PCOS Club!

Steph -

That's weird they didn't explain about the thick lining..where I am, they explain everything (before, during, and after). I'm not too sure exactly what a thick lining does, but read it is caused by too much estrogen? (maybe?) and you are usually given provera to induce AF, which thins the lining. However, I read somewhere else that progesterone causes a thickening of the lining to prepare for pregnancy. Other than that, I really don't know. So sorry I can't help anymore than that. Keep us updated

Thankyou so much for your information it wasnt my usual nurse and i also thought it was wierd she didnt explain to me she looked like she couldnt be bothered,well i have to phone them tomorrow for blood results heres hopeing thnkyou and will let u know outcome xxxx:kiss:

Yey glad it all went well maria...soo hope it worked for you!!

Well I guess that makes a little more sense, but that doesn't help when you're left to worry about what it means before you get that call. :hugs:

Back to square one. CD3 here.
I'm so irregular, its frustrating. But this month is totally different I never usually cramp so much or really flow. Let's hope this means I actually O this month!

First round of clomid this month after six months without knowing I had pcos. Ii'm on CD13 today and the doc told me that there is one 23mm follie and gave me a Ovidrel trigger shot so I hope that this is the month!

whoop 1dpo today Maria, only 12ish to go before testing :)

Well I have a negative but very near positive OPK today, its not as dark as i have had before but pretty dark and came up straight away. Now do you think that i might get a proper positive tomorrow (I have had 2 days of positives the past few cycles) so wait and BD tomorrow or should I worry that i may have cuaght the peak on way up or down and i might get a negative tomorrow and should BD tonight?

We BD last night so I am thinking that i can leave today and do tomorrow either way? 3 days in a row is unlikely to happen.

Honey - if you BD'ed last night then Id probably leave it till tomorrow morning - if you can do it in the morning. And then again on Sunday night - that should have you covered nicely :thumbup:

Yep, the days just drag now...don't know how Ill survive for 12 days :wacko:

oh im so excited to see what happes maria....

also im excited about going home tonight and being with OH its been a long boring 4 days. my nipples r slowly stating to hurt so i know i did O the other day and ive been getting those bad stabbing pains down there now just waiting for AF to move on again

Fxx Maria! Anything you like to do that might keep your mind off the 2ww? I'm pretty sure I o'd yesterday or today, so I'll be waiting along with you :)

I am 13 DPO today and still no sign of AF... Boobs are still super sore but I just kinda feel like AF is right around the corner. Very emotional and crap. The last few months I have had a 12 day LP so a little part of me is hoping I am preggers but realistically I know I am not because my temperature dropped below my coverline today. Boo. *sigh* I just want to get on to the next cycle. Blah.

:hugs: SweetJennie. I understand just wanting to get the next cycle on with when you know this cycle is not the one. :hugs:

Two questions: How long have you been on metformin? And, has it seemed to help with regulating your cycle at all?

I've been on Metformin since August this time. I was on it a few years ago too when I was diagnosed with PCOS. I don't ovulate without it or have normal cycles but when on it, it is like a miracle drug. For me anyway. It has made my life normalish and livable. :p

I love the sound of "Miracle Drug" :haha: I had a consult with our RE nurse Monday as I'm starting on clomid next cycle. Long story short, I mentioned metformin but was told that they most likely would not prescribe that for me. Hmmm...I may just have to keep "mentioning" it. My cycles are, and always have been, irregular -- many times going MIA -- so this may be worth a shot. Never was a problem til we started ttc, in fact I enjoyed not having to worry about a visit from AF every month :laugh2:

I went from having periods all the time to having AF go MIA as well. At those times I agree it wasn't an issue when we weren't TTC lol. I know metformin doesn't work for everyone but without it I know I would be miserable and sick. If you have a lot of problems with AF maybe giving metformin a chance wouldn't be a bad thing.

I would love to try it, just to see. I will definitely talk to my RE about it if clomid doesn't help with ovulation. :)

Maria - Something I found in the tww threads...had a little chuckle while reading it myself
https://www.babyandbump.com/two-week-wait/503672-something-cheer-you-up-tww.html

Stash - it is hillarious! I think Ill be hating the sleep deprivation...but for everything else Im sooo ready!

Im only 2 DPO and struggling already. Wish there was a fast forward button :haha:

Jenny - I admire your willpower! Id be testing like a maniac from 10DPO :haha: I am such a POAS addict :dohh:

I hope af stays away for you and you get a BFP very soon! Temps are not the most accurate symptom and can go down as well as up :thumbup:

Honey - what's the OPK doing today?

sma - how are you feeling? The progesterone supplements gave me huge heavy boobs that feel uncomfortable from time to time and sore nipples - but I get that on my own in the 2WW.

Just 9 days left till m first test...9 DAYSSSS!! How am I going to survive??? :rofl:

Jenny how have you not tested!!! Please test would love to get a BFP for the board :)

Maria, I actually like the first week of the 2WW, after 4 years i look forward to the hope of the 2WW especially as i used to have such irregular cycles.

done an OPK first thing (i know its not a great time to do them) and will do another this afternoon. This mornings was pretty much the same as yesterday and I have ewcm today. Will BD tonight :)

My afternoon OPK is quite a bit lighter than this morning and yesterday so I am going to count yesterdays as the positive although I think its more likely I may have got a positive overnight. Im hoping it means I will Ov this evening and we will BD tonight.

Does that sound right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"