PAL Winter Babies 2010/11 - ** Waiting impatiently for our remaining babies! **

you know what... i might be all calm about the early scan thing because i know that last time the baby didin't stop develloping until 9 weeks and i found out at my 12 week scan. i'll be sh*tting bricks come 12 week scan time, you can be sure of that! and i know that they don't even always give 12 wk scans, but they gave me one as i have spina bifida in my family... for sure i'll be demanding one of those again ;) i don't think any of us will be calm until we have the baby in our arms!!

Yep! That! LOL

Amen to that bit too. Hannah are you on additional folic acid? x

I worry that I wasn't tired enough today. Tell me I'm crazy? :flower:

You're crazy Meg. As I said to Neens you have to remember just how rare MMC is. It's common on bnb because people come here for support, but they are reeeeeally rare! Just try and enjoy xx

Okay! It just seems so un-rare... Mine was confirmed a day shy of the 6yr anniversary of my cousin's MMC. So, it seems common in my real life too! But, okay! Rare! I get it! :nods: I'm not even sort of bleeding, spotting, or anything else! That's all good! Hard week! Hard, hard week! :(

OK but you ever meet anyone with TWO MMCs? What are the chances? :hugs: xxx

Okay! No... I've never met anyone with 2 MMC's! Thank you for speaking logic to me! :hugs:

Twinges
Boob changes (sore, veiny, bigger, nip/areola changes)
More tired than normal (even if not enough for my liking)
Achy hips when on my feet for too long
Pets all over me (dog and cats)
Sense of smell (maybe? sometimes?)
Cravings
Gassy
No AF!!!

They all seem pretty.. uneventful... but I guess they add up... I hope!

You're all gonna hate me! I'm afraid I've had two mmc and, just to throw the cat among the pigeons, my GP told me it wasn't rare at all. BUT I'm in the same boat as you girls worrying myself sick about this, my third, pregnancy. I have no symptoms to speak of really and my early scan isn't for another 2 weeks. So if you can just muster up the energy (it's very early in the morning) to encourage me too, that would be great!! xx

:hug: lolly

im feeling nauseas today - i soo dont want to go to work?? not sure what to do?

sigh... i'm afraid that lolly's right and my obgyn told me that 25% of all pregnancies end in mc... i think that irl people just don't talk about it much. i thought i didn't know anyone who'd mc'd irl but when i told my friend, she said that two of out common friends had mc'd that year. another friend told me 4 girls she knew had mc'd in the last yr!! not trying to scare ppl... again, i'm just in the mindframe of "there's little point stressing over things we can't control". i try my hardest to put those things out of my mind because worrying won't do anyone any good! so far its working but its a daily effort sometimes...

fx'd for us all!!

i'm extra tired today but only a little sick... i could have sworn i had that metallic taste in my mouth last night, and today my tea tastes off... last time i had weird food aversions and tastebuds, so maybe its the beginning of that??

have a great day everyone!

Amen to that bit too. Hannah are you on additional folic acid? x

oops... forgot to answer that... nope, just the regular pre-natal vitamin (materna from centrum). when i see the doc i'll ask if i should be on more but i'm not a fan of taking supplements in excess unless advised by a doc or mw...

hey ladies got bloods back this am. fridays was 663 and sundays was 1355. dnt really know what they mean lol getting a scan and more bloods tomorrow :happydance: how is every1? xxx

It means you have a doubling time of 104% which is great!

wooo :happydance: that is good lol cant wait for tomorrow xxx

Awesome numbers, Kristie! :hugs:

I do have one question... Your doctor said that 25% of all pregnancies end in MC, not MMC, right, Hannah?

Nikki was saying that MMC's are fairly rare... not MC's in general. Everything I've found suggests that MMC's account for about 2-4% of all pregnancies... which is fairly rare

Here's the weird thing... I'm not worried about a MC. I'll notice if I'm bleeding and cramping! I'm worried about a MMC, where I walk around thinking everything is okay and then I get my dreams shattered at 10 weeks.

^^ gotcha... yeah, doc was talking about mc's overall being very common...

i am so CRABBY today!! well the last week or so too, but today everything makes me want to freak out and strangle someone! loud colleagues talking through their office walls at eachother, people keep walking past my office, there's no paper in the printer.... AAARRRRGGGHHHH!!!!!! gosh darned hormones! :growlmad::growlmad::growlmad:

Same here meg! Although my doc said they are far more common than people realise because lots of mc's to a certain extent are mmc's - it's just that most mmc's are only diagnosed at a scan, if there was no scan to tell you, eventually you would start to bleed. Lots of people may have what they think is a normal mc as they have had nothing to say the pregnancy was not progressing until they start to bleed but the baby may have stopped developing weeks earlier. Does that make sense??

Anyway the stats are awful really! Makes u realise how many special angel mummys there are out there!! Xxx

Pregnancy hormones are getting the better of me today. Usually I can stop myself from thinking about my mom, but today I just can't seem to stop crying.

Here's the weird thing... I'm not worried about a MC. I'll notice if I'm bleeding and cramping! I'm worried about a MMC, where I walk around thinking everything is okay and then I get my dreams shattered at 10 weeks.

Me too!! I think any MC is just awful and the idea of starting to bleed and feeling like it is all going wrong must be hideous, but as I too had an MMC last time then that is my fear too. I hated the fact that my body fooled me or didn't notice what had happened and i felt such an idiot, like all my symptoms were in my head and that i was somehow a fraud (does that make any sense??). I know it's crazy, but that's how i felt.

I've had two scans so far and seen HB each time, but i still feel sick at the thought of going for the 12w scan (and any other scan). Until this bubba is kicking i will not be relaxing!

Wantabead - that's grrrrrreaat news!! I'm so happy for you. :hugs: Stick beans, stick!!!

M X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->