PCOS Club!

Glad you are feeling a bit better hun, when is AF due?

Im waiting on spotting to start on either Wed or Thurs. Still got AF cramps and started getting sticky cm today as well.

Maria sorry to hear about that, how long have u been TTC?

It seems like drilling is a good option, should probably consider it too..clomid doesn't do anything for me. Firefox- how long does it take for the all procedure to happen?

Do you girls take any soy or progesterone creams? can they help us with PCOS?

Joe&Emily- they will probably book in for some blood test and scan to confirm the PCOS. They may start given you clomid to help O.

Hi Sunny, its probably about 30mins for the procedure, I had my tubes tested with the dye at the same time - all ok apart from the pcos!

I waited just over 3 months on the NHS for the op, not bad considering im in the south where waiting times seem to be longer!

I'd def recommend it if you dont respond to clomid. I tired progesterone cream on the cycle after the drilling, it didnt make a difference to me as af showed 5 days afer ov. I thought I'd give it a go to extend my LP. Dont think I ov'd properly in the first place tho which cant have helped. Ive decided not to use it this cycle as I dont want it to skew my blood test results...if i make it to 7dpo without af that is!!

Are you on medication at the mo?

hey firefox thanks for the info!

3 months through NHS is not bad, wonder what's here in London 6 maybe? I will def think about it, sorry to ask you but what did they say reg. complication? does it def. works once it is done? i mean do they say that your ovary go back to normal or close to normality?

Don't know what to make of progesterones cream, same says it works some says no.

No medication for me, clomid did not work for me, i had to wait almost a year to get my AF in Aug 10.
I only got AF once I started taking chinese herbs, still taking them, it's the only thing that worked for me.

thanks Maria f, and so sorry to hear your news. Never give up, it will happen when you least expect it.x

Hi Ladies

I have two children age 8 and 5 - conceived first month of trying each time. Split from bloke 3 years ago (his fault) and went through sooo much stress and upset. Two years ago I met the man of my dreams and have been ttc for 12 months. I went to docs to have ovulation test - bloods and have just found out Im not ovulating...gutted and wracked with guilt as my DH has no children of his own. GP says all signs point to PCOS. First 'Infertility' (God I hate that word) appt is on Thursday.

So, sorry to ramble but can the newbie to PCOS join in too please? Feeling really fed up today. Trying really hard not to think about it too much but it is proving impossible.

Also, I bought a persona thingy (pre blood results) which so far has shown a red day every time I test. I have read this may by PCOS too. Periods can go 50 days inbetween and very painful but only last 2 days. Does this all sound similar? What should I expect on Thursday?

I'd be really grateful of any replies.
Thanks Jo xxxxxxxx

Hi jo, i to have just been diagnosed with pcos, and also have a 5 year old son conceived naturally. It is all new to me, and i have been to the fertility clinic and had various tests done, and am now on my first course of clomid. I have regular periods but they are very irratic, and i too get them very painful. I have got a blood test next monday to see if i've ovulated this month. I'm praying to god i have. Good luck at your appointment, and i hope you get some answers

Maria I'm so sorry I was so sure it was your month. Are you going to round 2 with an IUI?

Pinkee - no, I don't think there's much point in doing another IUI as Im convinced I don't ovulate properly so the sperm can never meet that egg.

So I will asking for ovarian drilling.

Honey - Im due on Wed or Thur.

Firefox - no, I never had LP problems. It was always 13-14 days.

Ladies, I think Ill be taking a break from the foorum as it's hard for me at the moment to read everyone's good news.

thanks hun ....ps every time i look at ure s/n i think of my mom and dog. i have a chiwauhauh (sp) and we call her pinky dink because shes always dressed in pink clothes.....
good luck to every1 i hope u all will join me soon.......
p.s AF was due today and so far no sign of her geting here other than these weird cramps but they dont fel like AF cramps now...im still in scock and going to the docs in about half an hour and i have to pee soooooooooooo bad lol

Hey sunny, the complications are the usual stuff with general anesthetic and risk of permanent damage or infection to the ovaries, tubes & surrounding area. Think there are pretty slim chances of if going wrong...who knows! I hope my ovaries arent anymore damaged than they were before. My FS couldnt tell me why the drilling works other than it is proven to reduce testosterone and promote ovulation by getting rid of some of the thick coating on the ovaries. Its also supposed to make you more responsive to clomid...heres hoping anyway!! The drilling is supposed to make you extremely fertile in the months after it (ive not seen the effects of that yet :)). I read that it works best if your not overweight etc....Im pretty healthy and have normal bmi so fingers crossed it will do the trick!

Bad thing about it is that the effects can only last for 6 months to two years. Im thinking worst case scenario-6 months which is why I didnt wait for another natural cycle before going back on clomid. Soo hope I havent gone through it all for the clomid STILL not to work! I keep getting stupid af style cramps which are scaring me. With a bit of luck i'll get to go for my CD21 blood test tomorrow....

Its good that the chinese herbs work for you! I could not find anything to make me ov I've tried soo many different herbs etc. Have you tried acupuncture?

thanks for all the info Firefox, i guess there is always a bit of risk when you have any kind of ops.
Do you think that maybe the cramps are due to your body adjusting to the drilling and its effect that it may have had on your ovary? when is your AF due? are you able to tell?

Yes, i tried acupuncture, i had it once a week for about 3 -4 months then stopped as the herbs seemed to work on their own. The herbs are well bitter, did you try fresh root herbs? I have to boil and then simmer them everyday! a pain..but a good pain that has worked so far, lets hope i get my af back, (waiting after MC)

Hi Honey,
I conceived my daughter naturally which was a complete shock to us and our doctors, my miracle baby.
Not tried IUI as was under the impression i needed to have periods for that procedure...
Still no period after having drilling been abt 50 days into cycle now
Hubby has been checked as it fine
My bmi is 23, I eat a low gi diet and exercise regularly... Still cant manage to have periods or ovulate, don't know what else I can do.
Xx

Congratulations Sma!!!! Sooo happy for you. :D:D

Sorry to hear the IUI didn't work for you Maria... and I understand the wanting to stay away for a while. Last time after AF showed I couldn't bare to come on here and post. I was so broken.

Its been a while so I just wanted to take a moment and say welcome to allll the new people here! Hope you find it welcoming and friendly here.

BFPs to all!

I had thought that I o'd around Jan 6th, but decided to use an OPK this morning because after this cycle I won't have much use for them (my cycles will be closely monitored) and I still have over 20 of them. I have now gotten 3 positives, and our RE told us to BD the next two days and then come in for a blood test on Feb 7. So I guess I'll be heading into another 2ww? I just read that women with PCOS are more likely to get pos OPKs throughout their cycles...anyone here experienced this? (these are my first positives EVER, but I always have a light line on my OPKs)

thanks hun ....ps every time i look at ure s/n i think of my mom and dog. i have a chiwauhauh (sp) and we call her pinky dink because shes always dressed in pink clothes.....
good luck to every1 i hope u all will join me soon.......
p.s AF was due today and so far no sign of her geting here other than these weird cramps but they dont fel like AF cramps now...im still in scock and going to the docs in about half an hour and i have to pee soooooooooooo bad lol

OMG!!! So excited for you!!! Congrats Congrats Congrats!!

Wondering if any of you lovely ladies have tried chiral balance, glucosmart or any other form of d-chiro-inositol...which is supposed to be amazing for gals with PCOS.

I haven't tried it, but I have been reading about it. It does sound very promising, but I'm afraid to try anything right now while we're undergoing fertility treatment.

Well I thought I would at least get a few days of being on spotting watch, but alas bright red spotting started today so AF will be here tomorrow or Friday (im 11dpo).

I wonder when it come to spotting in general and what it means for your cycle whether brown spotting is better than red spotting??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->