PCOS Club!

Hi, I was wondering if any of you ladies don't ovulate or get af at all on your own? And what worked to get you to ovulate?

Hi, I was wondering if any of you ladies don't ovulate or get af at all on your own? And what worked to get you to ovulate?

Hiya :wave:
I don't ovulate on my own or have AF. I think I could count on two hands how many natural periods I've had. I was given Provera to kick start my bleeding to enable me to start taking Clomid. Also if you're over weight losing even a little bit of weight can do miracles for ovulation. Are you on any medication at the moment? Are you seeing a FS? Good luck with TTC :hugs:

Hiya :wave:
I don't ovulate on my own or have AF. I think I could count on two hands how many natural periods I've had. I was given Provera to kick start my bleeding to enable me to start taking Clomid. Also if you're over weight losing even a little bit of weight can do miracles for ovulation. Are you on any medication at the moment? Are you seeing a FS? Good luck with TTC :hugs:

Hi Kubb, do you know why you are not ovulating on your own? Is it the insulin resistance? Have you always been like that?

Hiya!
I have no idea why I don't ovulate on my own. Probably because of the extra weight I'm carrying & my ovaries are full of cysts. My FS did mention OD to help my ovaries but it won't happen until I've gone through a few cycles of Clomid. I know my hormone levels are all over the place too.
I'm on 2 x 850mg of Metformin daily so I suppose I have an insulin resistance. Thankfully I've never had any side effects from Metformin thankfully but I also don't see or feel any difference.
Sorry I can't be much help xx

Hiya!
I have no idea why I don't ovulate on my own. Probably because of the extra weight I'm carrying & my ovaries are full of cysts. My FS did mention OD to help my ovaries but it won't happen until I've gone through a few cycles of Clomid. I know my hormone levels are all over the place too.
I'm on 2 x 850mg of Metformin daily so I suppose I have an insulin resistance. Thankfully I've never had any side effects from Metformin thankfully but I also don't see or feel any difference.
Sorry I can't be much help xx

not at all! thanks for that. I am just curious as to why ppl have irregular cycles. my cycles aren't too bad, i don't have many symptoms. i do have polycystic ovaries according to my gyn, but not my FS. i'm just so confused! in hs when I first started my period, it stopped for a year but I think that's because I was running and was also super skinny.

to be honest, i actually find it quite fascinating to learn about our bodies and wish I had chosen to be an FS. haha

I don't. I've been on the pill for 7 years and I had 6 ovulatory cycles (26-35 days long) after I came off it. But after that - nothing. No idea if I was ovulating before the pill, I had irregular cycles, but not crazy long. I'm back on the pill now for a few months and loosing weight, so hoping to get a few good after-pill cycles before my fertility appointment.

I've tried Metformin and it did nothing for me. Didn't make me ovulate, didn't help me loose weight, absolute nothing.

I dont have regular cycles and havent had a period since finishing Clomid in May :( Im on CD 100+ :(

i need to lose weight coz i dont think its helping xx

i dont have cycles at all...havent had a natural af for over ten years, maybe more. Im not overweight at all but find it a struggle to keep my weight down so probably could be :) dont have really bad pcos symptoms. but have high testosterone and cysts on both ovaries.
x

I wish we all lived close together.. We all need all the support we can get because of this stressful time in our lives!!

I dont have regular cycles and havent had a period since finishing Clomid in May :( Im on CD 100+ :(

i need to lose weight coz i dont think its helping xx

What dose of clomid are you on?

Is was on 100mg and ovulated each time but still no BFP. Just waiting for IVF now. They only gave me 6 months of Clomid xx

Lisa, they say more than 6 may cause ovarian cancer. Did you have mood swings? I'm already feeling it and its only my 3rd day.

Good luck with ivf!:hugs:

Good luck with the IVF,,,,, hopefully u will only need 1 cycle.....

Hey I'm Emma, I'm 17 and I was diagnosed with PCOS in May this year. I was advised by doctors to start having kids early :) :hug:

Hi emmalou :hi:

Thanks for the good luck girls :)

I think different areas have different views on how long they will give Clomid for. I have seen ladies on here have it for a year and my FS said 6 months with a view to extending to 9 xx

Hey I'm Emma, I'm 17 and I was diagnosed with PCOS in May this year. I was advised by doctors to start having kids early :) :hug:

Hi Emma :wave:
I was 19 when I was diagnosed with PCOS last September but there were suspicions that I had PCOS when I was around 16/17. You're lucky you have your doctor behind you encouraging you to try for kids early. First of all my doctor was a bit judgemental of me TTC at the age of 18. Also my 1st FS was like "When I was your age I wasn't thinking about children", "You're so young you have your whole life to have children". She didn't understand whatsoever, she was only a trainee so thank god she stopped dealing with me and passed me on to the head of Gynaecology/Infertility.
Some people may be opinionated with your age but don't let that bother you! Just do what you want to do :thumbup:
What's happening now for you? Are you TTC? Are you in a relationship?
:hugs:

Hello there ladies,

This is my first time posting on here but I have been on reading all the posts. My situation at the moment is I was diagnosed with pcos in January of this year and have been ttc for the last two years. Every mOnth has been so upsetting as one month you think you may be in with a chance and then af turns up. My cycles are light and I only really bleed for two days. I have had lots of tests done as had my df, he had his sperm anaylist done and it came back 40% which isn't great but ok. I have my first gyno/fertility apt next week and am so scared because I don't know what they will do or say :(. I'm on here really just to talk and listen to other ppls stories to give me some hope that we will conceive soon. Hope everyone is ok and sorry for
Babbling wasn't too sure of what to post :flower: x

Hello there ladies,

This is my first time posting on here but I have been on reading all the posts. My situation at the moment is I was diagnosed with pcos in January of this year and have been ttc for the last two years. Every mOnth has been so upsetting as one month you think you may be in with a chance and then af turns up. My cycles are light and I only really bleed for two days. I have had lots of tests done as had my df, he had his sperm anaylist done and it came back 40% which isn't great but ok. I have my first gyno/fertility apt next week and am so scared because I don't know what they will do or say :(. I'm on here really just to talk and listen to other ppls stories to give me some hope that we will conceive soon. Hope everyone is ok and sorry for
Babbling wasn't too sure of what to post :flower: x

Hey Pixietot,
Don't worry about your first appointment :) I'm sure it'll go well for you. I had my first appointment earlier on in March & it went well. My partner and I sat down with the FS/gyno and disgust our history, did some more tests - I had some cervical swabs done, we talked about different treatments and was given Metformin. I was also told I needed an internal scan which I did a few weeks later.
This is the start to a new adventure, make the most of the appointment, ask lots of questions and make sure you understand everything. You really haven't got anything to be scared of :)

Good luck chick :)

:hugs:

I finally got my 1st ever smiley face about an hour ago. I am so excited! Waiting for hubby to come home for some action :blush:

My question now is ... how sure am I that ovulation will happen? Do I trust BBT absolutely to confirm this? Or trust OPK? Or all the factors? I've never been in this situation before so I am starting to get nervous now ... do I call my acupuncturist to tell her and see what she says? I think today's positive OPK is all because of my session yesterday with her. She gave additional 5 needles!!! She said she made it a stronger session because it was on CD18 and still no ovulation and today ... TADA!!! :happydance:

Oh what to do what to do?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"