PCOS and ttc ladies

I'll join :) I was officially dx'd with PCOS on my 23rd birthday but I've suffered with symptoms and drs not well versed in PCOS since I was 11. I'm 32 and I have a dd who will be 3 in February. I conceived her taking 2000mg of metformin and 80mgs of soy on cd 3-7. After her birth, my cycle regulated itself and ranges from 28-30 days. My dbf and I decided to start ttc #2 in August but I got lazy about tempin and charting lolz plus I just started a new job in September so that kind of put the ttc on hold until I was out of my probationary period which was last week.
I'm currently 5 dpo and AF is due on Christmas so I will be trying to hold off testing until Christmas Eve, but I'm sure I will test before then lolz....I've done a lot of research on PCOS and natural remedies so I'd be more than happy to offer suggestions. Good luck ladies and baby dust

Congratulation...............
I also have a 8 month old daughter and trying for second..........well for the first one I had to wait 13 years.......I was also diagnosed with PCOS IN 2004.... ....My cycle are also regular since the birth of my daughter.........best of luck to everyone...........

Hi ladies--I just wanted to let you all know that I got my bfp for this cycle...delivering this message to you all is bitter sweet because I feel bad as God willing, this will be my second child, while many of you havent experienced the joys of your firsts yet. But I do understand your plight as it is mine as well and I am hoping that inspiration can be found in my news because I was told by 3 different doctors that I could not have children. This cycle was unmedicated and I took absolutely nothing but a multi whenever I could remember to...I am cautiously happy as I have experienced many many losses before my dd but I am happy that my body seems to be functioning as it should none the less. Stay optimistic ladies and I hope you all have a wonderful holiday

Airy YAY!:happydance: first BFP of this thread!! Lets hope the ball rolling for many more! Roll on 2013 hopefully it will be a good year for all of us! x

I'll join :) I was officially dx'd with PCOS on my 23rd birthday but I've suffered with symptoms and drs not well versed in PCOS since I was 11. I'm 32 and I have a dd who will be 3 in February. I conceived her taking 2000mg of metformin and 80mgs of soy on cd 3-7. After her birth, my cycle regulated itself and ranges from 28-30 days. My dbf and I decided to start ttc #2 in August but I got lazy about tempin and charting lolz plus I just started a new job in September so that kind of put the ttc on hold until I was out of my probationary period which was last week.
I'm currently 5 dpo and AF is due on Christmas so I will be trying to hold off testing until Christmas Eve, but I'm sure I will test before then lolz....I've done a lot of research on PCOS and natural remedies so I'd be more than happy to offer suggestions. Good luck ladies and baby dust

Hi Airy,
Been diagnosed with PCOS since August, TTC #2 since 3 months, no luck so far. TSH and Prolactin levels are normal. Currently on my longest cycle observed so far (40 days and counting). What natural remedies would you recommend? Any help is appreciated.
Thanks!

I was diagnosed with pcos as a teen. It never really bothered me until I got married and wanted to have a baby. My husband and I have been ttc ( when he's actually around- army wife) since June of 2009. I am getting so sad and disappointed every time I see a new pregnancy announcement. ):

Thanks for the congrats ladies :)

Lichongchai-- have you ever tried natural progesterone cream to bring on your AF? whenever I had a long cycle with no af in sight, I would use npc to bring her down...typically would take about 3-5 days to get results. I used NOW brand, they sell it on amazon I think its like $12 Also to help balance your hormones in general, I recommend Macca root as it is an adaptogen and it works with the entire endocrine system regulating whatever hormone that is lacking or is in abundance. I love it as it gives me a much needed boost of energy and it also helped with my excessive hair issue.

Lichongchai-- have you ever tried natural progesterone cream to bring on your AF? whenever I had a long cycle with no af in sight, I would use npc to bring her down...typically would take about 3-5 days to get results. I used NOW brand, they sell it on amazon I think its like $12 Also to help balance your hormones in general, I recommend Macca root as it is an adaptogen and it works with the entire endocrine system regulating whatever hormone that is lacking or is in abundance. I love it as it gives me a much needed boost of energy and it also helped with my excessive hair issue.

Thanks for the advice! Also, many many congratulations on your baby news.
I live in India, so am not really sure where I can obtain the cream and the root. Any suggestions?

I was diagnosed with pcos as a teen. It never really bothered me until I got married and wanted to have a baby. My husband and I have been ttc ( when he's actually around- army wife) since June of 2009. I am getting so sad and disappointed every time I see a new pregnancy announcement. ):

Sandcane! I hate that feeling of dissapointment when you hear about someone being pregnant! I don't think its the sort of thing anyone can understand unless they have actually personally been through it themselves. It's not that you resent that they are pregnant its just you wish it was you as well soooooo much!

My SIL is pregnant and when my DH was saying to his Bro about us trying for a long time he scoffed at him 'everyone trys for a long time'. I was so hurt I had to walk away! Yes some people do take longer but we have a medical problem which prevents us which makes it much harder. That's why forums like this help so much!

Becca89 - How are you hun?

xx

Hi jojolabobo thank you for asking, was due to ovulate yesterday but have had no opks so just hope- and as you mentioned hopefully Airys bfp has started off a role for us,
How are you feeling about your ovarie drilling?
Hope everyone has had a good xmas! And welcome 2013 lucky for some! Hopefully all of us!
And I agree it is so frustratig when people dont understand that it is very hard for us to concieve due to our pcos, grrr!!

Thanks for the advice! Also, many many congratulations on your baby news.
I live in India, so am not really sure where I can obtain the cream and the root. Any suggestions?

I usually order off amazon.com not sure if they deliver to india

Becca - Fx'd for you!! do you OV regularly? Feeling ok, like a weird mix of nervous but excited becuase I feel like it is a fresh start to ttc for me so I just want it to be here!

Just wondering, what made all you ladies decide it was time you wanted a baby? For me I always wanted one, I have 3 lil brothers who I just loved helping out with and I've always been fasinated with babies and pregnancy. But a friend of mine recently said that it was having a lil brother which put her off having babies forever so I just wondered what it was that made you ladies want one?

xx

I was having iregular periods for 6 months which resulted me in getting a scan and diagnosed with pcos in november- and somehow since my period which was just before the scan I have magically been regular since then! So yes deff fingers crossed :) thank you
Oh I can imagine, but deff a fresh for ttc :) things can only get better, so fingers crossed for you too- can you start ttc straight away?

And for the why we are ttc, we have been talking about babies for a while but we were looking to hold on for a few years as im doing my post grad year in becoming a primary school teacher, but due to pcos I am ttc earlier than planned- but same as you have always wanted a child- love each and every one :) and cant wait to have my own :)

diagnosed Pcos when I was 18, am now 26. I east told we wouldn't be able to have children without help, if at all. six months after trying I fell pg with dd. she's now 18 months and I'm ttc number 2 and hoping I get lucky twice :)

Hi, this is very nice new to hear about your first baby congratulations :) you give me hope,

I do have that feelings i will be lucky next month, as i am at home in Wales while ttc so i would like to believe being home will make me lucky lol

How long have you been trying for number 2?
What are your cycles like? xxx

hiya

I've only just seen this sorry.

we've been ntnp for a couple of months but tool ovulation tests this month. my cycles are all over the place, it's hard to time and plan. I usually spontaneously bleed between periods as well and I bleed for a few weeks at a time. I feel like I'm stabbing in the dark taking ovulation tests tbh, I'm taking them randomly and if it comes up positive were having sex. this month I Took a positive ot on the 19th. dtd that night. started bleeding the next day (??) and then I took another positive ot today??? totally bizarre!

For those in the United States, go to your pharmacist and ask for Pregnitude. It is a natural treatment for PCOS (Myoinositol) and does not require a prescription. You can also buy it on the Pregnitude website (ships by Amazon). Some PCOS patients may ovulate using Pregnitude without Clomid, and others will still need Clomid. The Pregnitude increases the chances of ovulation and improves egg quality.

Becca at least your cycles are regular, must be lovley to have an idea of whats going on and when I'm most looking forward to that after the op.

Yes we are allowed to start as soon as I'm feeling comfotable and I just cant wait to get going :)

Mummy2be that sounds very strange, have you told your doc about it? Do they think that its related to your pcos?

Mummy2be- that does sound very strange and confusing, i have read that women with pcos have difficulties with opk testing due to our imbalanced hormone of the lh- which is what the opk measures! Have you spoken to your doctor? are you taking anything to help regulate your periods? Sorry if you have mentioned this previously(dont want to loose what iv written lol)

jojolabobo- Yes it is nice to be back to normal, i just hope this lasts or may i say i hope it doesn't last as i hope to have no cycles (pregnant) lol
Oh gosh i bet you cant wait to have normal cycles- hopefully yourl be comfortable very soon, and get that answer deserved :)

Same thing here.

I've been with my boyfriend six years not preventing but not trying.

I was diagnosed with PCOS last year.. I figured something was wrong since I never have a period. It's probably been around 5 years since a normal period. I had to use provera to start one last march.

My doctor prescribed me Clomid and I just finsihed that on dec 15th.

Stupid pcos. =[

ninifay- it is very frustrating :( i hope you get somewhere soon, are you going back on clomid? xx

I will go back on it if it didn't work this time around.

Although I'm completely in the dark about when to start and all that since I have no periods...

Still waiting to talk to the dr =[

Hey Everyone

I ended up miscarrying yesterday at 4 weeks 6 days :( Going to take soy, red raspberry leaf and baby asprin to help my lining as my Ob suspected was the cause of the m/c. SO wants to try again this cycle, I'm not so sure I'm ready...its been so long since I've had a m/c I'm not really handling it well

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->