PCOS Club!

I would suggest posting that question in ttc section or here https://www.babyandbump.com/ttc-groups/228332-new-charting-join-other-newbies-here.html.
Some charting veterans can help you if any ladies here cant.I would think if u have pain and opk +ve and cm and a temp shift,it cant hardly be a coincidence.But temp shift happens after u ovulate right.:wacko:.Im new to charting myself and a lazy one at that:haha:.
Let us know how it goes.Post a question.Some ladies are very good.

Jewlmel, I will agree with you on that. Lets wait and see if it works. Allthough soft cups are new to me. I have never heard about them what is it. You are going to wait until the seventh to test are you talking about pg test or opking test.
For opking I will start testing after I stop my period. And for the pg test I will test on aug 4th and the 7th. I want to do the opking test this month to see if it works out. But i will also check cervix as well.

Courtney
yes you are right about the opking test. I took them for three months and never got a postive. So my doctor do some blood work and found out I was Oing its just that the opking wouldn't work for me casue i have hormonal PCOS. not the IRPCOS.

I still want to try them this cycle cause I am taking soy and I want to see if it makes a difference but it probably wont.

I meant pg test..but last month at that time..i was testing for opk(long cycle):dohh:.Im new to softcup myself.But worked for a lot of ladies with preseed.
https://www.softcup.com/video.html

Im just going to try it.To prevent all that leakage.Since OH has low SA ,gotta make sure that all the little guys get a shot.:haha:.But gotta release an egg first.Dang body!!!

jwelmel, I just looked at your chart for your last cycle and you had 2 positive OPKs after they suspected your O....so that leaves me thinking that it is possible to get a positive opk after O.

For "normal" people...not us lol...you would usually have a positive opk and then have an upwards thermal shift. Mine however is looking like I had a positive opk yesterday, a thermal shift this morning, and another positive opk this morning. And with the thermal shift this morning, it would mean I O'd yesterday or sometime last night.

Either way, I think we are covered. My DH and I :sex: two nights ago and we will again tonight.

COurtneys FF chart:
https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2f8152/

There ya go people can look at it now :)

redrose - its odd that they kept you on metformin when you were proven to not have IR-PCOS since the metformin is to help the insulin resistance (hence why they give it to people with diabetes)

Thank you NGRidley. It is kinda creepy that you are able to access my chart though lol. I suppose it could be because I use the same log in name on there as I do here, so it would be easy to look me up.

HI Courtney,

I seriously got only a slightly dark opk last month,but since it was darker than the rest of the month ,i took it as my +ve.As for my chart,i kind of put in some temps as i had an exam during that time and was sitting up all night,so i kind of made my chart ovulate,its not accurate.Knowing that i dont ovulate it depressing.But if i have the pain and watery CM,its bound to be ovulation right?

Has any of the girls here tried CBFM.Does it work with pcos cos of irregular cycles.Going to walmart todya to grab some answer opks and softcups.
I pray all of us get our bfps soon.:hugs:

Can u believe OH's comment today " a lot of people get pregnant without doing these".Of course they do,maybe they dont have pcos and low sa:growlmad:

Ok so this mornings OPK was - and my temp went down slightly (0.33 degrees F), so I am pretty sure I haven't O'd just yet, but it should be coming. I'll keep you posted to let you know what is going on.

yeah...keep us posted.GL to ovulation!!!:thumbup:.LAst month everytime my temp went im like ...ok its ovulation and then it dipped....:dohh:....hoping 2 hear some good news from ur end.

NGRidley,
Yeah I thought so to but my endo doctor told me it was the only medication out there that would help PCOS and possibly be able to get you pg. Oh well I am glad I am off of that stuff now.

Hello ladies how is every one today.

So have any of you ladies read that coffee (caffeine) and processed sugar is bad for us ladies with pcos ? Any one still have there coffee in the morning or should I give it up :( Every morning I have a ice coffee and splenda I'm cutting back on carbs and no sodas and I'm not much on alcohol so that's not an issue just wondering how you ladies feel about coffee and if your dr have told you yes or no ?

i ladies,
i know im a little behind on this but i just found this thread. i have finally been sent to the endo after a yr and half off ttc and no periods on my own after b/c. i always have pain like cramps and the docs dont know y, i had a lap done and it came back normal..my gyn put me on a few differnt progestrins to get me to start but even that didnt work, it just made me gain weight and now im insulin restiant. have been told by the endo that usually with insulin resistance comes pcos but didnt test me for that. i have most of the symptoms for it such as the weight around the belly, skin tags that look like moles,my tummy is kinda hairy(ewww) no periods, no O. so i have been put on metformin 500 3x a day. ( although some times i forget 1)and also provera after the metformin didnt make me start. im finally on cd 1 today with really bad cramps and now a not so happy tummy...

question.............those of you on metformin about how long did it take to regulate ure cycles and did you notice ovulation? i dont know anybody who is taking it for the same reasons i am so any help would be great

Thank you NGRidley. It is kinda creepy that you are able to access my chart though lol. I suppose it could be because I use the same log in name on there as I do here, so it would be easy to look me up.

I was able to access your chart because you had a messed up chart in your signature....where you tried to post your ticker.....I took the code from there and I change the work "ticker" to "home"

So have any of you ladies read that coffee (caffeine) and processed sugar is bad for us ladies with pcos ? Any one still have there coffee in the morning or should I give it up :( Every morning I have a ice coffee and splenda I'm cutting back on carbs and no sodas and I'm not much on alcohol so that's not an issue just wondering how you ladies feel about coffee and if your dr have told you yes or no ?

They say sugar is bad because of the insulin resistance and not being able to process sugar properly. This is why many doctors suggest metformin (which is for diabetics originally) as well as the GI diet (again originally suggested for diabetics) for people with PCOS

Well I knew it already guess it's time to stop the coffee to small sacrifices I guess :) thanks

I have really bad back pain today and think something is happening down there, fingers crossed, I get a period this month

I have heard that caffeine is horrible for us. It is a natural diuretic and so it will decrease the amount of water that we have in our bodies. Without enough water in our bodies, our systems do not function as they should. Without proper function or enough water, our adrenal glands can become fatigued...and they already don't work correctly for us, so why risk more harm. Also, you need a large amount of water to help increase the amount of CM. Which we all know is very important and for those who are on Clomid, we already run the risk of hostile CM.

I was told to limit the amount of caffeine I take in. I don't have to completely eliminate it from my diet, but I need to keep it to a minimal. I now drink caffeine-free soda, caffeine-free tea and when I want coffee, I use a smaller cup than I used to so I don't drink as much.

And as for the sugar, NGRidley already summed it all up.

Hey mandyV My doc told me it was okay to have one coffee but he wanted me to drink it black(Nasty). Well i ended up giving it up along with every thing else. No sodas, Kool aid or any other sugar drink for that matter goes.

Hey Sam1588, I was on met for a while and never noticed a difference. My periods didn't change and I didn't ovulate with it either. I was put on provera for starting periods and clomid to start Ovulation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->