Parking fine

Missy86

Family complete
Reaction score
So I have been given a parking fine in a car park at my local high street

I bought a ticket and it still had time on it when the fine was given the problem was a women gave me her ticket as well and I displayed them both

Is that really not allowed

Just keep your ticket as proof that you purchased one and contest the fine...what difference does it make if there was another ticket? X

Don't think it matters as long as there is a valid ticket displayed. Doesn't matter if there are 20 a long as 1 is valid.. Contest it!!

Hmm the tickets are probably non transferable. Also I know my dad got a ticket for returning to his car to add more parking. In some car parks you're not allowed to buy subsequent tickets while still parked there.

I would still contest it tho. Good luck x

I am going to but my Fil says its feeding the meter what ever that is

Does it give a written reason on the ticket as to why its been issued? Xx

It says

Parked with additional payment made to extend the stay beyond first time purchased

Technicaly the tickets are non transferable but unless the warden was watching you do this he wouldn't have known and if he was watching you hes breaking the law as if they see you dod something against rules they are ment to intervene to inform you so as to stop them lurking and waiting to pounce.
Also if you have 2 tickets the one with the longest or more current time is the one that should be paid attention to because topping up a parking ticket (as long as there are no seperate rules about only being able to park for a maximum time with no returning) is fine.
My husband works for a large parking company and is charge of 1000's of on street wardens and I used to work with him so I know a lot of the rules on these things.

If there is a separate rule on the vending machine though about only being allowed there a certain abount of time and no returns within a time (Ie a ticket lasts 2 hours and 2 hours is the maximum for anyone stay and no returning with 2 hours) then there isn't much you can do.
Go and have a look at the signage on the vending machine and if it doesn't say anything about this then take a picture of the sign and rules to prove this isn't the case.

Well the first ticket was valid till 11:17, the one I brought was till 11:27
The fine was at 11.24

It is a short term car park but you can park for 4 hours

It says

Parked with additional payment made to extend the stay beyond first time purchased

Yea thats what my dad got his for. Ridiculous really. Hope you manage to contest it. My dad didn't bother. Xx

The fine was at 11.24

I'd definitely contest in that case. Smokey sounds like she knows what she's saying! Take her advice! X

The fine was at 11.24

That's not too bad then because there is only a matter of a few minutes difference between the two tickets all you have to say is you accidently bought two tickets because the first didn't print and when you got more change and returned to buy a valid ticket the two came out together.
You put both up just to cover yourself.

If he is a sneaky warden he would have only taken a picture (most have to take pictures along with issueing each ticket as "proof") of the older ticket and that works in your favour because the rules are they have to take a picture of the entire dashboard or window and he has broken those rules so it would get thrown out by default.

I am a bit confused with the idea of feeding the meter, if you are allowed to park there for 4 hours and the time on these two tickets totalled less than 2

If I had brought one ticket for 2 hours I wouldn't have got a fine

I don't understand why he gave you a fine tho? For the sake of 7 minutes?

Well 7 minutes is 7 minutes so if that was just the case then he would have been right but you had a ticket covering the valid time so a ticket never should have been issued.
Saying that though there still could be small print on the vending machine rules that would make a difference so without seeing those I cant say for 100% sure he was in the wrong just advise how to shut them up.

Feeding the metre is just basicly using up your allotted time them putting more money in to have another amount of time without moving the car so it appears you have just got there.

Bottom line is you have a valid ticket, he should not have given you a fine.
Keep both tickets, take a picture of the signage saying maximum 4 hours and that there is nothing about not returning and send copies (keep the originals) staing you shouldn't have been given a fine, give the reason I stated and he will get in trouble for being a prat and issuing a redundant fine.
If it was because he saw you sharing a ticket its his word against yours and he has no proof and shouldn't have been lurking.
Most pay and display carparks do not have a no increasing the ticket rule as long as its within the maximum time limit.
The only places that have a no return rule is street parking.
What area is it, ill see if its one of hubbies covered areas as his is all other the country and private ones like airports and train stations.

It's basildon council, wickford ladygate centre

On the website it says

Maximum stay 4 hours
No return permitted within 2 hours to the car park
Meter feeding is not permitted

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member