PCOS and TTC #1

Good luck babysquash!!!

Fingers crossed to those testing and to those approaching ovulation! :)

We really need some bfp's in here :dust:

AFM- I am feeling super tired, crampy, bloated, annoyed, and just want to punch the world's face today! lol Good news is I think af must be about to make her appearance...I am guessing by Sunday. I am a little disapointed about not being able to do the hsg, but happy that af will be out of the way before vacay.

I am really praying and hoping that femara helps me out this month! I am really excited to see if I actually ovulate..It would be super exciting! A baby would be even better!! :)

So guys, i think i might give up vitex, its been almost 45 days and i keep thinking maybe it will work but nothing is happening. And they always say that healthy eating and exercise normally does the body wonders. Very being a prime example of this :)

What do you guys think, should i stick it out for at least 2-3 months??

Jules, sorry you're having a bad day and that AF is on her way. Do you start femara CD 1? You're going to have so much fun on your vacation, a lot of this ttc stress will be wiped away! That's what vacations are for. :) Maybe you'll ovulate while away and get a surprise.

Opto, I don't think you should quit the vitex, unless you have an obvious reason like a bad side effect. I think it's going to help you, just stick with it. Keep up with your diet and increase the exercise. You're going to get your :bfp:. For ladies like us it takes a lot of sweat and tears to get to our goal.

Hey ladies! Had IUI yesterday, now the dreaded 2ww begins. OH's SA was quite good too

Good luck those testing soon!

Opto- I would stick with it for at least 3 months. It can take a while til it works to its full potential. How much are you taking a day?

Danna- I am keeping my fingers crossed for you!!!!! Hopefully the 2ww turns into a 9 month wait. :)

Blue apple- I'm kinda glad that AF will be here soon. I'm tires of waiting. Lol I take the femara days 3-7. I doubt it would happen, but ovulating on vacation would be awesome. :)

Hi Jules i take 1000mg daily, every morning on an empty stomach. I feel a little stranded with it at the moment, in two weeks time i have my first gynae appointment (so excited!!) I imagine they will suggest stopping taking it but i don't know. I really want to try metformin out, for some reason i believe it will help...

Veryblue i just read your journal and it was so touching :) you have a very deserving bfp coming soon i hope. Out of interest how long did it take for you to start taking certain foods out of your diet? Would you say one particular food group was making pcos worse than another?

Good luck Danna, Fx! :dust:

Thank you Opto :hugs:. First I started with breads, pastas, and rice. Then I cut out dairy, sugar, and processed foods. Then I cut meat out. There's other changes I made that aren't food related, like changed to natural deodorant, started sleeping at night, exercising, going to church/being more positive, stretching daily whether I work out or not. I think processed foods, void of nutrients is the worst for PCOS.

I've made a lot of changes. I took one step further as soon as I got comfortable with the latest change. This is best I've ever done with lifestyle changes and the number one driving force is that I want to conceive and carry a child. I desperately want it so I'm doing what I can.

Getting our puppy, Zane has seriously improved my quality of life. I'm so much more active during times I'm not purposely exercising. And of course I love him, he stole my heart. <3 :)

I totally believe anyone can do what I'm doing. My default personality is chill, like sit around all day, eating junk food. So if I can do this, I know anyone can. Just believe in yourself and put the work in.

Veryblue thank you so much for the information and encouraging words. I also think that processed foods are the worst! I think i beat myself up about it because I'm technically within normal weight with a "normal" bmi and yet ovulation still evades me... My husband thinks I'm trying to give up to much and has made comments about it now and again, i know he means no harm and he just wants me happy but it does get me a little down because sometimes i feel like the effort I'm having to be in is 1000 times more than he needs to...

Im keeping up with the healthy eating and am currently in the process of weaning myself of gluten and sugar, im trying to only snack when necessary and only on nuts/seeds/veg I'm trying not to eat to much fruit with high sugar content. I ate an amazing Raw Energy salad the other day and added some chicken for protein. Im going on a trip this weekend which is going to test my resilience when eating out but we shall see i guess.

Opto, I'm so proud of you. You're a strong woman to be so positive and make all those changes even being at a healthy weight when your husband or others wouldn't think it's necessary. You're going to be a wonderful mother. Keep up the hard work! We're here to support you, every step! :hugs2:

Have a great trip!

Good Morning Ladies! Happy Friday!!!

Jules... give it 3 months... mine just starting showing some improvements and this is my 3rd month taking it.

Opto have a great trip... i have faith that you will be strong with eating good while away!!

I am also going to Boston for the day tomorrow to see my best friend and her baby girl. So i will be around a baby which makes me happy and sad at the same time. I am also hoping this weekend I will get a positive OPK... my loving husband bought 50 shades of grey so maybe that will gear up some nice alone time ;)

ill be testing a little while so i will post what i get!

Babysquash did you mean to say for me to give it 3 months?

Is that how long it took for it to help your cycles. How long dod your used to be compared to now?

50 Shades [movie] got me all hot n bothered lol. The books kinda suck, but then again I've never really given them much of a shot. I tried reading the first, gave up. Then I watched the movie, thought it was decent, and tried reading the second book cause I wanted to know what happened after those elevator doors closed, but it was so anticlimactic (in the book) that I threw in the towel on reading it and was like whatever! So I'm just waiting for the next two movies. I ALWAYS think the book is better than the movie, so it must be that I just don't like the writing style of the author.

OHH so excited to see if you're ovulating! I had bad ovulation pains last night, so I either ovulated last night or will within a day or two, I'm assuming. I've had ewcm for days now, but I've noticed an increase since drinking FertiliTea and taking FertilAid.

Have fun in Boston, with your friend and her baby! I've never been to Massachusetts. I was in Maryland, D.C., Virginia, WV, last year. I'd like to explore the eastern states some more. Tomorrow we have that charity event (walk for no-kill animal shelters) at the state fair grounds. It's going to be 80 and sunny!

Babysquash did you mean to say for me to give it 3 months?

Is that how long it took for it to help your cycles. How long dod your used to be compared to now?

Yes!! it was meant for you Opto! Sorry about that. I am on my 3rd cycle now and it seems to be going pretty well.. even last cycle it lasted 31 days and i ovulated on day 19-20 and my luteal was exactly 14 days... before that i was having cycles that lasted anywhere between 25-49.

50 Shades [movie] got me all hot n bothered lol. The books kinda suck, but then again I've never really given them much of a shot. I tried reading the first, gave up. Then I watched the movie, thought it was decent, and tried reading the second book cause I wanted to know what happened after those elevator doors closed, but it was so anticlimactic (in the book) that I threw in the towel on reading it and was like whatever! So I'm just waiting for the next two movies. I ALWAYS think the book is better than the movie, so it must be that I just don't like the writing style of the author.

OHH so excited to see if you're ovulating! I had bad ovulation pains last night, so I either ovulated last night or will within a day or two, I'm assuming. I've had ewcm for days now, but I've noticed an increase since drinking FertiliTea and taking FertilAid.

Have fun in Boston, with your friend and her baby! I've never been to Massachusetts. I was in Maryland, D.C., Virginia, WV, last year. I'd like to explore the eastern states some more. Tomorrow we have that charity event (walk for no-kill animal shelters) at the state fair grounds. It's going to be 80 and sunny!

I read all 3 books in the matter of 2 days... i was really into the books. i was bummed with who they casted for Christian in the movies (i really wanted Charlie Hunnam) but i did like the movie.

Boston is really nice! If you ever come out this way again let me know! We live 5 minutes from Albany, NY. My husband actually lived in Minnesota until he was 5 and most of his dad's family still lives there. We are trying to come out that way next year to go to a Vikings game in the new stadium (he is a HUGE fan).

Well here is my test today... i also had pains on my left side this morning. The test dried funny.. it looks like its still developing but I waited over 5 mins.

OPK 5-1-15.jpg

Yay for the up and coming ovulation for you all, maybe you can send some ovulation dust my way and i can join you for the ride, two weeks till my appointment now, i wonder what will come first, that or ovulation :p

I'll definitely drop you a line if we're ever in Boston or near Albany!

What town/city is your DH from? And where does his family live? That's really cool! I wish I cared about football cause everyone around here loves the Vikings, but I just don't, sadly.

Yeah the books bored me with the long over-explained contracts and their correspondence through email, it was too slow. Maybe I should push through it lol ;)

I kept looking back and forth between your opks and they look to be about the same darkness on the test line. What do you think? Maybe I can't see it that well online.

Opto lots of :dust: :dust:

Thanks for the baby dust :) maybe this weekend will do some wonders for me. We have just arrived in devon got a little while driving yet. Its raining but i don't actually care. Im going to enjoy a break away from home :)

How is everyone?

Sounds great, rain and all. I'm good, just headed to the fundraiser to spend a day of fun in the sun with DH and Zane.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->