PCOS Club!

Maria and Stash- I will be 29 in April as well!! :haha:

Maria- I am on 1st round of clomid and got some EWCM but definitely noticed I was more dry. Ultrasound tech also mentioned lining was on the "thin side." I took trigger shot on 12/30 and believe I ovd on 12/31. Goodluck with the injectibles! I dont think its too early to have EWCM. I am sure you have a nice big follie (or more) growing in there!! :dust: to all you ladies!

Well I never! We could almost set up a separate club for those ttc who were born in april! Lol!

same here HONEY i think im going to have a late O if any at all

Maria and Aries - How bizarre! All 29 in April, we could almost start a club LOL!

I am on CD17. No pos OPKs, but am having EWCM so maybe/maybe not. We BD every other day since AF stopped, so if I did o, then maybe we caught the eggy. It would be nice to get that BFP without having to start clomid, but if not then that's okay. I go in for a preg test in two weeks and if it's neg, I start on clomid and injections.

another negative OPK today, although I have started to get watery cm so I hope that is a good sign.

How is everyone else? Maria when is your next scan?

Honey - my scan is tomorrow at 9am. Im really nervous and worried the follicles haven't grown enough. Altough I have been getting constant pains in my ovaries.... - you just never know.

I also got negative OPKs yesterday and today. but it still is too early for me - even on Clomid 100mg I didn't ovulate till CD16 and Clomid 50mg it was always CD19-20.

SMA - any luck with OPKs yet?

Pinky - how are you?

Hi Ladies - hopefully with all the knowledge ad experience in this 'club' you might be able tohelp me...

I feel as though I have come to the end of the road and the toll for the next road is too expensive for me to take :cry:

A little history...

I have a gorgeous little girl who was 3 yesterday; I have been TTC for a little brother/sister for her for over 18mths.

Immediately I was given scan to see whether my severe PCOS had improved after having been pregnant twice within past 2 yrs (I lost my second baby at 14 weeks MMM), b it hadn't - in fact it was worse.

I was put straight on to a high dose of Clomid 200mg (which gave me over-active ovarian sydrome symptoms).

The clomid was then dropped to 100mg (days 2 to 5) and was also given provera to induce a period, as I only have around 3 periods a year.

I was only sent for a bloodtest to see if I was ovulating once and that showed my LH levels were low and that I might have ovulated.

I continued on Clomid until Oct this year and was taken off a doctor said it should've worked by then.

I was then sent for ovarian drilling at the end of November, I had a provera enduced period just before the surgery (surgery was very last minute as got a cancellation).

I normally have a very high pain threshold but I found the pain post surgery to be quite bad. I am now on day 40 of this cycle but no pregnancy and no period! I thought the drilling should have regulated my periods for 3 to 6 mths???

On a positive note, I feel as though the drilling has really helped with my PCOS symptoms - excessive hair/moods ec

I do not feel as though a period is looming and am now completely at a loss what to do...

My best friend wit PCOS i now pregnant and so many of my friends who started TTC at the same time as me have their babies now... it's killing me.

I am sooooo lucky to have my little girl but feel the same pain I did trying to get pregnant with her, I'm not being greedy in wanting another child I just feel like our family isn't complete yet.

SO WHAT TO DO NOW...

I need a plan to get me from one day to the next (it's how I function).

IVF is so expensive and the docs do not want me to continue on clomid, I forgot to mention I started on Metformin in July 2010 which has helped with PCOS symptoms but not ovulating -

So in a nutshell I am now on my own (obviously with hubby too)... I feel like giving up but I just can't (and if one more person says to give up and it will happen I my scream!)

Does anyone have pearls of wisdom or similiar experiences to mine???

Is IVF the only road left???

I would love your words of advice

xxxx

Welcome to the PCOS club :)

A few questions from me, how did you concieve your DD?

Have you tried IUI?

All OK with Hubby?

Do you have a high BMI?

Sorry for questions hun, just wanted to understand your situation more x

maria and honey----
i was the same way i wasnt getting pos opks but now im getting somewhat darker opks so there on the way...i bet it will be cd 14 that i O. i started getting watery-ish CM and now im getting the somewhat darker lines..... but i must say we are BD like crazy and will continue that. we had a great day today and will end it good too

Hi Ladies - hopefully with all the knowledge ad experience in this 'club' you might be able tohelp me...

I feel as though I have come to the end of the road and the toll for the next road is too expensive for me to take :cry:

A little history...

I have a gorgeous little girl who was 3 yesterday; I have been TTC for a little brother/sister for her for over 18mths.

Immediately I was given scan to see whether my severe PCOS had improved after having been pregnant twice within past 2 yrs (I lost my second baby at 14 weeks MMM), b it hadn't - in fact it was worse.

I was put straight on to a high dose of Clomid 200mg (which gave me over-active ovarian sydrome symptoms).

The clomid was then dropped to 100mg (days 2 to 5) and was also given provera to induce a period, as I only have around 3 periods a year.

I was only sent for a bloodtest to see if I was ovulating once and that showed my LH levels were low and that I might have ovulated.

I continued on Clomid until Oct this year and was taken off a doctor said it should've worked by then.

I was then sent for ovarian drilling at the end of November, I had a provera enduced period just before the surgery (surgery was very last minute as got a cancellation).

I normally have a very high pain threshold but I found the pain post surgery to be quite bad. I am now on day 40 of this cycle but no pregnancy and no period! I thought the drilling should have regulated my periods for 3 to 6 mths???

On a positive note, I feel as though the drilling has really helped with my PCOS symptoms - excessive hair/moods ec

I do not feel as though a period is looming and am now completely at a loss what to do...

My best friend wit PCOS i now pregnant and so many of my friends who started TTC at the same time as me have their babies now... it's killing me.

I am sooooo lucky to have my little girl but feel the same pain I did trying to get pregnant with her, I'm not being greedy in wanting another child I just feel like our family isn't complete yet.

SO WHAT TO DO NOW...

I need a plan to get me from one day to the next (it's how I function).

IVF is so expensive and the docs do not want me to continue on clomid, I forgot to mention I started on Metformin in July 2010 which has helped with PCOS symptoms but not ovulating -

So in a nutshell I am now on my own (obviously with hubby too)... I feel like giving up but I just can't (and if one more person says to give up and it will happen I my scream!)

Does anyone have pearls of wisdom or similiar experiences to mine???

Is IVF the only road left???

I would love your words of advice

xxxx

I have a friend who has 3 adopted children and was told she would probably never have her own but doctors couldn't figure out why nothing would work. She started taking a supplement called Chiral Balance
https://www.chiralbalance.com/

She was only taking it a few months when she turned up pregnant all on her own, as she was not trying or preventing as she believed she could not conceive naturally.

Even if it did not get you pregnant it may still help with your PCOS symptoms if you have any that you are worried about.

Hope this is helpful :flower:

Hi ladies, I'm new here and had a question. A little background, I have PCOS and used 50mgs of Clomid for one month to conceive my daughter, who will be 3 this spring. We thought, when it was time to start trying again it would happen just as easily. We have now been on 2 months of 50mgs Clomid and 1 month of 100mgs of Clomid b/c I am not Oing till CD 24. Upping the dose didn't help, and now my midwife says I have one last month on Clomid before moving on to a different doctor. Have any of you been in the same boat? What are the next steps? My cycles have been unmonitored so far. Our insurance doesn't cover infertility treatments so we're trying to get an idea of what to prepare for. :) Any help or your experiences would be wonderful!

hi all, been crazy around here lately :wacko: just stopping by to see how everyone is doing and wish you all a very happy new year!

WONGA - It looks like the drilling worked and lowered the testosterone so ovulation/af may be on the way.

I think you still have quite a few options like stimulation with injectibles (have to be monitored cycles) and IUI which is much cheaper than IVF.

Metformin often takes a year to work. Plus I would also try Sage Leaf supplement capsules - they are a mild hormone and help follicles grow and ovulate.

Well, ladies - my scan went well and I have one mature follicle :happydance:
Ive been given the trigger shot and the actual IUI is on Thursday morning :thumbup:

I can't believe it actually!! I wasn't expecting it until much later in the cycle - Ill be CD16!!!

GH and I have taken a day off work to be able to relax afterwards.

It still feels surreal!

Will be doing OPKs too

hey ladies i got my pos opk today, i wish it had been yesterday though because now i have to go stay with a friend for awhile due to an emergency last night with her. so i will be away from OH and thats hard enough for me but not getting to BD on the time we need to makes it worse. im going to tell him i need some before i leave lol. i dont know if i will be able to get online or not but i will lake my lap top with me

hope it all goes well on Thurs Maria! How exciting!!!

Ive got a horrible cold at the moment, my temps are all over the place, im not sure when we should start dtd..Im CD8 at the mo, was thinking about every other day from CD9 & whatever day that I get a positive opk. Do you think that is enough?

Maria, yay for follie!!! So excited about Thursday for you and what a lovely idea to have a day off together afterwards.

SMA, yay to pos OPK but sorry about your friends emergency.

We BD last night but still negative OPK for me :(

hi all im steff and ive been ttc for 7 mnths now with pcos im now on 100mg of clomid as 50 mg didnt make me ovulate but 100 did last month,
i was wondering if any ladies could help me

i started af on 25 november
took clomid days 2-6
im now on cycle day 41 no af:witch: and bfn a few days ago im not sure if i ovulated late (22nd)but i ov between 14 and 18th of the month before.
i have had no real pg symptoms apart from tiredness and heavy cm tmi soz and strange feelings that i keep putting down to af:witch: arriving but hasnt!

im wondering if anyone else has had this and got bfp after cd 41 18 dpo
:dust: to all and hope u get bfp soon
thankyou steff xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back