Parking charge - £100

I'm going to try ringing Sainsburys and see what they say. I don't have receipts but it should be on my bank statement. The car park doesn't only serve Sainsburys, there's loads of shops there and I also visited Pets at Home, so I may get onto them too.

The whole thing just leaves a bad taste in my mouth, £30 or whatever I could stomach, but not £100.

I've always thought it's pretty ridiculous to penalise people for spending a long time spending in their shop. I hope you can get somewhere with contacting the shops you were in and the advice on mse forums x

As far as I know the law hasn't changed, it was looked at but never went through, the only law that has changed is they cannot clamp you therefore they are more desperate to get money out of you with these fake tickets. Parking eye do occasionally take people to court, but they very very rarely win and then have to pay all the costs. We got one of these after clamping was made illegal and we did just ignore it. They sent us fake debt collection and solicitor letters-we just kept ignoring it and they gave up. MSE is a great site but they are over cautious about these parking charge notices which are not legally binding, consumer action group and peppipoo forums have more accurate info when it comes to parking and motoring fines xx

These charges are so people dont park there and then walk to the local uni, hospital or somewhere ud have to pay parkig for. You didnt abuse the use of the carpark you were actually in the shop so this shouldnt apply to you, the longer you are there tends to be the more you are spending in the shope so seems conpletely insane to charge you for that! Id do definately speak to sainsburys

I got one about a year ago and I was worrying so I googled it all and got on the money saving expert site and that made me feel better about ignoring it.

I take it that it's only sainsburys cause that's where I was too

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"