PCOS and TTC #1

Thats great shortcakes! I hope my inositol has a good effect on me as it has you!

So i have decided to bite the bullet and go paleo, i have heard it does wonders for pcos so i thought why not, i need to be more dedicated and i know it will happen. I will start as soon as my book arrives.
My weekend away was great but o did not stick to eating well so i need to make a drastic change now or i never will.

is that the "It starts with food" book?? I bought it recently.. I had a hard time getting through the book so I wasn't able to fully understand how to actually go paleo. I started just researching it on pinterest and feel like I kinda get it.

I did the Fast Metabolism diet last year and lost 20lbs.. I just have to get re motivated to move in that area of my life.

Hi Ladies :hi:

Just wanted to update you all. I went for my scan today to check if my follies have grown and my womb lining is thick enough, and it turns out even though I had a bad reaction to the clomid and missed my last tablet like the nurse told me to I have responded well to clomid!:happydance:

My womb lining is 7.3mm and I have one mature follicle at 28mm!! they said the minimum measurement of a grown follicle for the trigger injection is at least 18mm... well mine is 28mm! :haha: So I had the HCG trigger injection I think it was a t 9am this morning 12 hours ago and we bed so far CD 3,5,7,9 And 12 which was yesterday and CD 13 today :thumbup:

Hey Sarah, glad the clomid worked well for you! Lets hope that the lovely large follie ends in a bfp!

Hey Opto, I hope the paleo works out for you! I really believe proper food is the answer to PCOS along with exercise. I'm glad to see you still moving in positive directions. I know you'll get your much desired :bfp: soon.

Good luck, Sarah! Sounds very promising! :dust:

That's awesome Sarah! FX for you!! :dust:

I'm really proud of myself for sticking with my resolution to eat healthy. I've been basically shoving my face with vegetables and some fruit whenever I feel the urge to snack. I prepared bags of baby carrots, mini peppers and cucumber at the beginning of the week so it's super easy to just grab a bunch before work. I've had a very stressful and frustrating week because my poor husband is nearly incapacitated with back pain and *shudder* a nasty hemorrhoid that got infected. (Shhh don't tell him I told you!) Like it's so bad that he couldn't sleep the first night. I feel so bad for him. :( But it's putting extra stress on me because I'm worried he won't pass his classes and I'm worried about him possibly having to take the summer off because of back pain. We can't survive on my income alone, we need his financial aid to make ends meet. And he can't work if he can't get out of bed. It's all very frustrating and scary. :-({|=

BUT I have not resorted to binging on comfort foods so I'm very proud of myself. I just keep eating healthy, taking my vitamins and taking Vitex. Also today I finally find out how they are going to get rid of my kidney stone.

Babysquash, such good and bad news! I'm so HAPPY that you've been sticking to the diet!!! Way to go!!! Also awesome they are going to have an answer for that kidney stone you've been lugging a while.

I'm really sorry to hear about your husband's back pain and the infection. If he takes it easy, he should be up in less than a week. I have degenerative spine disease and a barb on my spine. I can EASILY throw my back out. It was terrible when I was obese and not in shape. Now that I weigh less and have stronger muscles (especially the core helps with back problems), things are much better. I hardly have a problem with my back, except stiff in the morning. Make sure he just lays there for a couple days, and takes muscle relaxants + pain killer/relievers, then get him walking after a few days. It's important to gently allow the muscles to warm up and be massaged naturally through walking. Good Luck!

Babysquash, glad to hear you are keeping your diet nice and clean, im sure it will do you a world of good. Sorry to hear about your husband, i really hope he is well enough to continue working so you done have to struggle. :hugs:

Shortcakes, the book is called the Paleo Primer, its a jump start into paleo with a 30 day strict detox i believe. It got good reviews on amazon so i will see what its like. A lot of people see results quite quickly so i guess i will know if its working for me relatively soon into the diet, if im strict that is.

I feel like my cycle is just going on forever at the moment, im just grateful that i only have a little while before i see the gyne.

How are the tww's going for you all?

It's going slow Hopefully! I try not not symptoms spot but I do anyway, I go from that "that MUST be my month!" To "no way in hell it worked" haha...
Right now I'm debating testing the morning AF is due, or waiting for her to show. What is worse, to see a BFN or blood? :s

I'm more chill this cycle than I've been with previous cycles. I brought DH into my crazy poas world at the end of last cycle. He encouraged me to stop poas and let my period be late before I buy a hpt. It was hard to get used to the idea because ever since I started charting and then ovulating I've been buying opks, 50 pack Wondfos, and sometimes 2 or 4 packs of FRERs. I've never peed on so many sticks in my life until this year :haha:. It's fun, and addicting but the cost racks up, and it hurts every time it's negative. Sometimes I even cry. I'd rather just cry for a few minutes when my period starts then sometimes several times a day throughout the TWW.

Danna, i think you should wait until you are late, i would much prefer to see AF than a BFN time after time, i have only had 2 opportunities to POAS and both times i thought if its not my month then it doesn't matter but i just felt awful after seeing a stark white test!

Veryblue, that indeed must be a costly habit, i feel as though it might be worth holding off a little longer instead of dealing with the heartache. You will get your bfp soon, i just know it. You have certainly put in the effort to deserve it.

I totally feel you ladies on the up and downs of the whole POAS thing. Since I don't currently have AF as a marker, I've just been randomly POASing any time I feel vague pregnancy symptoms but it just has made me crazy! I don't know how to deal with that unless AF returns.

But hey, Vitex is starting to work for me in the sense that my skin looks and feels great! Like how it looked when I was on birth control. So yay for that!

Thank you veryblue and opto for the kind words of encouragement. I'm not necessarily on a diet or even doing 100% great all the time but I figure the more vegetables and fruit I add, the less other stuff I will eat and that seems to be working out well for me.

So glad to hear your skin is clear again with the vitex! I know what a slam your confidence takes with acne. Keep up the good work with eating more fruits and veggies. Each day you're one step closer to your baby :flower:

So glad to hear your skin is clear again with the vitex! I know what a slam your confidence takes with acne. Keep up the good work with eating more fruits and veggies. Each day you're one step closer to your baby :flower:

Thanks veryblue! My excitement over the Vitex working was short lived. My surgery is scheduled for 5/19 and I have to stop taking all vitamins 7 days before surgery. So it will probably set me back a bit. So bummed about that! :( BUT I'm so excited to finally get this stone out of me!!

Babysquash, its just a small hurdle, you will be over it in no time and thankfully you will then be stone free and be able to focus on your fertility.

So as for me i am sticking to healthy breakfasts and lunches, raw salad with butternut squash and lots of other goodies and turkey. Im having a normal dinner so not unhealthy but not as healthy as lunch. I am also limiting my snacking.

So i really hope it does something for me. How long do you recon a change in diet will take to have an effect. Im not sully i know its not overnight (although we all hope that it would be)

Thanks for the encouragement Opto! I appreciate it. :)

I would say 2-4 weeks is a good time to evaluate. So lets say that you add something or take something away and eat like that for a couple of weeks. Everyone measures success differently so I don't want to assume you are trying to lose weight but lets say you are....If you don't see a couple pounds come off in two weeks I think that is a good time to reevaluate.

Well that's good news about the surgery. How soon after will you be able to resume your supplements?

Opto, agree with baby about how long till you evaluate your diet. You're doing great!

Ok so today i went on an induction course and although i took and ate my salad i still fed myself with a mini cake and biscuits which i feel bad about! I need to kick myself into gear!

I shall give 2/4 weeks of completely clean eating to see if it makes a difference and hopefully i will be on metformin by then! And maybe just maybe i will have ovulated.

I shall give 2/4 weeks of completely clean eating to see if it makes a difference and hopefully i will be on metformin by then! And maybe just maybe i will have ovulated.
That sounds like a very realistic and awesome plan!:thumbup::thumbup: 2 thumbs up lol :haha:

Just had a strike of blood in mucus when I wiped just now. I'm freaking out, is AF comming a whole week early? :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->