passport & birth certificate panic

sophieee18

Reaction score
Hi girls,

Me & Alfie are going on a last minute hoiday next month which has caused me extreme panic trying to sort out Alfie's passport.
I got all the forms together, only to find that I cannot find Alfie's birth certificate ANYWHERE!! I am presuming they never got returned after claming child benefit & tax credits :dohh:
So I have exactly 1 month till the holiday and today im going to order a new birth certificate and then i'll have to do the 1 week fast track passport service.
My problem is, Alfie's dad is on his birth certificate, but I do not have ANY contact with him so I will not be able to put his details on Alfie's passport application. Will this delay the application as is has dad's name on BC and then not on the application?
I would put all his details on but because I do not own a adult passport (I am using my last month of my childs one :D) It needs to know all of Alfie's grand parents details, and I havent got a clue when and where FOB's parents were born.

Any idea's?

Thanks x

No as long as it has one parents details on it should be fine! Ive just done Lilys for our holiday and i still had a child passport :)
xxx

dont worryyy,
ive just got my Alfies passport through the normal service, it took about 2 weeks to come so im sure youll get it in plenty of time.
Fob is on BC but not on passport and there was absolutly not one question asked.
Also we had to get a new certificate for the passport and it arrived the next day, youll be sorted and on holiday in no time :)
Have a good time! xx

FOB is on my LOs birth certificate. I got a passport by filling out what i knew, so:
All my details, incl passport number.
My parents details (name, DOB + Place, Date of marriage)
FOBs name + DOB
His parents names.
And I got the passport back no probs!
I suggest you just put down the detail you know. I took it to the post office, all ready to explain me and the dad weren't together and I couldn'tgive his passport number, and the lady who checked it didn't bat an eyelid.

Do you only have a month left on your passport? Some places you need at least 6 months xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->