PCOS and TTC #1

Yeah I totally understand I am at 200 and for being such a shortie (only 4'11) my doctors are all concerned ... Which I guess I understand .. It's just not as easy as they make it seem.

EXACTLY! It's like, well just lose weight! Um....yeah you try it. My doctors have stopped telling me to lose weight thank goodness. Because of my thyroid AND the PCOS, it could be impossible for me. But I'm definitely willing to eat better and exercise even if that means that I'll still be overweight. It's just a matter of changing habits which I'm constantly working on. We can do it though!

There is something they can give you to assist with the weight loss, its not impossible!

I know how it feels ladies. I am pretty sure that I have been dieting since the age of 15 and have pretty much consistently been the same size. It has been a frustrating and emotionally exhausting rollercoaster focusing so hard on how much I weighed, not realizing that some of my so called "diets" were not healthy at all even if I did lose a bunch of weight quickly. I am sure some of you can relate. It wasn't until I found out about the PCOS that I am finally allowing myself to focus less on the dieting and more on the health side of things. I am reminding myself daily that as long as I am eating healthy and staying active that not losing 5 pounds every week is OK. There is no quick weight loss cure or pill that is long term. The only long term plan is to replace the junk with healthy stuff and staying active.
It's been realllly hard for me to make this change and I don't eat the best all the time, but I try the best I can. Changing a lifestyle is a hard habit to break, but I am taking baby steps that will get me there eventually. I noticed 2 things the other day that have become healthy habits that have become just a part of every day life. First I realized that I cannot remember the last time that I had juice or soda. Keeping a filled water bottle with me everywhere, even at home has completely eliminated my craving for soda and juice. To those that are addicted like I was...it is possible. lol I also realized that I park extremely far whenever I go somewhere. I just started making it a point to get in a little bit of walking and now I do it without even thinking. I know it's just two small things, but I feel like I am getting somewhere. :)

So I don't know if I'm crazy or not but this morning I just decided to test. I had been having some hormonal related symptoms related likely to taking the Vitex but it's been in the back of my mind that because we aren't preventing, I could just get pregnant. It's not likely but possible. The big symptom that finally made me test was that I had extra discharge all day long yesterday and I've been having headaches and just feeling irritable.

So here's the thing, maybe I was tired and not seeing straight but I swear that I saw a faint line. So just to be sure I wasn't crazy, I tested with a Clearblue Digital I had on hand. That came up negative. (Stupid me for wasting it but what can you do? :blush:) But I was still sure that I saw a line so I went to my husband who squinted at it and shined a flashlight on it and saw absolutely nothing. But he doesn't believe that a line can be that faint and still be a positive. He has it in his head that the lines have to be equally dark. I tried to explain that all to him but he was still kind of confused. But anyway, I tried testing with a couple more of the Wondfo's and I couldn't see anything on them but at this point it wasn't morning urine anymore. I have no idea if I am imagining that first line or not. I am second guessing myself like crazy and doubting my eyes and it's making me feel nuts. It's almost more of a shadow than a line but I was convinced it was there. I tried taking a picture but the line isn't showing up in the picture no matter how much I play with contrast, invert it, etc..... so I guess I'll just be testing again tomorrow morning.

FX for me ladies! This isn't really the right time (we thought it would take longer and therefore we'd be more prepared lol) but it would still be excellent news. :winkwink:

ETA: maybe you all can see something?

11182220_10101056121935248_6230862849564210130_n.jpg

I know how it feels ladies. I am pretty sure that I have been dieting since the age of 15 and have pretty much consistently been the same size. It has been a frustrating and emotionally exhausting rollercoaster focusing so hard on how much I weighed, not realizing that some of my so called "diets" were not healthy at all even if I did lose a bunch of weight quickly. I am sure some of you can relate. It wasn't until I found out about the PCOS that I am finally allowing myself to focus less on the dieting and more on the health side of things. I am reminding myself daily that as long as I am eating healthy and staying active that not losing 5 pounds every week is OK. There is no quick weight loss cure or pill that is long term. The only long term plan is to replace the junk with healthy stuff and staying active.
It's been realllly hard for me to make this change and I don't eat the best all the time, but I try the best I can. Changing a lifestyle is a hard habit to break, but I am taking baby steps that will get me there eventually. I noticed 2 things the other day that have become healthy habits that have become just a part of every day life. First I realized that I cannot remember the last time that I had juice or soda. Keeping a filled water bottle with me everywhere, even at home has completely eliminated my craving for soda and juice. To those that are addicted like I was...it is possible. lol I also realized that I park extremely far whenever I go somewhere. I just started making it a point to get in a little bit of walking and now I do it without even thinking. I know it's just two small things, but I feel like I am getting somewhere. :)

That's awesome Jules! Great idea about parking farther away. I'm going to incorporate that too. There's always that urge to park close and I have to when I'm with my husband because of his back but when I'm alone, I'm totally capable of walking more.

I also don't drink soda anymore and was once an addict. I never thought I would give it up but I did and now I can't stand it. It's so sweet and it makes me feel bloated. I only drink water, tea and wine here and there.

babysquash, I'm sorry I don't see anything on it, but you know pictures don't capture the lines as dark as they are in real life. I'm excited to see tomorrow morning's test though! FX for you hun :hugs2:

Sometimes to stay on diet I remind myself of those who live a more basic and primal lifestyle than I do in America. I remember that I don't need to eat like royalty every day. Who said we have to have the most amazing tasting, extravagant food every bite of every meal? Eating raw fruits and veggies and basic foods with just a bit of seasoning that I make from scratch (which is wholesome and has WAY more nutrients than anything out of a package pre-made with MSG and tons of sugar) makes me feel good. I feel natural, and satisfied. I don't have any of the guilt that comes with eating something I shouldn't. I came to that reasoning after so many days of complaining to myself about how I hate dieting and wish I could have a McDonald's cheeseburger and fries.
That being said, eat your favorite junk/treats 5-10% of the time once you have a handle on things. The second you feel guilty while having a treat you need to step back and focus on cleaner eating for a while again.

Babysquash- I don't see anything either.:( Though if you don't know where you are in your cycle I can understand that it could totally happen. Are you tracking ovulation in any way?

I feel the same way about soda now..it's like sipping maple syrup. Gross! lol

blueapple- That is a great mind set to have! It's so true that people (myself included) forget that we are supposed to eat to get nutrients to give us energy, not just because we want something that tastes good. Though, I think that adding natural ingredients actually add more flavor. Fresh herbs are way more amazing than the shake containers!!!

Babysquash- I don't see anything either.:( Though if you don't know where you are in your cycle I can understand that it could totally happen. Are you tracking ovulation in any way?

I feel the same way about soda now..it's like sipping maple syrup. Gross! lol

blueapple- That is a great mind set to have! It's so true that people (myself included) forget that we are supposed to eat to get nutrients to give us energy, not just because we want something that tastes good. Though, I think that adding natural ingredients actually add more flavor. Fresh herbs are way more amazing than the shake containers!!!

I don't track ovulation at all right now because I can't really find a reliable way to do so. My temps are off because of my thyroid and I don't have a period because of the PCOS. I think even OPKs would be unreliable because of my crazy hormones so I just haven't bothered. I started the Vitex to see if it would help make my cycles regular but I haven't had a period since I've been on them so there was really no way to mark them. But we haven't been preventing either so anything could happen. I was hoping to get my kidney stone taken care of before we started actively trying but I won't be sad if it is a BFN, just really really surprised.

It's weird because sometimes when I look at the picture on my monitor, I can see the line and sometimes I'm like, nope you're imagining it. So I should probably stop being crazy about it and just test tomorrow morning and see what I get. Easier said than done of course! :haha:

Babysquash - do you track cm or recognize any ovulation pains or cramps. Also when was your last period and how long have you been on vitex, sorry for all the questions :p

Very, your temps are starting to increase, are you thinking you will ovulate soon?

Where is everyone else in their cycles. Im cd42 and no ovulation as of yet... No fun :(

Hey ladies... ugh.. so the site was down for me all day!! it was driving me crazy!! i am cd14... still only a faint opk line... not dark yet.

I agree with the weight stuff. All i drink is water! I HATE SODA!

Babysquash... i am sorry i dont see anything either. Hopefully tomorrow it will appear darker if its there!

Hi ladies :hi:

Just dropping in to update you all.. I've had to stop my clomid on the last day due to headaches and blurred/disturbed vision! Apparently according to the gynae unit its a side affect of clomid they don't like! I'm still not right now :cry: I only missed one tablet so she said she don't think it will make a difference to the outcome of the cycle or treatment.

Hi Sarah, sorry to hear about your side effects with clomid, i have heard that some women have awful sode effects with it. Any reason why you had it this cycle and not before? Hopefully if wont have too much of an effect only missing the one pill and you will get the desired effect :)

I'm not sure why I only had these side affects this cycle. I go for a scan on the 5th May to see if my follicles have grown and my womb is thick enough, so I'm going to ask about it then.

I'm hoping to it will still work, the nurse said on the phone its only the last tablet I've missed and been on a solid 100mg so she thinks it wont affect the outcome of the treatment no matter what it is :shrug:

Opto- yuck what a long cycle. It's miserable waiting! :hugs2: It'll happen, it will.

Sarah- Good Luck! I wouldn't think 1 tablet would make a huge difference. Hopefully you get your BFP soon.

My temps had a couple weird ups and downs, and I've altered it. i know you're not supposed to but my temp today is definitely pre-o. I have a better explanation in my journal (link is in the signature box).

Hope everyone is enjoying spring so far, and hopefully it'll get the right hormones flowing and get us all some :bfp:!!

Good Morning Ladies!!

Sending all my good vibes out to everyone!! I opk this morning and this is what i got... still not a positive but only on CD15

OPK 4-30-15.jpg

Sarah - those side effects sound yucky! :(

I didn't test this morning because I didn't want to squint at another phantom line. I'll test tomorrow morning because I assume that if I wasn't imagining it, it will be much clearer. If I'm not pregnant, something is happening and maybe it's ovulation! I feel super tired, irritable, my head hurts, I'm peeing a lot more often and my breasts are sensitive. So we shall see!

ooohhh sounds promising!! Make sure to keep us updated Baby!

Yes definitely!! I felt queasy and flushed last night and again today (ugh it really sucks) but this has happened to me in the past when my hormones were out of whack so it could very well just be that. Still it gives me hope! And hopefully I don't throw up at work. :p

FX for both you and shortcakes as well. I feel like this is a good month for some BFP's!

babysquash that does sound really promising!!! EEK i am anxious to hear from you tomorrow!!!

Hopefully we get a BFP on this board this cycle!!! We all deserve it so much!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->