PCOS Club!

Wow sunny you are patient simmering herbs! I only ever took tablet form, maybe thats where I was going wrong?

Im going for acupuncture on fri, will be my first one so will see how it goes.

PCOS is soo frustrating esp when there seems to be nothing else you can do ie are healthy, exercise etc I hate it!!

Honeywright sorry af seems to have got you I dont know about the spotting sorry, always got brown spotting but my cycles are screwed so its prob a good thing with the red?!

Did you have cramps at all after ov? I've been getting them everyday since ov (im 7dpo today) feel like af is going to show anytime soon :(

Well I thought I would at least get a few days of being on spotting watch, but alas bright red spotting started today so AF will be here tomorrow or Friday (im 11dpo).

I wonder when it come to spotting in general and what it means for your cycle whether brown spotting is better than red spotting??

:hugs: Sorry :witch: got you.

I've read that dark brown to almost black is most likely to be implantation bleeding, but I've never had this so I can't really say much. I don't ever really have spotting before AF shows, it just starts out light and bright red.

Honeywright- I get brown spotting before AF all the time, i read that it's normal, it's either old blood or it's the first layer of your AF. If goes read straigh away sometimes is a sign of a heavy AF..but i'm hoping to be wrong here! (it has happende to me before)

Firfox- yeah, lots of patience but I rather have this than clomid, it still works and it's natural. Perhaps ask the ppl in the acupunture place info about the herbs? With the acupunture they may tell you, you will need it for at least 3 months before it works and that works best with herbs. Let me know what they say. Where in London are you? North, South ect..? I'm north in case you're nearby..

I hate the PCOS diet!!! You can't have anything nice!! You're not supposed to have high GI food, all the nice stuff basically,:growlmad: and I can't say no to chocolate and bread. Although I'm a thin cyster, I'm about 8.7stones

Born2beaMummy- I have tried DCI and also tried Inositol on its own for months but didn't work on me. I read lots of successuful stories both for DCI and Inositol. They does ..but not on everyone.

Not sure if you are familiar with this website: https://www.ovarian-cysts-pcos.com/inositol.html
it has lots of info re PCOS:winkwink:

stash - i've been pondering this positive OPK thing today. i'm so badly confused. am on CD 96 today and am getting really frustrated. i don't temp (i know i should) just check CM and do OPKs.. would anyone be up for having a look at my chart and see if you can shed any light on it? on 14/01/11 i got the strongest +OPK that i've ever had, and i was sure i'd ovulate after it, but now i'm pouring with textbook-quality EWCM. so, SO confused, i hate PCOS!

here is my chart: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/22efaf

stash - i've been pondering this positive OPK thing today. i'm so badly confused. am on CD 96 today and am getting really frustrated. i don't temp (i know i should) just check CM and do OPKs.. would anyone be up for having a look at my chart and see if you can shed any light on it? on 14/01/11 i got the strongest +OPK that i've ever had, and i was sure i'd ovulate after it, but now i'm pouring with textbook-quality EWCM. so, SO confused, i hate PCOS!

here is my chart: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/22efaf

I took at look at your chart (I'm not good at looking/interpreting them), and it does look like you may be ovulating based on what's there. However, after doing some research about OPKs and PCOS, multiple pos OPKs throughout the cycle (such as in yours) may actually indicate an annovulatory cycle. Do you have a dr you are seeing about this? This may actually be what's going on with me, but I'm giving my body the benefit of the doubt and waiting it out. If no AF by Feb 7, then they are inducing. I'm totally with you about hating all this PCOS crap :nope:

So I found out some crummy news over the last couple of days.. :(

First I had an appointment with a rheumatologist 9 hrs away... I have a deadline to get pregnant. If I am not pregnant by next July I have to stop trying and go back on Methorexate.:cry: They are worried that my arthritis is going to do damage to my joints so if I don't get pregnant soon I have to stop. I was diagnosed with juvenile arthritis when I was little and methotrexate was the only thing that could get it under control.

So hearing that news was quite a blow. The next day me and my OH drove the 9hrs back home only to find out OH is losing his job and getting laid off. I am so so so upset and I don't know what to do. :( We can't afford for him not to work but there aren't many options here for employment... Is it right to keep trying knowing that financially we are on rocky footing? Or do we stop and put it off for another couple of years when I can come back off of the methotrexate hopefully? omg I am so destroyed right now.

:cry::cry::cry::cry:

OMG - Jenny - Im so sorry about all the bad new :nope::hugs:

Wow....that would juct crush me. I don't really know what I would do.

How old are you if you don't mind me asking? I know we all want a baby badly on here regardless of age but it does make a difference whether you are 25 or 35.
Would you consider moving to another area in Canada where there's more jobs? Will it be easier for hubby to find a job elsewhere?

It's unbelievable how bad news always come alltogether :nope: Ive had a horrible start to the year too and it's literally been one blow after the other so I feel for you, hun :hugs:

I don't know...Id be devastated to stop trying before July. You know you'll need to stop then anyway so I almost think that Id see what happens in these 6 months,

However, I don't want to suggest anything irresponsible when you won't be able to support a baby.
I guess if you are prepared to live VERY modestly for some time if you are to have a baby, Id still keep trying.
You just never know what's around the corner and may be having a baby will make both of you try that little bit harder, motivate you more - if that makes sense. I know your DH will do everything possible to find work asap anyway

Just wanted to say Im thinking of you, hun :hugs:

hopedance- i'm not an expert either on reading charts but i know that getting positive OPKs is part of PCOS, as our hormones go up and down all the time they send the wrong signals so you may not have O.
Def. see a doc ..let us know how it goes.

sweetjennie sorry to hear the bad news, you do look quiet young from the pics, will you be able to wait to TTC after you stop your treatment in a couple of years?:hugs:

I'm so sorry Jenny. :(

Thanks for looking at my chart guys. I have seen a Dr and got a diagnosis but we argued and I don't want to go back so was really hoping to conceive naturally. It hadn't occured to me that maybe I'm just -not- ovulating... and possibly not going to. *sigh* I got more really strong OPKs yesterday and the day before, and thought maybe I was pregnant, but tested this morning - BFN. So either I am ovulating NOW, or, I'm not ovulating now. it's so depressing - how can I get pregnant when my stupid body won't even release an egg? Is there anything natural I can take to try and trigger my body to release an egg? It does seem to be on the tip of it with the OPKs getting darker each time there is a surge (compared to the surge before).

Hi hopedance, sorry to hear what you are going through now, a lot of us with PCOS have been in this road before , I'm one of them so I totally uderstand where you are coming from.

I use chinese herbs and have been using acupuntcure to get AF, there are different types of pills you can take that can help you Dichiro inositol, inositol and other herbs, they haven't worked on me but I read lots of reviews about ppl having positive results on this.
Have a look at this website, it gives all sort of advise for PCOS women. https://www.ovarian-cysts-pcos.com/inositol.html

Hope it helps!:flower:

thanks so much sunny, i'll have a look at that stuff, and the link. :)

Hello ladies I thought id let you all know, that after nealry 6 years of TTC on and off I have got my :bfp: today and im around 4 weeks! It was my second cycle of clomid and I just wanted to give hope to others out here no mater what baby no your waiting for have faith and hope xxxxx

Congrats hun, so lovely to see people getting a BFP after such a long wait, gives me some hope :) Enjoy every second :)

OMG - Jenny - Im so sorry about all the bad new :nope::hugs:

Wow....that would juct crush me. I don't really know what I would do.

How old are you if you don't mind me asking? I know we all want a baby badly on here regardless of age but it does make a difference whether you are 25 or 35.
Would you consider moving to another area in Canada where there's more jobs? Will it be easier for hubby to find a job elsewhere?

It's unbelievable how bad news always come alltogether :nope: Ive had a horrible start to the year too and it's literally been one blow after the other so I feel for you, hun :hugs:

I don't know...Id be devastated to stop trying before July. You know you'll need to stop then anyway so I almost think that Id see what happens in these 6 months,

However, I don't want to suggest anything irresponsible when you won't be able to support a baby.
I guess if you are prepared to live VERY modestly for some time if you are to have a baby, Id still keep trying.
You just never know what's around the corner and may be having a baby will make both of you try that little bit harder, motivate you more - if that makes sense. I know your DH will do everything possible to find work asap anyway

Just wanted to say Im thinking of you, hun :hugs:

I'm 24 and OH is 33. We have a couple of reasons for wanting to have children now instead of later. One being OH's age... he will be 34 in July and he really doesn't want to be 40 with very small children. I can't say I blame him.

The second reason is my medical problems. I have uncontrolled bleeding with my periods at random intervals which lasts from anywhere to a month to 7 or 8 months straight. During these times I am unable to work and in and out of the hospital. I become severely anemic. It gets to the point where I can do nothing but stay at home in bed. I refuse to go through another one of these episodes. The doctors will not preform a hysterectomy, no matter how much it impacts my quality of life, unless I have kids. My gyno already told me this.

We have both talked it out and have a plan on how to proceed. My OH should qualify for employment insurance. So he should be able to get money in about a month or so. Until then we can survive on my wage. I am the main breadwinner so it is much better that he lost his job then me loose mine. Moving isn't really an option. We have way to many roots put down here. Once my OH get his EI he is hoping to apply for funding to go back to school which should top up what he will be getting. Plus then with a new career hopefully he should be making more once he finishes. This is all a best case scenario.

We have decided to keep on trying until July and see where that leaves us. I have to see my gyno on the 31st so I am going to ask him if there is anything else he can give us to help us conceive faster so I can make my July deadline.

We have a game plan right now but it doesn't stop me from being so upset. I just feel like I am scrambling to put my life back together.

Thanks for all your support everyone. I really appreciate it. Especially now when I feel so down.

ETA: Sorry I forgot to say a congratulations to KellyW on the BFP!! Have a H&H 9 months.

Congrata Kelly :happydance:

Jennie - my DH will be 36 in May and I seem to be the one worrying about his age. I don't want hime to have hist first child at 40 :nope: He doesn't even think about his age...men, hey?!
I think your plan sounds really good! I would do something similar. Best of luck with all the EI and then going back to school! A new start - excellent!

My DH lost his job a week before our wedding 2 years ago. But because our government is so sc*ed up all he got was about $100 a week, even though he's paid into the National Insurance all his life!! Their pathertic excuse was that his wife-to-be was employed AND that he had savings :growlmad: Yet someone who'e never moved a finger in their life and just 3 kids by the age of 20 get a million bucks just for nothing!!!! Out of our tax money! It made my blood boil!
Same with IVF - we've paid tax all our life, yet we don't get any treatment. Yet an unemployed smoker/heavy drinker will get free treatment for lung cancer :growlmad:

Can you tell Im fuming yet?? :haha: Must be Clomid :blush:

Im CD4 and have 2 more tablets to take. I decided to take 65mg a day. A bit of a weird dose, I know :blush:

Have my follow up Dr in 10 days to discuss ovarian drilling :happydance:

Firefox - any news???

2011 is starting out pretty good with all the bbaies comming in so i have faith that u all will be next. clomid is what helped me i took 100mg cd 3-7 the cycle i got prego the first month didnt seem to do anything. i wasnt even on the metformin but i was the month i didnt get prego so if the doc tells u, u need to be on metformin or whatever to help get prego its not completly true

good luck ladies i hope u all are doing good and keep ure heads up

well, girls, I wish I didn't even start the Clomid this cycle. As Ive said before it has been a horrible start to the year for and it's only getting worse :nope:

So first of all my Gran had a third stroke. She's away, in Moscow (Russia).

My Mum flew there on Sat - to the very same airport that got bombed today by terrorists :nope:

My Mum said granny is really poorly (her latest words were to my Mum: Well, Ive seen you now so I can die now :cry:) and now they are obviously worried about what's going to happen with security and flights....

Then Im about to put my flat on the market to sell and also have my FS appointment in 10 days.

It's all a bit too much for me right now :nope: I think I will have to finish the Clomid on wednesday and then just see what happens.

maria- im sorry all this is happening all at once, it must be really hard on you but stay strong,theres a path for everything no matter what way it takes you first....i hope everything gets better soon and we hear about ure bfp soon as well

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->