• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

PCOS Club!

evening all, just popping by to say hi. Am now patiently waiting to see if the soy isoflavones will have any effect at all or if I will be relying on the 3 months supply of clomid that is all I am apparently allowed. Boo. Best get knocked up soon or I will be having to go private!

NGRidley- You can get the PGX for $16 on myvitanet.com. Have you tried taking cinnamon as well for the IR. I hear it does great thing for sugar. The pharmist told me about it the other day. Which is funny cause I am taking it for my periods. How do you like the EPO. I love mine. GL

I just checked that site....they only ship to the US....I am in Canada.
As for the EPO....I so far have only taken it today so really I am not sure yet LOL

I have read about the cinnamon as well on a website. I saw it there but again only wanted to spend so much money

evening all, just popping by to say hi. Am now patiently waiting to see if the soy isoflavones will have any effect at all or if I will be relying on the 3 months supply of clomid that is all I am apparently allowed. Boo. Best get knocked up soon or I will be having to go private!

FX'd that the Soy works wonders for you!!!! :)

Jewlmel- It took me almost three years to get it this way. At first all I did was research on it cause I am the kind of person that has to know every thing about something when it involves me. I am hoping for a OV cycle and very soon to. GL to you to. I hope this is are month.

Dragon Mommy- FX that the soy works for us this cycle. I also tried it this cycle. I did feel ov pains for the last two days but they are now gone. but I am only on CD9. Still pleanty of time to go. GL

NGRidley- I hear you about spend the money part. I am sorry about the web site. I didn't know that it only shipped to the US. I will keep an eye out for you if you want to try it hun. I know that vitacost.com is another one people use alot but I have never looked there. GL

Thanx buddy...hope it works....im trying to lose some weight naturally...when will u be receiving the softcups...gotta use it for bd on ovulation...i just ordered it yest...just found out one of my cousins has a 1.5 yr old...i was out of touch...never got along great with her...she was such a slut..but babies are distributed to everyone right(without exception)...wonder y he is making an exception in our case...??:nope:

They should be here mid next week something I will have to look at it and see for sure. I don't understand either. Got a phone call from an old friend of mine today. She said she was pregnant with her fifth that hurt. Cause she said she wasn't sure if she was going to keep it. I told her I would take the baby. She just laughed and said are you still on that kick. I said what kick are you talking about she then said trying to have a baby kick she said look I am not trying to been mean or anything but kids are a pain and no one should have them. I wanted to jump through the phone and bit the shit out of her. Sorry for the word useage. Oh well. All her kids are like five and under.I hater her. Oh sorry about the rant I was not planning on talking about it.

Wow...now that u say it...i would hate a too...what a mom..:dohh:Atleast all of us will take good care of our children i hope...cos surely we wont take them for granted.I could cry all day everyday.Its bad.Sorry for the rant ladies.Just letting it out.:cry:

AWWW i just read that and i haaaaate when people say things like that about the kids that as they say were mistakes and yet we all try soooo hard for them and dont get them. even when people treat there kids like they dont need to do anything for them it makes me think y did they even get pregnant or keep there baby when they could of gave it to a wonderful family who would love to take care of it. im not trying to start any problems so please no 1 take it that way...it bbrings tears to my eyes when i c that

Every time I see a parent treat their child like crap or say something to the effect of children being a bad idea, I too want to beat the living daylights out of them. The only positive thing I can get out of those experiences is that I am able to tell myself that I will NEVER treat my child like that and I think of how lucky my child will be. And it makes me happy to know that I WILL be a good mom.

Our children may take us quite a bit of time to get, but we will appreciate them all the more for that and they will be some of the most loved and well cared for children in the world.

I just feel bad for all of those children who have such parents. Why is it that all the "goons" get to procreate so well and we don't? What happened to "survival of the fittest?"

i agree with everything you are all saying, but i think the bad that goes on in the world just makes the good even stronger. i think everyone ltttc grows to love their child before its even concieved and that child will be one of the luckiest in the world to have parents like any one of you, it makes us all angry to hear of peolpe not wanting their children and getting pregnant so easily and it seems so unfair.they dont realise how precious these children are and just take them for granted.
I hate to be saying this but one of my best friends has never been on the pill and has never concieved. her doctor questioned her about this and offered her tests, she refused. she told me and i always presumed that secretly she wanted a child hense no bc, we were talking about this the other day and she said "god no! im never having kids, if i ever get pregnant i will just get rid!!!!" :growlmad: WTF????
1- she knows what me and DH are going through (although i have beautiful DD from previous relationship)
2- she is in settled LT relationship (her other half would love kids)
3- why not just go on the pill
watch this space and lets see who falls pregnant first :nope:

Hi :waves:
I've just been diagnosed with PCOS so do you all mind if I join? We've not been trying as long as most of you, feels like years and years though :cry:
x

hi scamp :wave: welcome. hope you dont have to spend too much time here (in a good way :winkwink:)
hopefully ya will get some good info and support here, im learning something more everyday :dohh: xx

Happy Friday, ladies :flower:

Courtney - sorry your cycle is so long this time. As I said Im on a reaaaaally long cycle this time round (almost 3 months). And I feel so broken :cry: I almost don't feel like a woman anymore :cry:

Redrose and NG - can I just check something about Met. Im only slightly overweight (140 pounds and 5foot5). My Grandma has diabetes and she has one of them machines that measures blood sugar levels. She took mine over the weekend and it was on the lower end of the "norm". I.e. you could say I have low sugars.
When Dr put me on Metformin he never did the insulin test. So is it safe to safe that Met is totally useless for me? Or is there any other use from it from PCOS ladies, even those with normal sugar levels?
So what would you say my steps are? Clomid?

Also, has anyone heard about licorice root and its effect on testosterone?

welcome scamp :hi:

maria - i wonder about that with met! i sometimes feel dizzy etc and think its when my sugars drop. i havent been tested for resistance either. i would ask for the test, thats my plan when i next see the endo.

happy friday to all, hope you have great days xx

Welcome Scamp. Sorry about the dx at least now you have a plan rolling or an idea of one.

MariaF- Hey hun how are you doing. I would say if you are not insulin resistant and your sugars are falling I would stop the meds and go to your doctor and tell them about it. Thats how the meds made me feel was dizzy every time I took it. I went to a work health scraning and they checked my surgar for me and it was 54. I just got done eating an hour before that. I felt so sick it wasn't even funny. I do know that low blood surgars can cause a but load of problems just as well as high blood surgars can. GL hun and I hope they find a different answer soon. You don't have to take met to be on clomid although most doctor want you to because met decrease the rate of m/c while on clomid.

Welcome scamp!!!
Maria.....my opinion is you dont need it....especially if your blood sugar levels are low normal. The met could possibly drop them lower which isnt safe if its too low (hypoclycemia).

Scamp- Welcome to the PCOS club!!
NG - Sorry abt Af:hugs:
Red - Did u happen to lose all that weight with PGX alone or did u work out too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->