PCOS Buddies TTC#1

Jess125

Reaction score
I'm looking for buddies with PCOS who are TTC#1. I've been TTC#1 for over 6 months now and found out I have PCOS in February. I'm angry and upset over it and I feel like no one really understands how I feel so I think it would be helpful having buddies in a similar situation. Let me know if you're interested in being buddies!

Hello!
I am in a similar situation so it would be nice to be friends and chat and support each other!
Im TTC my first baby! I have just found out that I probz have PCOS! It will be 9 months this month for me TTC!
Good luck and lots of BABY DUST!
XOX

Hello Ladies....

May I join in...? Found out that I have PCOS today, doc's appointment on Tuesday, so not started with medication yet but the u/s today confirmed that I have PCOS....Have been TTC#1 since 15 months....!!!

Hello!
Aww sorry to hear that you have just had it confirmed! Have u just had tests done? Whats happening at your next appointment?
BABY DUST!
xox

Hello!
Aww sorry to hear that you have just had it confirmed! Have u just had tests done? Whats happening at your next appointment?
BABY DUST!
xox

Yes, I just found out that I have PCOS, doc's appointment is on Tuesday...!!!
I have hypothyroid too so...:( all the more worst....Have other test results pending which are due on tuesday...!!! Hence, the medication and treatment starts from tuesday after the doc's appointment...!!!Have been married for almost 1.5 years and have been TTC since day 1...

Whats your story, hope you dont mind my askin...!!1

I got married last year! Been TTC for 9 months this month!
I have just had blood tests which showed high testosterone!
Then an ultrasound and internal scan which showed increased or enlarged follicles!
The Dr said it seems to indicate that I have PCOS!
I have acne and irregular periods!
My hubby is getting a SA next week!
I was told last time tho that depending on his results he might leave me until its been a year and a half!
Its so hard and frustrating!
Ive had my smear re done as I have abnormal cells!
I was on the pill before I started TTC which helped my symptoms!
Im trying allsorts!
Started peppermint tea today! I started Agnus Cactus last week and Vitamin B Complex!
Im on CD46 today and no AF still!
BABY DUST!
xox

I got married last year! Been TTC for 9 months this month!
I have just had blood tests which showed high testosterone!
Then an ultrasound and internal scan which showed increased or enlarged follicles!
The Dr said it seems to indicate that I have PCOS!
I have acne and irregular periods!
My hubby is getting a SA next week!
I was told last time tho that depending on his results he might leave me until its been a year and a half!
Its so hard and frustrating!
Ive had my smear re done as I have abnormal cells!
I was on the pill before I started TTC which helped my symptoms!
Im trying allsorts!
Started peppermint tea today! I started Agnus Cactus last week and Vitamin B Complex!
Im on CD46 today and no AF still!
BABY DUST!
xox

Aww can understand what u r goin thru..! It is indeed very frustrating and depressing....I was literally in tears when the doc announced it...!!! It shattered everytning...Yes, trying all sorts seems to be the best option as we do not know what would work for us...!!!

Have no idea regarding the tea and agnus cactus however has your doc adviced folic acid tablets???

Ohh 46, have you tested yet..??? I had a longest cycle ever of 70 days last month which made me go to the doc and get everythin tested...!!! have you started with PCOS medication???

The Doctor didnt advise Folic Acid but I started taking it before I finished my last pack of pills as I had done some reasearch so im taking that! Are you? One Dr I saw mentioned it but apart from that all the Drs have told me so far is to have sex every 2-3 days and thats it! They said hopefully then you might catch it if you cant work out your cycles!
Yes its very depressing, ive cried loads since finding out and thinking about it, even when I suspected it and Drs wouldnt test me!
Are you regular?
No I havent been prescribed anything yet? I just got told the pill will help regulate me but obv theres no point because it will stop me getting pregnant! and I will have the same problem when I come off! I got told I could get antibiotics for acne but they might harm the foetus so he advised against them!
I just feel so useless!
Do you think u will be given something?
What tests have you had so far or need?
Thanks! Nice to chat to people who understand and we can all support each other!
xox

The Doctor didnt advise Folic Acid but I started taking it before I finished my last pack of pills as I had done some reasearch so im taking that! Are you? One Dr I saw mentioned it but apart from that all the Drs have told me so far is to have sex every 2-3 days and thats it! They said hopefully then you might catch it if you cant work out your cycles!
Yes its very depressing, ive cried loads since finding out and thinking about it, even when I suspected it and Drs wouldnt test me!
Are you regular?
No I havent been prescribed anything yet? I just got told the pill will help regulate me but obv theres no point because it will stop me getting pregnant! and I will have the same problem when I come off! I got told I could get antibiotics for acne but they might harm the foetus so he advised against them!
I just feel so useless!
Do you think u will be given something?
What tests have you had so far or need?
Thanks! Nice to chat to people who understand and we can all support each other!
xox

Yes, pls continue with the folic acid as it helps conception, I am taking it as my doc precribed it and a lot of friends who are TTC have been adviced to take it so its better if you take it....are you tracking your ovulation cause if you are irregular it would be difficult to track when you are ovulating....

Once you track your ovulation you can concentrate on the bding on those days...however it is adviced to start with bding from CD10 or 12 on every alternate day so that you do not miss the d day...!!!

My cycles have been regular untill the last one which was the longest ever (70 days)....however the doc has suggested that we start the medication once the test results are read by her...!!!

Will definitely let you know abt the medication and my test results as well...Know that people with PCOS are prescribed with medication which helps in ovulating and stuff...its strange that your doc hasnt prescibed anythin other than the pills which would definitely refrain you from conceiving, having said that, mayb the pills would help in regularising your periods, pls ask your doc as many qs as you can so that you know what is happein in your body...!!!

I know thats why im worried in case im not its hard to track anything at the moment! But im thinking of trying to get lots of OPKS cheap online as Ill have to test everyday as my cycles are so long and irregular!
Do you track?
We try and DTD as much as possible! Ive even tried headstands lol!
Aww thats good if ur getting help!
My first Dr I went to wouldnt even test! So I tried my old one they seem to all think I have to wait so long and see if it happens naturally first!
I hoped that with these results I would get help? Is your OH getting tested? Mine needs testing first to see if there are problems on both sides first!
I think he was just pointing out that it helps my acne and makes my periods turn up every month! Otherwise ive been on and off pills and switched for years but ive always been irregular when not on the pill since I started my periods! Which is why I knew something was wrong!
Im going to see how my OHs test goes and the results and my smear results again! Then take it from there! See if he does anything else to help me?
xox

I know thats why im worried in case im not its hard to track anything at the moment! But im thinking of trying to get lots of OPKS cheap online as Ill have to test everyday as my cycles are so long and irregular!
Do you track?
We try and DTD as much as possible! Ive even tried headstands lol!
Aww thats good if ur getting help!
My first Dr I went to wouldnt even test! So I tried my old one they seem to all think I have to wait so long and see if it happens naturally first!
I hoped that with these results I would get help? Is your OH getting tested? Mine needs testing first to see if there are problems on both sides first!
I think he was just pointing out that it helps my acne and makes my periods turn up every month! Otherwise ive been on and off pills and switched for years but ive always been irregular when not on the pill since I started my periods! Which is why I knew something was wrong!
Im going to see how my OHs test goes and the results and my smear results again! Then take it from there! See if he does anything else to help me?
xox

Getting OPK's and tracking it is a good idea...I just started this month and the doc said that she suspected PCOS, it was CD 17 and I hadnt ovulated so she said that maybe I am not....:(...Yes, maybe he wants the evil witch to be on track first which would eventually help with your acne too and avoid antibiotics as they can definitely harm the foetus...!! DH also needs to be tested which he is not very comfortable with it, will have him tested somehow next week, fingers crossed..!!!

I know mine isnt so keen either he said he is only doing it for me coz I worry im sure he will be fine but its a male pride thing!
I think thats the worst worrying if u havent ovulated or not!

I know mine isnt so keen either he said he is only doing it for me coz I worry im sure he will be fine but its a male pride thing!
I think thats the worst worrying if u havent ovulated or not!

absolutely....wish we would be signalled about when we ovulate and when we are pregnant cause awaiting these two is a killer...:cry:

Ur deffo right there! Esp the ovulating one if only there was a simple test so you knew!

May I join? I am in a similar situation. 22 y/o, diagnosed with PCOS 6 months ago. Everything is perfect with my DH, his SA came back normal with some strong little swimmers :) Now if we could only get them to reach the egg and stick there!
The metformin im on has helped me get my periods back, and it looks like my first round of Clomid helped me ovulate because it resulted in a "chemical pregnancy". It was such a heart break to know that I was so close to my BFP! But, I'm staying optimistic. Nice to meet you, ladies! Sticky little beans to all on this forum!! :]

Yes of course ur welcome to join in the more the merrier we can all try and support and help each other! I'm glad to hear that your OH is okay at least that's one good thing! How were you diagnosed? How long have u been TTC? I'm sorry to hear about your loss! Nice to meet you as well! Sending lots of love and baby dust hopefully it will be our cycles soon and we will get our bfps! xox

I was diagnosed six months ago. When I was in Iraq, I went on the depo shot simply because I didnt want to have a period while I was there. Welp, I never got them back when I came off of it. After lots of tests I was diagnosed with PCOS and anovulation. I started the metformin at 1700 mg per day, and that helped me get a 45 day cycle back (better than nothing I suppose). Right before my first round of clomid I had my first chemical pregnancy and then last month I experienced my second. It was heartbreaking, but I am trying to stay positive! At least I can get pregnant, right?? So my RE bumped me up to 100 mg this month and today is CD 4, day 2 of Clomid. Fingers and toes crossed, prayers are said...not just for me but for you girls too!!

Are you in the forces then? I'm so sorry to hear about your losses they must have been heartbreaking! I'm sending you lots of love and baby dust! Has the medication been worthwhile for you so far? Are you ovulating now? I'm not sure if I am? Its hard going thru the tests esp when the results aren't what u wanna hear! But we are here to be buddies and support you! Where are you at in your cycle now?
xox

Sorry I'm on my phone at the moment and the screens small I've just realised you said ur on CD4! Do u know what day ur due to ovulate and when you are due now? Long irregular cycles are the worst! xox
BABY DUST!

I am due to ovulate on or around the 19th of this month. I did ovulate last month, I believe on CD 16...so there is still hope! It seems that my issue hasnt been getting pregnant, but staying that way. So we are praying for a very sticky little bean this month.
And yes, my hubby and I are both medics in the Army. We met in Iraq 3 years ago and we were just married on St Patricks Day last month. We are SO ready to have a little one! Nick has been great throughout this whole process.... he did the SA and is always very patient with my crazy emotions and strict BD schedule lol. Im a lucky lady to have him. Now all we need is a baby to make our family complete. fingers crossed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->