PCOS Club!

Hello ladies, i have PCOS and i have a question. My doc told me my c-peptide levels are on the high side. Does anyone know anything about c-peptide and what high levels mean????

Congratulations Kelly! wishing you a healthy & happy nine months:flower:

Hi everyone, Im not so great at the moment:cry: I got my 7DPO blood test results back and they were 17 - borderline!! Its soo frustrating, I dont feel like I've moved on at all....I could have gone for blood test too early at CD23 but as per usual all my charting etc is inconclusive so I went with the FF prediction, wish I could just know what was going on! Its like my body gears up for ov but then something happens thats not right and I dont at all or at least properly... Aaaah! Im 99.9% sure af will be here by morning, I saw slight spotting earlier and my skin has completely broken out tonight!

Ive got the doctors tomorrow so will discuss upping the clomid and also going private for follicle tracking and how I go about getting private care as I dont have a clue how to get it & know that Im not getting anywhere on the NHS!

Hope things get better for you soon Maria, sounds like you are having a bad time of it :flower:

Maria, sorry things are so difficult for you right now. :(

firefox i hope things go well at the doctors tomorrow.

i just got my 4th positive OPK in a row - my 9th positive OPK this cycle. today is CD 101. i can't wait until my D-chiro inositol arrives, i'm longing to do SOMETHING to try to ovulate or at least end this stupid cycle.

edited to add -this OPK is the darkest one i've ever seen in my life, do you think that means anything?

Hopedance - any chance of you actually being pg already? Otherwise I have had super dark OPKs too which didn't mean anything! Just meant that my LH levels were through the roof because of PCOS :wacko:

Firefox - CD23 may have been too early for progesterone tests. And the spotting could be implantation. I know from own experience how hard it is to stay positive - we are here for you chick :flower:

KKA - sorry, Ive never even heard of peptides...what do they do?

Honey - YAY on being cycle buddies although Im trying not to track things as much this month as I usually do. I just know tomorrow is the last Clomid pill and then it's Spain in 2.5 weeks :happydance:

Well, af hasnt shown yet this morning...thats something I suppose (or maybe not if I havent ov'd)! Its really silly but I always get really nervous about going to the docs!! Hope it goes ok, will update you later...im going to phone around private hospitals and see what they offer in terms of treatment & whether I need any referral from my gp!

Firefox - how haven't you tested yet :test:

Sounds like there's a good chance!!! Good Luck! :thumbup:

Thanks Maria seriously there isnt a chance, I really dont think I even Ov'd this cycle, there are too many things pointing against it!!! I did test yest and again this morning both bfn, dont know why I bothered!!

Are you any good at analysing charts?

Sorry for the extremely long post...I need to vent!!!

My doc was worse than useless today. Im not even joking when I say that she had to leave the room to go and ask someone else when I asked whether I'd be able to have scans/ cycle monitoring, she wasnt sure that it was something that can be offered!! I hate having to go through GPs all the time, they really dont know enough about specific issues to be able to play god. She couldnt tell me anything about my blood tests/ what they mean etc, Im probably being a bit harsh on her as I know they do have to have general knowledge of alot of things but still...its soo frustrating. She told me that scans would not be a benefit as all they would show was whether I had follicles developing not that I will ovulate or if there are any eggs! I tried to explain that having them at different days within my cycle would show the growth and whether there were any that were capable of releasing an egg (which that in itself means alot to me!) Its got to be a hell of alot more reliable than a blood test that can be effected by so many variables! She wasnt having any of it, so I had to give up on it with her!

Anyway I left the docs with another blood test form and was told that i'd have to phone my FS as to whether I should up the dose of clomid this month. My FS' receptionist was helpful but told me my FS was on holiday this week and not back until Mon but in the meantime she would try and get hold of the other FS and ask him as to whether I should up the dose. I hope she does phone back but to be honest Im not expecting anything until Mon at the earliest! When she does phone back I will ask about the scans again she seemed to think that I'd only get them if my FS thinks that they are of benefit, which would mean another appointment with her (I really dont like her) and a possible long wait...

Im in massive limbo again as;

1) af has not shown yet (indicating I didn't ov and will prob need provera to start my next cycle - another trip to the docs)

2) if af does show before I've had a chance to speak to the consultant do I up the dose of clomid to 100mg?!

As a back up because I dont think Im going to get anywhere on the NHS or with them privately I booked an appointment with a BMI hospital who can see me at the end of Feb to discuss whats going on & whether the cycle monitoring would be beneficial etc. I will need a GP referral for this...typical!! I think Im going to try and shop around the local private hospitals and see who can see me quickest!

Hope everyone else is doing ok!

Maria - I tested on sunday and got BFN, but will test again tomorrow assuming my ICs arrive. I'm sick of spending on FRERs and getting BFNs..

Firefox - Sorry about the BFNs. it sounds like you're very determined though which is fantastic. is going private very expensive?

Maria: I agree about not having IVF covered... one thing that upsets me is that the government will pay for perfectly healthy individuals to have vasectomies and their tubes tied but when it comes to individuals who are legitimately having medical issues, the answer for assistance getting pregnant is no! I am not saying that these other things shouldn't be covered, just that people who have fertility issues should be helped as well. We are the ones with medical problems after all! /EndRant.

Sorry to hear that your year is getting off to a hard start Maria. I've been going through a hard time too and I know what we are going through is different but if you need someone to vent or rant to you can always message me.

Firefox: Sorry you are having such a hard time with your GP. Can you switch doc? Maybe someone else would be more understanding. I know my GP is the most amazing man ever and so understanding!

Firefox - I can soooo feel your frustration! I felt exactly the same after all these wasted appointments and months and months of just waiting. It's painful enough to go through infertility to have to put up with doctors incompetence.

I'm currently with BMI in Eastbourne and they are lovely. But there are loads of totally private hospitals in London. You definitely won't need a referral there and prices aren't that much higher. They will give you all the scans and tests that you'll need.

I know it costs money and its unfair that the NHS can't help us when we most need it even though we've paid NI all our lives. But I don't care - skipping all the b/shit and waiting lists is worth it.

So I really hope that you find a good private clinic soon honey.

I'm surprised your app is not till end of Feb. I usually get mine within a couple of weeks.

Kelly- big congratulation on you pg, it's so nice to see someone that has managed to get pg after 6 years!! wishing a healthy pg

Maria- so sorry to hear about your grandmother on top of that the situation in Moscow must be quite bad right now with everything that went on yesterday.

Firefox- my gps have all been exactly the same, i changed about 3 gps cause i was always frustated with them, PCOS is such complex syndrome that very few people seem to understand the pain is causes us!!
I did managed to get referred into a hospital and when i went for the appointment the nurse told me to take clomid and to come back to monitor the follicle and to see if it worked.. ect. Infact they insited for not taking clomid unless they would have been able to monitor me.
So, it's frustating to know that your gp didn't offer you this, would you have different gps that you cant talk to? or have you made your mind up about going privately? The thing about going privately is that it is something that you need to go back often if you are financially good that's ok I could only afforded to do it for few months.

Really hope you are going to be able to solve this problem soon:flower:

Sorry for the long email girls and sorry if i go on about it, but this chinese herbs have done a miracle on me- I didn't have an AF for 11months until a started taking them- and I would def recommend them to everyone!

Alternatively if you want an easier option..have you tried D-Chiro Inositol?

Thanks everyone, yeah I keep changing which GP I see within my surgery as ALL of them are as useless as the next!! Ive got one more to see (actually my registered GP who Ive never seen!) I think the reason I've never seen him is because he's always booked up so must be quite good...compared to the others it wouldnt take much to be fair!! Hopefully he will be reasonable and refer me if I need him to for the private treatment!

Ive got to hope that by saying to my NHS FS that I am willing to pay that they see me quicker and do actually give me the scans!

Its going to cost £525 for a fully monitored cycle, that includes the initial consultation and blood tests I think. Im def going to phone around tho and see if I can find a clinic locally that will see me sooner if possible! I was quite suprised when they said they couldnt fit me in until the end of Feb, think they decided with that date as I told them that I am due for af any day now & they couldnt fit me in this week so wanted to def get me in in time for my next cycle!

I almost want to write to my MP or something and refuse to pay my NI! Its soo hit and miss what type of treatment we all recieve its a post code lottery! I know we all pretty much share the same frustrations, its soo lucky we've got each others support, I for one would go crazy without it so thank you all :)

ladies im sorry i dont mean to jump in here and through everyone off but can i please get some prayers today has been a very hard day. today i lost a close friend who was only 21. my OHs best friend and my bestfriends boyfriend. im a total mess today and i cant loose my baby too all of the family members and friends are taking it very hard. being only 5 weeks pregnant im trying to stay calm. we already lost one i dont want to loose another

Sma that is a horrible thing to have to go through. I am sorry for the loss of your friend and you are most definitely in my prayers. :hug:

Thinking of you hunny, try not to stress although easier said than done I know xxxx

Thinking of ou, Shanna. Please try to distance yourself from it all. I know it's easier said than done. But keep thinking that you have a baby now and that's top priority. I know it sounds selfish but that's the onl way in life sometimes :hugs: Take care of yourself, hun xxx

Firefox - the price sounds abit high. The initial consultation at my BMI is £150, each scan is £90 (I think) and ou get an average of 3 scans per cycle. So that's just over £400. Im not sure what else is included in your price for an extra £100 so definitel worth shopping around. Although in London prices WILL be higher. An chance you can go to a hospital outside of London? Say in Surrey or Kent or North of London?

Hello all - I was officially diagnosised with PCOS at the end of the year. This came happened after a m/c and then months of my hormones going nuts. I was quite literally turning into Dolly Parton every month but without a BFP. So this cycle I was on the full 155mg of the met when it started and I started showing symptoms that I didn't even have when I m/c. The biggest change is that I have a very firm spot right below my belly button. In fact it start over the weekend and I felt like I had pulled a muscle down there. I have "the line" even.

My problem is that I started spotting yesterday. It's brown with maybe a little pink but definitely not bright red like my normal AF. I'm pretty certain I Od on the 11th and I think AF is supposed to show up tomorrow or Friday. My friend who also has PCOS says that spotting can be "normal" for us and some of us have "periods" for the 1st trimester. Anyone know about any of this? I'm trying to decide if I still need to hold out hope or go to the store for pads.

Hello all - I was officially diagnosised with PCOS at the end of the year. This came happened after a m/c and then months of my hormones going nuts. I was quite literally turning into Dolly Parton every month but without a BFP. So this cycle I was on the full 155mg of the met when it started and I started showing symptoms that I didn't even have when I m/c. The biggest change is that I have a very firm spot right below my belly button. In fact it start over the weekend and I felt like I had pulled a muscle down there. I have "the line" even.

My problem is that I started spotting yesterday. It's brown with maybe a little pink but definitely not bright red like my normal AF. I'm pretty certain I Od on the 11th and I think AF is supposed to show up tomorrow or Friday. My friend who also has PCOS says that spotting can be "normal" for us and some of us have "periods" for the 1st trimester. Anyone know about any of this? I'm trying to decide if I still need to hold out hope or go to the store for pads.

Hey hun, sounds promising? have you tested yet? I tested early at 12dpo, its not over untill its over so to speak FX xxx

I tested Sunday and yesterday morning - both BFN. Thing is that I never got a BFP when I m/c just the evidence that it wasn't just AF. I've also never had this much CM before in my life and not all of it has evidence of spotting. I have felt like I'm "excited" since Monday night. I had to wear a liner today.

I tested Sunday and yesterday morning - both BFN. Thing is that I never got a BFP when I m/c just the evidence that it wasn't just AF. I've also never had this much CM before in my life and not all of it has evidence of spotting. I have felt like I'm "excited" since Monday night. I had to wear a liner today.

Oh, what are you testing with? my internet cheapies were very very faint its only when I saw it on the CB Digi did it become real. Maybe phone your GP and ask there advice hun? I dont know what else to say xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->