PCOS Club!

Congratulations Firefox on your BFP!!! Very happy for you. It is sooo good to see gals here getting BFPs. Makes me feel like there is hope for the rest of us. :)

Where is everyone in their cycles? I'm 6DPO. I know my ticker says 5 but it is off a day and I've been too lazy to fix it. :p

honey- ure time will come i know it, its going to come soon and we will all be sooooo super excited for you. i know its hard to see others get ther bfp ive been through it many times too. i did notice that when i quit stressing so much is when things happend

Hello ladies! I am new to this forum so I just want to introduce myself! I am 25 years old and married to my best friend. We have been trying to conceive for about 1 1/2 years and no luck. I've been on 6-7 cycles of clomid, metforin, and have had surgery to remove two cysts off my left ovary. I have been thinking about giving up at this point because nothing seems to be working. We don't have money for invetro-fertilization either.

Basically I am on here for some support, everyone around me seems to be pregnant or just had a baby and it is extremely frustrating. What's even more frustrating is that I work for Child Protective Services as a Caseworker and I see women ranging from 14-38 with babies when they shouldn't be.

Just alittle frustrated and depressed!::sad2:

Welcome cwgurl01. Sorry to hear about all the problems you have been having. I hope you get your BFP soon.

sma - Ive noticed that too. Which does actually make it harder for me. It's like EVERYONE who's been on this thread since the beginning is now pg except for me and Honey....

Jenny - Im CD10 or 11. Will be starting my chesty cough syrup to help with cm. And Ive decided against the opks. I know they will just stress me out and I don't need that before our holidays.

CW - welcome to the thread. I feel for you. We cant have IVF on the NHS because they stopped all referrals in Sussex and Im forever grateful that if we wanted to we could go down the private route. But at the moment Im not yet psychologically ready...

Maria & Honey your time will def be soon I know it xx

:cry:I cant believe the docs appointment ive just had I've had to come home straight away as I cant stop crying! Im supposed to be in work too, I need to get all my crying out before I go in!!

It was awful! She made me do a urine test and then said Im really sorry to say this but its negative!! I was like wtf!! Then she said oh sorry there is a faint line yeah if it were me I would say its a positive! Obviously that upset me and I cried in front of her. I'd already explained that I'd done 6 tests all positive & even took the digi from today!

I explained about how I was using progesterone cream and taking the aspirin & whether I should still be doing it? She basically said that it wont do any harm but I dont need to take it - didnt really give me a straight answer as what to do as she said its up to me & I dont need it I dont know what to do??! She refused to presbribe me progesterone suppositries. She said whatever is going to happen will happen regardless, I should have a natural pregnancy as everything up till now has been medicated as I had the hormones to get pregnant in the first place I should have the hormones to support it. She also did the whole "its natural to be concerned etc as this is a much wanted baby" but I cant determine the outcome of this pregnancy. She said I should book in with the midwife at 7 weeks for the blood tests etc and to go back if the spotting gets worse in the next week or if I start proper bleeding.

Any advice on the aspirin and progesterone cream would be appreciated?!! I kinda thinking of ditching the aspirin but not the progesterone cream I just dont know what to do for the best?! Soo wish I'd never started taking either of them!!! I thought doctors were supposed to make you feel better rather than worse!!!!!! x

I'm praying for you firefox!! My sister-in-law had 3 miscarriages in a row and then the doctor put her on baby aspirin - she has a wonderful 9 year old now! I don't know much about Prog. cream though, i'm afraid.

After 4 m/c, I have a high certaintly that I'm pregnant again before my first cycle. I'm hoping it's not all in my head!!

Has anyone started taking metformin (or remained on it for 1st tri)? I used to take it, but came off it about a year/half ago. Wondering if I should start it back up. Seeing the doctor on Friday though.

If I am indeed pregnant - are there any tests I should push for on Friday?? Any help is greatly appreciated. My four m/c's have all been natural between 5-8 weeks and I've never had any testing done to make sure the pregnancies have been going ok. I want to do this one properly and push for all I can. I hate having PCOS!!!

Lots of hugs to everyone!

Lala x

Firefox - what your Dr said is rubbish! So many women only carry to term because of progesterone and baby aspirin!
Everyone Ive spoken to said that you must carry on with the progesterone until 14-16 weeks and then stop it graduall. By then the placenta is fully formed and can sustain the pregnancy.
So Id say carry on with the cream, ignore the stupid Dr and the aspirin.

Courtney - see above about progesterone. The placenta is not formed until at least 12 weeks therefore Ive never heard of people stopping the progesterone at 10 weeks :wacko: Id carry on until 14 weeks and then phase it out gradually. Definitely no cold turkey!

Lala-Ive been on Metormin for 8 months now and Im not sure if it's done anything for me or not...But I heard that if you are on it when you get pg you should stay on it for the rest of the pregnancy :wacko:

Thanks girls! Ive calmed down now!!

Lala sorry I cant help as never been on metformin but really hope everything works out for you!

Maria thanks for the advice, why do you think I should ditch the aspirin? I was half thinking I would but on the other hand it got me this far so still undecided on that one?!? All research on it that ive done seems pretty inclonclusive. As the doc said it wont harm me but I dont need it its confused me!!

Im def going to continue with the progesterone, im just uneasy about the dose but thats what I'll have to live with for the time being. Im def not going to get anything from my docs even if I could see another gp she will have written on my notes that I'd requested it grrr!

hi ladies, i hope you don't mind but i wanted to share something.

I have PCOS. Was on metformin for 3 months and dieting so i could get clomid. I got married just before christmas and was soo busy and stressed i forgot to take the met and thought id start it up again in the new year. 2 weeks later i got a bfp out of absolutely nowhere. I only tested because I had seriously painful boobs!!! I'd been monitoring everything you can monitor and saw no indication that i'd ovulated, but i did!! It's by no means a success story yet, im only 7 weeks so a long long way to go, but in terms of being able to get a bfp, it's possible!!!! xxxx

baby dust to all xxx

Congratulations!!!!

Thats fantastic news, wishing you a healthy & happy 9 months xx

Firefox - i meant to say ditch the doctor, not the aspirin! Definitely carry on with the progesterone and the aspirin.

Congratulations BabyBubbles! Hope you have a H&H 9 months

I had an appointment to see the gyno today. It went great. :D I told him about my time limit and the drug that the other doc wanted to put me on so the gyno decided to start going down the road to a fertility investigation. He commented that methotrexate is definitely not a short term medication and it would stop our TTC for quite some time.

Before he was mainly concerned with getting me healthy and ovulating again. But I've gotten the ovulation under control it seems. My progesterone from last November was 29. Is that good? lol. So he is going to help us further to meet my deadline to get pregnant. I AM SO HAPPY! He has ordered a SA for OH and is setting me up for some more tests.

When I had my D&C in July he did a hysteroscopy as well... he said this time he is injecting dye into my fallopian tubes and doing an ultrasound. Is that called a HSG? I was just so elated I forgot to ask the name of the procedure after he described what he was going to do haha.

Just an all around good day. :) This was my best case scenario when I went in to see him today.

ETA: I think he mentioned about having to put me asleep for the procedure? Ugh I wish I would have asked exactly what the name was of it! Darn me and being too excited!

Hi Ladies -

I was just diagnosed with Poly cystic ovaries....I ovulate on my own though....I just wondered if anyone here could tell me why they would be poly cystic but I am ovulating and also...could this be why I am not getting PG....again, I am ovulating and just confused!

Firefox- I mentioned the aspirin because my FS told me NOT to take it at all now that I am pregnant. He told me that it has a tendency to cause miscarriage, especially if I have no other reason for taking it :shrug: I'm not trying to scare you hun, I just thought I would let you know what I was told. I know that things are very inconclusive on the internet. I have an appointment tomorrow morning and if I remember, I will make sure to ask my OB what they think :hugs:

Jenny-I don't think it is called an HSG. I had one in October of this year and it involves being awake and it is viewed with x-rays. It almost sounds like you are having a hysterosonogram, except for the part about being sedated.

Maria-I have started to take my Crinone 8% every-other-day. I am going to ask my actual OB about it tomorrow to see what they think. If they agree with my FS, I will probably continue with every-other-day until I am 12 weeks :haha: If they think I should continue it, I will probably go back to once a day.

Question...what have you ladies heard about morning sickness. I was told that it should ease up around week 10. Well I am in week 10 and this morning was the first time that I have been so nauseous that I actually vomited. I feel like my pregnancy symptoms are getting worse. Aren't they supposed to taper off, not increase just before you reach your second trimester? What have you ladies heard?

I have never been pregnant but my friend experienced morning sickness until late into the second trimester on both of her pregnancies. She started getting sick about a week or so after she found out she was expecting.

I may have heard wrong about what he said was involved. I was just so excited I didn't pay as well attention as I should have... oh well. If I haven't gotten my appointment time for the procedure in a week to two weeks I will call to find out and ask them what the name of it is. lol.

ive heard its supposed to ease up in the 12th week. im waiting for mine to start, ive heard it usually starts week 6 or 7

Maybe you are one of the lucky ones sma and you wont have any! :D

So I have something weird going on this evening. I don't know if it is my periods going screwie or not... I am 7dop and I started spotting this evening. Only very light and not even enough to really show on my panties... sorry if this is tmi. Since going on metformin I haven't had this at all. Always 12-13 days and then AF shows. I don't know whether to be discouraged or hope it is implantation bleeding. Arg. lol

Hi ladies, was hoping for a bit of advice. I'm CD 109 and hopefully 8dpo today (may be annovulatory cycle as I'm not temping so not sure), and I have NO CM at all, none, I am so dry it hurts. It is very unusual for me.. Any chance it could be linked to pregnancy? I'm only asking because I got an evap on an IC this morning and am praying that it might be the start of a bfp. Clutching at straws here!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->