PCOS and Clomid

Discussion in 'Long Term Trying To Conceive' started by nnn84, Apr 4, 2009.

1. nnn84

nnn84 Mum to 2 beautiful girls

Hi everyone!

I have been trying to conceive for 8 months now. 2 weeks ago I had a miscarriage and during the scan to confirm the m/c they found that I had PCOS.

Before my m/c I had not had a :witch: since comming off b/c 6months earlier.

I have spoken to my doctor, and she has suggested that if nothing happens in the next 6 months, then I will be referred and offered Clomid!

Im not sure about the procedure, and I was just wondering if someone could explain to me what normally happens when clomid is offered to you, and what is the procedure?? Do I have regular scans to confirm Ovulation? How does Clomid work etc??

Thanks in advance girls

xxxxxxxx

2. NeyNey

NeyNey Love My IVF Munchkin

Did he suggest Metformin too? Which is often used to treat PCOS.
    Everyone is different with their Clomid, he will usually start you on a lower dosage, like 50mgs. Some people get scans around O to confirm, I didn't. I used home OPT's which confirmed O or not.

Got this info on Clomid:

3. nnn84

nnn84 Mum to 2 beautiful girls

Thanks hun,

It's a lot to take in all at the same time! But that helps a lot, Thank you x