PCOS and TTC #1

So ladies.. i need to wallow... i had my first ever cavity filling yesterday and man is my mouth sore today!!! UGH i have 2 more to go. Now i know why i dread the dentist!!

Welcome Sarah! I hope that the metformin and clomid get you that bfp!! :)

Shortcakes..Ughhh fillings suck so bad. I had 3 about a month ago and it hurt for a few days. Tylenol and numbing gel helped quite a bit though. I have 2 more as well, but scared to go back. lol I can take the pain afterwards...its the whole drilling process that just gives me anxiety!

hi ladies,

I'm very nervous as this is my first ever time posting on a forum. I am 25 and currently trying to conceive. I got diagnosed with PCOS which got me down in the dumps and after months of going on and off from metformin I've finally adjusted to two 500mg pills since february. I ovulated for the first that month and recently just ovulated. I am currently 8dpo... and I wanted to seek advice from the ladies.

I had a temp dip at 4dpo and then it rose, with another temp dip at 6dpo, today at 8dpo I have had my highest temp every since taking my temp. I have sore boobs and have felt cramps on and off today, at one point they were so sharp I had to bend forward, but could AF be coming. I feel like its all in my head and I'm so scared testing yet because a negative will bring me right back down. Could the second dip be an implantation dip, I haven't had any spotting yet.

Welcome Sarah! I hope that the metformin and clomid get you that bfp!! :)

Shortcakes..Ughhh fillings suck so bad. I had 3 about a month ago and it hurt for a few days. Tylenol and numbing gel helped quite a bit though. I have 2 more as well, but scared to go back. lol I can take the pain afterwards...its the whole drilling process that just gives me anxiety!

Just being there gives me anxiety.. thank the lord i took a xanax before going. I can handle the drilling but this pain after is for the pits!!!

Could the second dip be an implantation dip, I haven't had any spotting yet.

Sweetheart, this TTC thing is a HUGE mind-F for all of us. We can't tell you whether or not you're pregnant. All the PMS symptoms are the same as pregnancy symptoms. Some women get no symptoms at all. From my personal experience it's a good thing you're feeling things, that means something IS happening instead of nothing. I get pains in my ovaries leading up to ovulation as the follicles grow. I get cramps and tender boobs and other stuff too, randomly after ovulation. I also get implantation dips (no bleeding) quite often, but no pregnancy. That dip is an estrogen surge, which is completely healthy and normal in an ovulatory/pregnancy cycle. :hugs:
Read about it here: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/Faqs/Implantation-dip-study.html
And here: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/Faqs/Implantation-dip.html

You're more than welcome to stay and chat and get support through your cycle/s. I've found the friendships and advice to be very helpful!!

Lots and lots of baby dust to you and all of us :dust:

Just being there gives me anxiety.. thank the lord i took a xanax before going. I can handle the drilling but this pain after is for the pits!!!

In the past I've gotten cavities filled without anything to numb it because I hate having that stroke victim feeling all over my face. I feel like I'm going to bite my tongue off on accident. So I prefer the pain. I know I'm super weird. I have a high pain threshold. DH on the other hand does not ;) lol, even though he's the one with the gigantic tattoo.

blueapple- You are brave!! Though I know what you mean about the numb face, I feel so weird afterwards. My husband was laughing so hard when I went to smile and only half of my lips smiled. Hahaha!

Hi all, sorry I haven't posted, just been a little down in the dumps recently,

Shortcakes, I definately don't envy that trip to the dentist, I find it so hard to not have minor panic attacks when I have to go to the dentist. :(
Hope the pain killers are doing their job.

Welcome to the group newbies! .mummytobe I hope you get your BFP, how long are your cycles usually?

AFM I'm cd36 and nothing new going on... Sad times :(

Thank you everyone! :flower:

We got pregnant on our second round of metformin and clomid, but unfortunately baby wasn't a sticky bean... :( So now this is the third round with the same dose of clomid and metformin. Only this time I will be going for a scan on CD 13 to see if eggs are maturing enough and lining of the womb is thick enough for the baby, if so I will be offered a trigger injection.

Welcome mummytobe and Sarah! :dust: to both of you ladies!

shortcakes ouch! I'm so sorry about your poor mouth!! :(

That sounds very promising, Sarah. I hope your eggs mature enough for the trigger shot! Keep us updated. :)

Hi Sarah,

Fx for your sticky bean this time round, how long were your cycles before starting meds?

hiii to everyone,

@SarahLou372 - GL hunny :)
@shortcakes I'm so sorry about your poor mouth too, I hate dentists, I had to have my tooth taken out last year, and boyyyy!! that was so painful, especially the aftermath.

I just wanted to update as my symptoms have slightly changed.... my CP is still high and soft but my CM (sorry, TMI) its creamy and wet now, and my boobs have become lumpy and hurt so much even when I touch them. As I'm writing this now, I have the worst headache ever, I just hope its a BFP... the things we go through :/ *sigh*

I'm very tempted to take a test tomorrow as I have two strips and i'll be 10dpo, i've heard some get a positive at 8dpo. Keep your fingers crossed thats its a BFP. xx

Hey ladies! I had my appointment this am to check follicules grow. I have one that is not quite ready yet (13.7mm) so I'll be back kn monday and probably trigger then for an IUI wednesday. That's if all fors according to plan like it rarelly does haha.

Anyways, I feel better now, the hardest time for me is between that BFN and first US, when it feels like you'll never get a chance to try again (I'm melodramatic xD )

good luck m2b...

Danna good luck on monday... sounds super promising!!!

Aww Danna yeah I understand. I go from super hopeful to feeling like such a failure. You know we're women, it's our right to have babies! I go through (I'm sure), the same range of motions you go through, so I totally understand. You'll catch an egg soon! Fx'd for you sweetheart!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->