!!! :wacko:

Love

Michelle

hekate - woohoo! (i knew what your name means and i love it ;))

wantabean - so glad your levels are rising nicely!!

kimini and megg - sorry you two are feeling down today... i feel like a green eyed monster, i'd almost rather feel sad! RAWRRRR... now i'm mad at my dad for being a vegetarian and making me cook 2 different dinners... and i was a veg for 15 years!!

HEY!! check out my siggy! :D:D:D

hecate - I knew what your name qqas too, btw! I didn't take it badly, don't feel awful. I honestly made me laugh! :hugs:

Hannah - Love the siggy! I'll lend you my over active emotions!

As for an early scan... even if I could, I would hesitate. I want to be sure that the first time I see my baby that he/she will look like a baby! Anything resembling the little sac I saw last time would only serve to make me more neurotic.

P.S. I feel a bit better after my nap. What exactly are the "twinge" feelings? What makes that happen?

I'm not really being given a choice about early scans. The must be afraid of me or something (maybe its the weight, asthma, heart condition, or insulin resistance). Next one is in two days. Assuming all is well, I wonder how long it'll be before they want another. I've already told DH I'm getting a doppler even though I know I won't hear anything for a while.

i think the twinges are round ligament pain... they are if you get them from moving too fast, or for me its when i sneeze or cough, or if you twist or walk too much or something strenuous... its from the uterus growing and the ligaments around it having to stretch and grow too.

good luck at your scan kim!

Good luck at your scan, Kim!!

Actually, they're not when I move around. I notice them mostly when I DON'T move around. I know the ligament pains when I move... I've felt those. These are different! It's like... several different sensations.. but all in the uterus area... sometimes it will feel like someone runs a wooden back massager lightly along the inside of my uterus... one of these:

https://images.veer.com/IMG/PIMG/PHP/PHP3067567_P.JPG

Sometimes it feels more like the feeling of popping a bubble wrap bubble. Sometimes its feels more like a flutter. And, sometimes its just a stray cramp.

WTF causes it? They're not constant... They come and go... Sometimes its most of the day... Sometimes its only once or twice a day...

I don't get it! WTF?

Haha I should do more research Hekate! Can I think of you instead as some kind of super-human like the cartoon He-Man or She-Ra of my childhood? :rofl:

Morning ladies ,

Megg what about a scan at 8/9 weeks? you'll see a little beanie baby by then?

im still terrified dont get me wrong, but the last 2 days or so ive felt my pma pick right up, and my nausea too, this pregnancy feels different so i MUST believe the outcome will be different too,

love the pma missy! i feel the same way... this time i feel so different that it must be good news... fx'd!!!

i had a nightmare that i mc'd though :( had to get up to pee to shake the feeling as it felt so real!! icky... but i'm 5 weeks today!

so how's everyone else feeling today?

I dumbed out last night and instead of turning the heat completely off, I turned it up to 90 so by the time morning came the air conditioner was completely frozen and I was burning up. Wonder if that will be my dumb pregnancy moment for the week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->