PCOS Club!

Sorry I am not sure about increasing the progesterone levels. I just spotted the one evening and then it was gone. I had some cramping with it too and I'm more exhausted then normal this past week so I really had myself convinced that it was implantation spotting lol. Well I will know within the next couple of days. I didn't take soy this cycle and normally I have a 12 day lp so that would leave me starting tomorrow because today is 12 dpo.

Congratulations to everyone who has fallen pregnant in the last couple of weeks. :D
Really pleased for you!
I'm still waiting for the 3rd March to come round so I can see the Gynaecologist. Time is going soooo slooowww. Hopefully he'll be able to sort me out so I can fall pregnant but I bet it won't be as easy as it sounds. I don't really understand all the different types of medication and technical talk so hopefully once I get my feet down the right path, I'll be able to understand what everyone is talking about better lol. I only had one period in 2010 so I'm starting to get a bit worried about the whereabouts of my menstrual cycle! What a pain! :(:growlmad:

Good luck to everyone else who is trying for a baby, sending baby dust to you :):dust:

good luck jennie- let me know the outcome! 12dpo is great it doesn't seem like you are low in progesterone..do O regulary?

Kubb- welcome! i know how you feel...there are lots of people in here that have been and are on same boat like you, this website helps a lot, pls feel free to check my journal, i had a similar experience like yours..not sure if you have pcos??

Oh don't worry. If there is any positive outcome for me there would be a crazy happy post here. I seem to be ovulating normally now since they put me back on metformin but before that I had a very messed up cycle. I would blead for months and then not have a period for months.

Welcome Kubb. Hope the gyno can get things working for you and get you ovulating properly. :)

I read that if you do get preggo with a cyst it can increase your chances of miscarriage...any truth to that??

I had a 1.3cm cyst on my right ovary when I got pregnant. I am now 11 weeks and doing fine. I had 2 ultrasounds, 1 at 6.5 weeks and 1 at 8.5 weeks, and by the second ultrasound the cyst was gone. They eventually reabsorb.

They mainly cancelled your cycle because the Clomid can cause the cyst to grow. With your cyst being the size that it is, they would not want to risk that.

Sunny- a 12 day luteal phase is not that bad. Anything under 12 is considered an issue.

Hopedance- congratulations!

Jennie- GL to you hun and I hope you get that BFP!

Sunny - Yes, I have PCOS, was diagnosed in September, it's been a long journey just for the doctors to take me seriously. I will take a look at your journal in a few minutes :)

Wow Courtney! Time sure flies. I can't believe you are 11 weeks already. How is the morning sickness going going?

I read that if you do get preggo with a cyst it can increase your chances of miscarriage...any truth to that??

I had a 1.3cm cyst on my right ovary when I got pregnant. I am now 11 weeks and doing fine. I had 2 ultrasounds, 1 at 6.5 weeks and 1 at 8.5 weeks, and by the second ultrasound the cyst was gone. They eventually reabsorb.

They mainly cancelled your cycle because the Clomid can cause the cyst to grow. With your cyst being the size that it is, they would not want to risk that.

Sunny- a 12 day luteal phase is not that bad. Anything under 12 is considered an issue.

Hopedance- congratulations!

Jennie- GL to you hun and I hope you get that BFP!

Hahaha, I know why they canceled the cycle, this was just something else that I had read and wanted to see if there was any truth behind the miscarriage claim. :flower: It sounds like the occurrences aren't any higher than they normally would be without a cyst.
Our RE wants us to refrain from ttc/sex until it's gone because he wants to help prevent it from rupturing or twisting. I go back in at the start of my next cycle (which might have to be induced since I usually don't o or get AF on my own regularly) to see if it's grown, shrunk, or gone. If so, then I start whatever treatment he decides to do :happydance:

Congratulations on your sticky bean!!

Wow Courtney! Time sure flies. I can't believe you are 11 weeks already. How is the morning sickness going going?

Fine. I haven't had a day as bad as the last time I mentioned morning sickness :thumbup: I still have long bouts of nausea and I still can't eat big meals, but I haven't thrown up since that day. I'm still super tired and I still get cramps occasionally, but other than that I am good.

GL tomorrow morning. I hope you get a wonderful surprise :hugs:

hi all
i started taking met about 6 weeks ago for pcos
i have been bleeding constantly since Oct, not the first time this has happened. Just wondered if anyone else had this problem, or know if met will help to stop this?! :shrug:

Laura I went through something similar. I bleed from Dec 09 until the beginning of Aug '10. Metformin was the only thing that could get my cycles to regulate and stop bleeding all the time. I had a transfusion and a D&C. It wasn't until they put me on Metformin that it helped. I started at 1500mg and the bleeding stopped shortly after. How much do you take? Strange that after 6 weeks it hasnt stopped yet.

hi jennie
i take 1500mg a day. i am thinking of trying to call my fs to see if they can give me any advice, i really thought met would help.

Hopefully they can figure something out hun. I know how stressful bleeding all the time can be. Fingers crossed for you.

Soooooo I am going crazy. My period is late and my temps are still way up! argh. Tomorrow can not get here fast enough! I need a darn positive already! lol

Hi all, hope you don't mind me joining the club! I'm new to baby&bump but not new to TTC! Have been TTC for just over 2 years. I was diagnosed with PCOS 2 weeks ago after an internal scan as nothing showed up on the abdominal ultrasound, and started on 1700mg metformin. I don't really have a menstrual cycle as my periods are so few and far between, last one was in June 2010. I'm hoping the metformin will help with this. My consultant has advised that I start clomid if still no BFP in 3 months.
Just wondering what everyone elses experiences of metformin are (apart from the usual side effects) - how long does it take to work etc. Thanks x

Hi Guys,

New to this so bare with me please, I've posted on other threads but just found this one so yipee I'm here..

So my story so far I have POCS syndrome and was diagnosed with this when I was 16, I'm now 22. I have very irregular periods I take nothing for it (I was taking birth control that the doctor gave but it made me ill so I have stopped taking it). My doctors haven't given me any information or sent me for regular check ups etc so I'm really not sure what I'm meant to be taking, doing etc, I want to convice (we have been trying for the past 6 months) but know I'm not going to be able to unless something is done about this.

Is there any information any one can give me? I am over weight with my POCS - when I was diagnosed with it I was very under weight and since putting me on birth control my weight just went up and up, when I loose weight I have a period so I'm currently on a diet and doing a lot of exercise. I have heard that metformin is the best drug to be taking with POCS as it helps lower insulin levels, then taking chlomid increases your chances of having a baby but I'm not sure if this is true?

I really need some help please guys I'm totally at a loss and I have no idea what I should be asking my doctor to do for me. I want to have a baby start a family but I cannot see any chance if nothing changes

Thanks for any help given x

Congratulations hopedance thats fab news!!! How are you feeling now?

Sunny, have you thought about trying progesterone cream? Dont know whether it works but im hoping it helps with low pregesterone

Welcome MrShOwE. I found metformin started working for me VERY soon after starting it. I found I had to run to the bathroom a LOT the first couple of months on Metformin and it gave me quite an upset stomach. But if you can get through it, it does get better. I found it doesn't entirely go away but not near as bad.

Hello katiejaneox! Getting to a healthy body weight is always good for TTC. Good luck! Metformin helped me start ovulating and helped regulate my cycles. Clomid is good for making you ovulate if you don't and Metformin doesn't. Or that is my understanding of it.

Sooooo AF is now 2 days late and I had a BFN this morning. I was convinced at work I had started because I got the same cramping I get RIGHT before AF strikes and **TMI TMI TMI** I felt really wet down there but when I went to the bathroom there was no AF. So I don't know what is on the go with that. Blah. I am not the most patient person either. I just want my BFP or my AF so I can just be happy or get on to go for TTC the next cycle.

Jenny - are you sure you ovulated when you thin kyou did? Is there any chance you ovulated a few days later? How many DPO are you?

Fingers crossed, hun!

welcome mrshow and katiejane..there are lots of ppl on clomid here..I can't give you any advise as it never worked on me! but on the other hand a discovered the wonderful power magic tricks of chinese herbs..a new world, it's just magic for me to know that I have been able to O for the last 6 months. Good luck girls..keep posting!

FF- nice to see you back! You know what, i think I am going mad. I tried the progesterone cream this month for the first time and i started spotting 5dpo and continued until dpo 11 then af came. Does this thing acutally work? I do spot but never spotted so early.
Are you still on progesterone cream?

Jennie- how many days dpo are you now? you're ticker still says that you are waiting to O 17 days ago:wacko:... give us some good news!

Maria- how are you? how is your granny? did you go and see the doc about drilling?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->