PCOS and Clomid

nnn84

Mum to 2 beautiful girls
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I have been trying to conceive for 8 months now. 2 weeks ago I had a miscarriage and during the scan to confirm the m/c they found that I had PCOS.

Before my m/c I had not had a :witch: since comming off b/c 6months earlier.

I have spoken to my doctor, and she has suggested that if nothing happens in the next 6 months, then I will be referred and offered Clomid!

Im not sure about the procedure, and I was just wondering if someone could explain to me what normally happens when clomid is offered to you, and what is the procedure?? Do I have regular scans to confirm Ovulation? How does Clomid work etc??

Thanks in advance girls

xxxxxxxx

Did he suggest Metformin too? Which is often used to treat PCOS.
Everyone is different with their Clomid, he will usually start you on a lower dosage, like 50mgs. Some people get scans around O to confirm, I didn't. I used home OPT's which confirmed O or not.

Got this info on Clomid:
Clomid is a potent and complicated medication. Clomid is reacts with all of the tissues in the body that have estrogen receptors, such as the hypothalamus, pituitary, ovary, endometrium, vagina, and cervix. Clomid influences the way that the four hormones required for ovulation, GnRH, FSH, LH and estradiol, relate and interrelate. While we do not completely understand the mechanisms by which this drug works, in essence it appears that Clomid fools the body into believing that the estrogen level is low. This altered feedback information causes the hypothalamus (an area of the brain) to make and release more gonadotropin releasing hormone (GnRH) which in turn causes the pituitary to make and release more FSH and LH. More follicle stimulating hormone and more luteinizing hormone should result in the release of one or more mature eggs - ovulation.

Thanks hun,

It's a lot to take in all at the same time! But that helps a lot, Thank you x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->