• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

PCOS Club!

well good morning ladies,
i have some good news, my AF is almost done completly, maybe by tonight i will c nothing left! only a few more days of soy left to see if i O this month. i know my RE will be a little upset as i know she wanted to see if the met made me do it on my own but i honestly think it hasnt done too much for me as of yet anyways so im not wasting and time.....

ladies talking about going on clomid, have you tried the soy isos yet? alot of people say its just like clomid but natural and u double the intake of what you would take of clomid...

jewlmel- No sad to say but I didn't have time to work out. I do now that I am only working one job. So yes it was a combo of cutting back on my cals and the PGX. I did a lot of reseach on weight lose and found out what my resting heart rate was and how many cals it took to stay the same weight with the resting heart rate so I cut it down from there. And the weight just fell off. But the PGX helps with hunger pains it makes you feel full longer.

sma- congrats on your period it is a good feeling. You will have to keep up posted to see if soy worked for you. What doage did you take this cycle.

sma - good luck for this cycle hun is this your first month using soy? it seems loads of people on here have just recently started it.

redrose - your like a book of completely useful information, gonna learn a few things from you :winkwink:

and happy friday to everyone else xx:happydance:

it is a good feeling but at the same time it sux and i just wanted it to go away. lol. this is my first actual time sticking to it because before when i did it i was supposed to go have my fsh levels done on day 3 and i took it the first 2 days and it showed that i was going to O but never did and i stopped it o day 2. so i will continue it and c what happens. i will keep you all posted

Bumski- thank you.

sma- I hope it works out for you this cycle. GL

Hi! I've recently been diagnosed with PCOS (not a big surprise since my sister who also has irregular preriods had it for years), and have taken Clomid for CD2-6 for the first time this cycle:flower:

I know opks don't work with PCOS, but have been having a go.
I usually get a negative (no line or faint line) on both IC OPKs and CBFM, but today, the two IC OPKs I took this afternoon had about 80% dark lines (no luck on CBFM, still on High).

Could this be the surge? Or is it still negative?
I know the line should be as dark or darker than the control line, but with PCOS, I was hoping it may be different?

I saw my doctor on Wednesday (CD11) and he said I should ov today (CD14).
Thanks.

Hello Quaver- Welcome to the PCOS club.
I would have to say from expernce that would be a postive for us PCOS girls. I would get to BDing if I were you. GL hun. I hope you get that eggie of yours.

Morning everyone :)
How are you all? Doing much today?
I've got a full day of house cleaning lol, lucky me!
Getting annoyed as well as I've been having tummy cramps and really sore boobs for about a week but still no af :( need her to arrive soon so I can book my hsg.
Not sure if I'm being thick, but heard something called soy being mentioned, what is it?
Xx

Hey Scamp- How are you doing today. Not much with me either.
Soy is a natrual form of clomid. And you take it same as clomid. It just that if you are on 100mg of clomid then you would take 200mg of soy.

How is everyone doing??
Just wanted to let you know that I am out of town so I will probably not be on very much!
Hopefully everyone has a good week :)

Hi NG - are you going anywhere nice?

I thought Id let you know that I started taking licorice root today. I have heard wonders about it really helping reduce testosterone levels VERY quickly. So Im giving it a try for a week or two.
I also heard about Royal Jelly - but not sure what that's for.

Also, ladies taking Soy - what it is for and why are you taking it?

I can't believe that my next gunae appointment is in 10 days exactly! :happydance: Im getting soooo nervous about it. If for whatever reason the Dr doesn't prescrive Clomid next week Ill have another 2-3 months wait till the next appointment :nope:

Hey Scamp- How are you doing today. Not much with me either.
Soy is a natrual form of clomid. And you take it same as clomid. It just that if you are on 100mg of clomid then you would take 200mg of soy.

LOL -I read your post about soy after I posted my question :dohh:

I know you are meant to take Clomid at the beginnig of the cycle. What if I don't have a cycle? say, Im on day 92 now? can I still take SOY do you think?? :shrug:

I know you are meant to take Clomid at the beginnig of the cycle. What if I don't have a cycle? say, Im on day 92 now? can I still take SOY do you think?? :shrug:
You can take it now for 5 days to see if it might induce AF. That's what my doctor said.
Good luck:flower:

Maria- I think most doctors would give you something like provera to help bring on your cycle then you would take clomid or soy on days, 2-6, 3-7, 5-9. It depends on the doctor and when they want you to take it.

Quaver- I have never heard of a doctor giving you cloimd to start you period. Clomid id supose to make you ovulate not start your period. When I was on clomid I still had to take provera to get my period to come. but who knows different doctors do different things. GL

NGRidley- I hope you have a great trip. Are you going anywhere fun.

I am in Edmonton Alberta
Not sure what I am doing yet.....Definitely going to the West Edmonton Mall which is the largest mall in North America (it has an amusement park,waterpark, icerink hotel etc-- https://www.wem.ca/#/main/home/Main-Home)

Maybe going to the Royal Alberta Museum
Go see the Rocky mountains

We are here visiting my dad and step mom

Hello Ladies!

I am now an Auntie :happydance: Alexander James was born 7-17-10 at 3:13 a.m. weighing in at 8 lbs 10 oz and was 19 inches long! He is an absolutely gorgeous baby....and no, it is not just because he is my nephew :haha: I think it was love at first touch for us; me wanting to hightail it out of there with him and him constantly sighing contentedly in my arms. My sister said that he hadn't sighed like that in anyones arms except mine...so special :cry: I'm trying to take that as a sign that I am good with babies because I love babies so much, but I would truly hope it was because he felt how much love I had for him and he was returning that love :D

Oh I could just :cry: because I am so happy and miss him already! Two hours drive is too far away :growlmad:

And to think, I was so depressed and upset about my sister being pregnant :dohh: Now I am that much more motivated to beat this PCOS curse :bodyb: and have my own baby in my arms.

Quaver- Sorry I miss understood then.

NGRidley- Wow that sounds so fun. I wish I was go to.

Courtney- Wow hun Congrats. I think you will be an exclent mom. I hope we all find a way to bet this PCOS curse.

Question ladies. Do you think I should call the doctor and have my blood drawn to see if I ovulated? If I did O, then I think I may need some Prometrium because my temps are not rising very high, which could mean that my progesterone is low again...I've had low progesterone the last few months. And if my progesterone is low, that would mean that a pregnancy would not hold and I know for a fact that I timed :sex: very well, so it is possible to get pregnant. If I didn't O, I could still take some Prometrium so I can get AF and start trying soy. I have 7 days worth of Prometrium left...should I just take it?

My view is that it is a win-win situation, but DH thinks I should just wait. But my problem is that if I wait and I truly did O, then I would need the Prometrium cuz I am almost positive my progesterone is low. What do you ladies think?

Here is my chart: My Ovulation Chart

My issue is that my temps are so wacky that I can't tell if I really did O or not. I had all the signs, but my temp shift is so low. FF thinks I did but I thought the shift should be obvious.

But if I did O when it says I did, then I am already 5DPO! That is like almost half way to a test date \\:D/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->