• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Paris??

sweetsammi

1st time mummy and WTT
Reaction score
To u girls who read my recent posts and know about the problems me and my OH have been having..Well we had a chat and hes apologied etc. And since last night theres been some improvements..i just hope it lasts. He has even booked last minute annual leave for next week so he can be there for me..He has suggested we go away to Paris for a few days with the baby..which usually id of jumped at and i think its what we both need. But i dont think its a good idea with Oliver stil being so young, especially with his colic. Im concerned he will just cry all the way there and back. I dont even know if its safe to take a baby on a plane this young? Im also concerned that it will be more stressful then anything cus of Ollie's age and cus hes not in any sort of routine yet. I just think although we need the break, Paris can wait and it would be better when Oliver is abit older and more settled? I told OH i'll think about it. Would you go? x

I think going away might be good, but I totally get you being worried about him crying the whole time. Maybe look for a little cottage in the Cotswolds or something like that. That way it is a bit more private, and if the baby is crying lots, no one can annoy you by complaining.

Have you thought about going to couceling with your OH? I think he might need to talk to someone and get some help dealing with his issues and the new baby. You would probably feel better speaking to someone as well.

i agree, i think it would be great to go away for all three of you. Izzie came on a plane at 9 days old, we had to flu out to Germany for the funeral of my Step-Mom so she came too, she was ok on the flight, we'd asked at the aorport about it and they spoke to the cabin crew, everything was made as simple for us as possible. She got upset twice on the way there, one was going up and the other was coming down, but thats it, she slept a lot of the time, and flight staff said thats normal as the air pressure sends them to sleep faster. In the end the decisions up to you really, bt a break does sound fantastic:)

why dont you go on a boat over to paris? its not that long really depending on were you go from :)

I like the idea of somewhere cosy in theuk. Travelling with a newborn can be stressful, particularly if things are tense already. Have agreat time

oooh justhad sudden thought..Cant go to Paris next week as Oliver will need his own passport?! :( x

lmao, you can get emergency ones for £20 for him, it'll only last 5 months, thats what we did

Maybe if your not comfy with it you could book for a later date and give him a big hug (dont let that offer slide though lol). Do whats comfy for you and talk to OH about the possibilities of an unsettled break with LO right now.

Or a UK break away could be nice? Simple trains? A nice cottage somewhere with a log fire? Mind you can get to Paris on a boat can't you? They are usually comfy (ferrie to Ireland is anyway).

x

Yeah can go by ferry or train but have to get ferry from devon or portsmouth or places like that we cant get to lol. Train we'd hav to get from london..works out too expensive by the time we've paid to get there. Yeah the cottage things sounds good. Will have a think :) xx

dont know where your thinking of, but my oldest sister has a cottage set away in the countryside in Cheltenham, it's absolutely beautiful, log fire, all open plan, 4 bedrooms, if you wanted it, i can speak to her about lending it you, she lent it to my Best friend a few months back so she doesnt mind :) just a thought...

Really? That sounds perfect! Dunno how we'd get there mind as neither of us drive. Bless ya hunny. Everyones so lovely on here! Truly am grateful :) *Hugs* xxx

just let me know when your thinking of and see if you can get travel up/down there and i'll ask her, it might have someone in cos she sometimes rents it out, but if no ones in im sure she'll lend you it :) just let me know if you want me to look into it

Ill have a word with Ewan 2mo and will get back to u hun. But im certainly up for it! Would be wonderful. Thanks v much hun xx

YW:) we have a place in Fuerteventura if anyones up for that lmao

I think a little getaway will be great, just make sure you book it now so it doesn't go by missed! x

My ex MIL travelled with my ex at 7 days from Canada, BC to Portugal... and she always said it wasn't too bad... I would say to give it a shot

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->