PCOS Club!

Hey all,

I just had an interal ultra sound scan, I just a bit worried as my ovaries had black circles on them, I have just googled PCOS and a few of the images of ovaries looked like mine...... (Though the nurse said the ovaries are normal I didnt ask about the black circles as it didnt cross my mind). What did your ovaries look like??

Thanks

Not sure what cysts look like but I know that when I had one of my ultrasounds one ovary was a black circle and the other I could hardly see. The one with the circle meant I had ovulated from that one recently. Tbh tho it's so complicated I wouldn't try to second guess it. If there was anything to be seen they would have told you. It could be anything. Maybe try calling them/your gp to ask if it rly worries you.

Hey everyone I am new to the forum. My husband and I have been trying to concieve for 3 years. I am almost 25 and no child yet. Been feeling baby fever all month!! I was diagnosed with pcos almost 2 years ago and have only had 2 periods a year since I got my first. For the past 6 months I have had a steady period from (believe it or not) Gaining weight!!! I am very tiny, which they say is unusual with pcos but yay! I have been ovulating on my own without clomid! I am supposed to get my period tmw. I am praying to god that I am pregnant!!! I am crazy tired, sore boobs, and crazy cravings. Even though it would be way too soon for any of that!! I tracked my ovulation but my husband had his fertility tested the day after, so we could only have sex the day before I ovulated so chances are slim ... yes? AHHH I am going to go crazy. It is hard seeing all my friends and family have TONS of babies and I am trying so hard just to have one. Cross your fingers for me ladies. We will find out soon!! :)

Welcome BabyMaybeBaby! I know the feeling of having baby fever. Lots of baby dust to you.

So I had my HSG today.... Apparently I have one blocked tube. Anyone know of many success stories from people with one working tube + PCOS?

Hey all,

I just had an interal ultra sound scan, I just a bit worried as my ovaries had black circles on them, I have just googled PCOS and a few of the images of ovaries looked like mine...... (Though the nurse said the ovaries are normal I didnt ask about the black circles as it didnt cross my mind). What did your ovaries look like??

Thanks
Mine looked like those scan pics you see when you Google PCOS (image):blush:
Were there many black circles (follicles)?

Hey there, Ladies. I never knew BabyandBump had a PCOS thread, much less a Long Term TTC section! I've really been missing out!

So my name is Kimmee, I'm from New Orleans, LA currently stationed in El Paso, Texas. My husband is military (in case you hadn't guessed already) and I'm a birth doula and artist. We have one little boy, who was a pretty huge surprise, and we have been TTC #2 since January 10th 2007, so we just passed our four year mark. My doctors suspected PCOS when I was younger (around 12), but they wanted to wait until I was "more developed" before giving me an official diagnosis. My paternal grandmother had PCOS (though back then they didn't call it that, obviously). It wasn't until I was put on a round of hormone therapy when my son was a few months old that my body went completely psychotic- gained 60lbs in 5 months, broke out in acne for the first time in my life, sudden growth of hair and the hair on the top of my head began falling out, I bled non-stop and then when I finally stopped at the 5th month my periods were back to being regular (as they'd always been)... but when I tried taking Vitex they up and disappeared and didn't come back for a year. They've never been regular since. We went through hormones, fertility treatments, metformin... Finally last year I said no more. Stopped seeing doctors and started using herbal and holistic treatments only.

So far, my periods are back and now I can tell where I am in my cycle by checking my cervix and cervical mucus (OPKs were positive every single day in my cycles, same with my fertility monitor, so I stopped using them. Temps were up and down for an entire year, so I stopped temping too). So far I've shortened my cycles to about 44 days (they used to be 70-110 days) and managed to make my periods lighter and shorter as well. I've also managed to lose a bit of weight, too! My symptoms aren't as crazy anymore, but sometimes I'll get a sudden burst of them. Better than dealing with them 24/7. I'm hoping that all of these changes make this our year.

Right now I have just begun the 2ww and am waiting to see what my luteal phase does this cycle. No matter how crazy my cycles were, my LP was ALWAYS 14 days. But then last cycle my LP surprised me by ending at 12 days. Hmmm...

Anyway, thanks for having me!

Kimmee

Im back ladies - had a lovely time on holidays in Spain :happydance: Missed you all but also enjoyed having time off from BnB :thumbup:

Im due any minute now - got a BFN this morning but I wasn't hoping for anything so at least no disappointment there!
I have my pre-op assessment appointment tomorrow and then the lap and ovarian drilling in less than 2 weeks.

Jenny - I think that after HSG your tube can get cleared a little - like the dye pushes all the blockage away....anyway, Ive heard of a couple of success stories from ladies with totally blocked tubes who were ttc for years and got pg the month after the HSG.
What are you taking for your PCOS hun? I guess you still have pretty good chances except it's every other month because if the tube it totally blocked (and remember, it may not be) then it's only when the other ovary ovulates that the egg can travel into the womb. What did the Dr actually say?

Danielle - yes, sounds like PCOS Ovaries. Mine have like a "pearl necklace" around them. Im surprised the nurse didn't comment on that. Saying that, when I first went for scans and bloodwork my GP thought it was not necessary to tell me I have PCOS and just a comment under my results saying "normal results for PCOS sufferer"!!!! :growlmad: I then wasted another 4 months before going private!

Thanks Honey. No good news for you either then, hey?! when did af get you?

Are you doing another Clomid cycle?

I came on this morning. Oh well, will get it out of the way before the OD.

Had my assessment this morning - nothing out of the ordinary. Just some generic tests. Ive got to be at the clinic by 7.30 Sat week as Im the first on the list at 8.30!!! :wacko: Getting a bit nervous now but I know it's for he best :thumbup:

Yeah CD2 although I could not have been pregnant anyway as we didnt BD so it wasnt a big shock. Onto round 3 of clomid.

Sorry AF got you hun but glad all is place for your OD, cant wait to see how it goes.

So... I'm considering using Natural Progesterone Cream, but I can't seem to find any gals who are actually using it, much less any gals with PCOS. I'm currently 2DPO and it was suggested to try using it from 3DPO til AF or BFP. =/ I've got the cream, but just haven't been able to find anyone who used it. Help?

Ive tried it hun and am thinking of trying it again this cycle as I have realised after a few regular cycles I always start spotting at 11dpo which may be one of my problems with TTC.

As I say I have used it before and used about half a teaspoon and used it at the same time each day on a fatty and different part of my body.

Thank you! I wasn't sure how much to use, how many times per day or anything... Last year I nixed all of my doctors and have been doing Holistic Self-Care. Amazingly, I've been managing way better with just Self-Care. Last cycle I got a weird little surprise- my LP went from 14 days to 12 for the first time ever in my life. I know my Progesterone is low, I can tell just by changes in my body, and I did really well on Red Raspberry Leaf (natural progesterone), but I was told using NPC would likely be better. I'm hoping it is. When did you start using it in your cycles? I was told to start at 3DPO, which is tomorrow, but I've read other dates. :shrug: This has to be the most confusing thing I've dealt with! lol.

Got confirmation yesterday that I have PCOS.

I came off the Depo Provera injection last May and went on to Cerazette for a couple of months.

I had a bleed at the beginning of September then another starting 28th September which was really heavy. Since then nothing!

I got an US on 04th Feb and the results came in yesterday.

My right ovary had 1 large follicle showing that ovulation was due and my left ovary showed multiple small follicles.

I'm obese so I started WW 3 weeks ago and have lost 7 pounds, I gave up caffeine back in August when we decided to start TTC and I'm now exercising every day to help shift the flab.

Is there anything else I can do to help?

Hi

Some ppl find low carb diets help. Also see if your dr will give you metformin, is what most ppl end up being on

Good luck!

Helen

I came off the Depo Provera injection last May and went on to Cerazette for a couple of months.

I had a bleed at the beginning of September then another starting 28th September which was really heavy. Since then nothing!

My right ovary had 1 large follicle showing that ovulation was due and my left ovary showed multiple small follicles.

I'm obese so I started WW 3 weeks ago and have lost 7 pounds, I gave up caffeine back in August when we decided to start TTC and I'm now exercising every day to help shift the flab.

Usually PCOS ladies, especially those who struggle with extra weight, take Metformin. Ive been on it since June even though Im not overweight. But apparently most of us have Insulin resistance and higher risks of Diabetes and heart attacks in later life.
Metformin does wonders for some PCOS ladies in terms of helping to lose weight. So Id ask your GP about that.
7 pounds in 3 weeks sounds really good :thumbup: There are so many success stories where ladies simply lost some extra weight and got pg very quickly, without needing any further help. So best of luck with that :thumbup:

What I did that works for me is I switched to organic dairy and meats (out here they put a ton of nasty extra crap- including hormones- in our food that trickle down into us when we eat. It definitely causes symptoms of PCOS to rage). I switched to whole grain EVERYTHING. Eating carbs is fine because our bodies need them, but whole grain carbs prevent our insulin levels from spiking upward and overproducing. Linking your carbs to proteins (like peanut butter on a slice or two of whole grain toast- Peanut Butter is Protein, Toast is the Carb) helps our bodies break it down faster. Cardio workouts seem to work best for weight loss with PCOS, too. =)

Jenny - I think that after HSG your tube can get cleared a little - like the dye pushes all the blockage away....anyway, Ive heard of a couple of success stories from ladies with totally blocked tubes who were ttc for years and got pg the month after the HSG.
What are you taking for your PCOS hun? I guess you still have pretty good chances except it's every other month because if the tube it totally blocked (and remember, it may not be) then it's only when the other ovary ovulates that the egg can travel into the womb. What did the Dr actually say?

Yey!! Welcome back Maria!! Hope you had a great trip. OD not far away now!!! :):)

I take 1500mg of Metformin. It seems to have fixed my bleeding issue and made my periods regular so at the moment my PCOS is tentatively controlled.

The doc said that my right tube is def. clear as they could see the dye spill out but no dye came out of my left tube even after they injected more. They had me move around so they could try and get a better view to see if that would help but still nothing from the left. He said he needed more time to go over the results. I found it look much weirder then all the pics I have seen online. :shrug: I could see the spill myself on one side tho. He told me not to worry that with one tube I still had a possibility to get pregnant.

Haven't been on the board it seems like forever!
I'm been prescribed clomid, and am due to start taking that if af shows on the first.
Haven't picked the days I wanna start taking them, any suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->