PCOS Club!

Jennie - we had a 2 year engagement and I wish I had a few more months to plan the wedding :haha: I soent nearly every weekend doing something for the wedding. Just thinking about colours/venue/themes/dress style/etc. Then of course finding suppliers, choosing everything, making decisions - I honestly can't imagine how people can plan their dream wedding in less than 18 months :wacko:

Clo_mid - if you have PCOS your LH levels are likely to be out of whack. I get positive OPKs at various stages of my cycle. It does make it very difficult to predict ovulation but that's just one downside of having PCOS :nope: But I really hope that for you it was implantation.

Wonga - did they give you another scan when you had those pains after the OD? I have lots of tiny cysts on my ovaries but they never cause me pain....:shrug:

Welcome to all the new ladies :flower:

Hi

Maria - i know, its crazy! My FS said not to bother with OPKs but i cant help it! I think they are right though as im deffo feeling the ovulation pains and this time I have the sore boobies that i used to get 14 before AF came before the clomid. Who knows, going to :sex: again tonight just in case!!

Lea - wow what a story! Lots going on for you ... and with a kid already! I dont have any, wanted a :baby: since forever and was with my ex for almost 10 years before we split u pbecause we didnt want the same things and then met my now husband. TTC for 15 months now and i was only diagnosed with PCOS after about 9 months .... its so common i dont know why it isnt more widely known by doctors and the first thing they check for! My doc was a bit slow but of course then you have waiting lists to contend with!!

Keep up that positive attitude, i know its difficult and there are times when you want to get in bed and hide under the covers, but there are loads of things you can do. Clomid was good for me, no side effects or anything and the lowest dose worked!! Yay!! Cant tell you how good it felt to know i ovulated!! Even if clomid doesnt sort the whole problem there are other simple things they can do before it gets too complicated! dont lose heart!

How long do you have to wait for your FS appt!!?? Make sure you ask loads of questions, take your other half and write down everything they say! Temping is good as it tells you loads and also gives you something to actually "do" while you wait!!

Big hugs chick and good luck xxxx

Hi

Maria - i know, its crazy! My FS said not to bother with OPKs but i cant help it! I think they are right though as im deffo feeling the ovulation pains and this time I have the sore boobies that i used to get 14 before AF came before the clomid. Who knows, going to :sex: again tonight just in case!!

Lea - wow what a story! Lots going on for you ... and with a kid already! I dont have any, wanted a :baby: since forever and was with my ex for almost 10 years before we split u pbecause we didnt want the same things and then met my now husband. TTC for 15 months now and i was only diagnosed with PCOS after about 9 months .... its so common i dont know why it isnt more widely known by doctors and the first thing they check for! My doc was a bit slow but of course then you have waiting lists to contend with!!

Keep up that positive attitude, i know its difficult and there are times when you want to get in bed and hide under the covers, but there are loads of things you can do. Clo-mid was good for me, no side effects or anything and the lowest dose worked!! Yay!! Cant tell you how good it felt to know i ovulated!! Even if clomid doesnt sort the whole problem there are other simple things they can do before it gets too complicated! dont lose heart!

How long do you have to wait for your FS appt!!?? Make sure you ask loads of questions, take your other half and write down everything they say! Temping is good as it tells you loads and also gives you something to actually "do" while you wait!!

Big hugs chick and good luck xxxx

awe thanks hun...Its so nice talking to others who know what your going through. My partner listens but he don't really understand, hes a Man, this is a women thing, he really wants a baby as much as i do, but he can only understand to a certain point BLESS HIM!

Well Docs said on friday she will referred me, asked me to call the surgery on wed for my appointment date. I just hope its not to long. I have been really lucky with appointments, they have been quick so fingers crossed its not long, i dont know how much longer i can cope for.. so many tests.. I will defo ask many q's thx i sometime forget that part, i spend too much time reading online for the answers. best to get it from the pros lol.

I have just spent the last few hours setting up a new chart, so i can chart everything. It will take some getting use to. is it worth doing OPK? i have them anyway. as for temp, whats the best way to do it?

I just cant wait for the day i see that :bfp: i have rehearsed it over and over agn. its driving me mad.

Awe i remember when i finally got my :bfp: in 2000 i felt i won the lottery.. i had a PERFECT pregnancy, no morning sickness nothing, just back ache the last month. Summer pregnancy, and it was a hot one too..It was amazing the whole process, the 17 hour labour, with an epidural, my son was 9lb 4oz how i did that i will never know, i was a size 8-10. dont know where he lay inside me, ne one could believe it. I videoed the labour up until my son was 1 1/2. defo the best feeling and teh most amazing thing you can experience.. So i really do Wish you complete and utter Luck for a :bfp:

:dust:
To you hun, the feeling is the best, i was lucky then.

Do you have any funny pains? the last few days i get dull pains on the left, then the nx will be the right, now i have dull ache above my pubic bone. sorry for tmi.

Oh another thing, Does pcos bloat your stomach? cos mine has this last 3 weeks, its awful. i look pregnant lol only a little...

Good luck to you hun.. :hugs:

i really need to stop neglecting this place....
I need to catch myself up on some people but before that....an update.

I started OPKs this cycle. Thought after 18 months it was time to try something different. I was afraid they wouldnt work as they dont always with PCOS, and they are cheapies.

Was definitely excited when I got a positive OPK....and then a temp rise to go along with it.!!!! :happydance:

hopefully now that i have a couple things to track O, we will finally get our BFP

Congrats on the new pregnancies Firefox, Sma, Hopedance and KellyW :happydance:

Hi all

I use opks and temping together, you can my chart my last cycle with clinic I had textbook temps and the opk was correct! I have to wait for a really dark one though as mind are generally quite dark for a long time!

Temping, I got a thermo from boots, you need a basal body temp with two decimal places so you can notice small changes, think u can get online or from most pharmacies. I do it first thing when I wake up usually 6.30am ish and do under my Tongue! Are you with fertilityfriend.com?

I know men are a pain! Although mine has been very good today, clothes shopping and food shopping and just :sex: too! It's our house warming party tomorrow so need an early night!

Right best try and sleep, I'll catch up tomorrow on the laptop where j can type better

Night everyone xxx

Ngridley that is a fab temp rise! Good luck in your two xxx

Hi all

I use opks and temping together, you can my chart my last cycle with clinic I had textbook temps and the opk was correct! I have to wait for a really dark one though as mind are generally quite dark for a long time!

Temping, I got a thermo from boots, you need a basal body temp with two decimal places so you can notice small changes, think u can get online or from most pharmacies. I do it first thing when I wake up usually 6.30am ish and do under my Tongue! Are you with fertilityfriend.com?

I know men are a pain! Although mine has been very good today, clothes shopping and food shopping and just :sex: too! It's our house warming party tomorrow so need an early night!

Right best try and sleep, I'll catch up tomorrow on the laptop where j can type better

Night everyone xxx

I got a basal body temp also, so will try temping with opk when my new cycle starts, i have never done opk before so prob take a few cycles for me to get to grips with it lol....

I am with fertilityfriend & myfertilitycharts so will keep track of everything..

awe Night hun and thanks for the support&help

Good luck with house warming. :flower:

Hi there

Thats ok, thats what we are here for ... have you been over to the Out But Not down Team yet??

Cool, well done on setting up FF, I went VIP after my free trial expired and it was well worth it, only about £10 for 90 days and if people sign up through you you get free days too!! Put a link to your chart on your signature so we can stalk it when you are starting to temp.

Thanks, im really looking forward to the party, think there are about 50 people coming in all throughout the day, hopefully got enough food, I made 30 carrot cakes and 32 (less the one i ate) brownies yesterday already!!

Your avatar is well cute, is that your first?? xxx

Well I've had my peak on cbfm confirmed by ppm and still no temp rise after two days :(I sleep with a 16" desk fan angled on me. Could this be cooling me and hiding the spike? I hope so. My chart is on my sig-would love to hear what you thought.

Rly thought I would ov this month but lh surge without temp peak, I dunno. Does that seem likely? I know that you can get false lh surges with pcos but I've never had high lh on any blood tests nor a false peak before -first one was last month and I wasn't temping then.

Hi Cranberry

Id say that if you always have the fan on then it wouldnt make any difference as it would affect you the same every day, you'd still have a rise after ovulation. Although sometimes it does go up over a couple of days rather than one big peak ... mine did that last cycle.

also you cant take too much notice of individual temps, wait untill tomorrow and see the bigger picture. Keep :sex: though just in case!!!

Good Luck xxx

NGRidley - great to see you back on here!!!

5 days to go till my OD and on the one hand Im super excited but on the other - Im a bag of nerves :wacko: I just want it done and over with. Not long to go!

The it's my Birthday mid April and it would be so fab to get a BFP :thumbup:

MariaF
I had OD 3 days ago feeling alot like my old self today but was sore the last couple of days , i'm reading everything i can on the net as i dont know anyone who has had it and who i can talk to about it i have lots of questions i keep thinking of ! I have read good and bad stories about the effects but i read more of the good , i just want it to be my turn now.
good luck with ur OD hope you get good results xx

Hi there

Thats ok, thats what we are here for ... have you been over to the Out But Not down Team yet??

Cool, well done on setting up FF, I went VIP after my free trial expired and it was well worth it, only about £10 for 90 days and if people sign up through you you get free days too!! Put a link to your chart on your signature so we can stalk it when you are starting to temp.

Thanks, im really looking forward to the party, think there are about 50 people coming in all throughout the day, hopefully got enough food, I made 30 carrot cakes and 32 (less the one i ate) brownies yesterday already!!

Your avatar is well cute, is that your first?? xxx

Hi Clo-mid,

Awe feel really :growlmad: today..

no i dont think i have, Out But Not down Team yet!! I have been in
think positive be positive, PEE POSITIVE!

I'm trying to get use to all this.. its so addictive too.. Awe i hope things are going ok, My partner loves Carrot cake, i prefer me chocolate fudge O:)
By the time you read this, prob finished, hope you are/have had a great time.
Bring on your BFP :happydance:

Yeh thats my son, oh i wish he was that small again.. hes nearly as tall has me now. Time really flys when they are babies..

Hi there, just a quick one as I'm shattered, must have had 50 people plus kids today and the last left at 9pm, got straight into pjs ANC now I'm bed!

Hope you are ok and had a good day, come join us in OBND, we have a right laugh and slowly gettin those :bfp: coming through!

Must sleep now, I'll catch up properly tomorrow xxx

Hi there, just a quick one as I'm shattered, must have had 50 people plus kids today and the last left at 9pm, got straight into pjs ANC now I'm bed!

Hope you are ok and had a good day, come join us in OBND, we have a right laugh and slowly gettin those :bfp: coming through!

Must sleep now, I'll catch up properly tomorrow xxx

Awe hope it went well!
I dont think i could have that many pp in our house, the noise, mess omg would drive us and the dyson :wacko: the music on the other hand, the louder the better... 700w music to my ears :happydance::happydance::happydance:

just popped into OBND i rem the other day i did PM sarah. She asked for info, i sent the novel to her lol.

You get some :sleep: hun, sounds like you had a busy one..

Cheers chick it was a bit of a squeeze, I did start clearing up around people but they didn't mind!

Night night xxx

lol.. enjoy ur much needed rest.. :flower:
1. New House 2.:baby:3?

Night hun tc

NGRidley - great to see you back on here!!!

5 days to go till my OD and on the one hand Im super excited but on the other - Im a bag of nerves :wacko: I just want it done and over with. Not long to go!

The it's my Birthday mid April and it would be so fab to get a BFP :thumbup:

Thanks!! :) glad to be back!
My birthday is in march and I would also love a BFP on my birthday....last year I had a chemical for my birthday so I dont want that again this year

Finally!!

I am now officially on CD1 after a 151 day cycle:happydance:

Unfortunately it seems like it is gonna be a less than fun, if the cramps and heavy bleeding I'm getting so far is anything to go by but hey at least it's happening!:happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->